2 laps from the June 17th Racer5 day at TMP

Thread: 2 laps from the June 17th Racer5 day at TMP

2 laps from the June 17th Racer5 day at TMP

Any comments on where I can pick up a little time on the lines in the video
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vry9Tnu4cCc"]YouTube- TMP track day[/ame]
    Street 05 GSXR 1000/ Track 00 R6

If you don't venture beyond the things you have already mastered, you have stopped moving forward

Re: 2 laps from the June 17th Racer5 day at TMP

Your lines looks good, Your second lap was approx a 1:20. You look smooth. I would say you just need to get out of your comfort zone and drive in deeper and get on the throttle earlier and harder on corner exit. Take this one corner at a time. The one area I would say you are loosing a lot is coming out of turn 8, the left hand. You can really make up some ground there by carrying more speed into 8 and picking up the throttle early and carrying the speed as you arc it out and into 9.
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

Re: 2 laps from the June 17th Racer5 day at TMP

Thanks for the input. Thats a tough corner for me because I'm in between gears there. Riding an old bike with no slipper clutch has it's drawbacks, taking second on the entry to 8 really upsets the chassis, I guess I'm going to have to take it up a notch and ride through 8 in 3rd and carry that speed into 9. Thyanks again.
    Street 05 GSXR 1000/ Track 00 R6

If you don't venture beyond the things you have already mastered, you have stopped moving forward