MotoGP vs WSBK

Thread: MotoGP vs WSBK

MotoGP vs WSBK

MotoGP v WSBK

Saturday's Dutch TT at Assen marked the first time that the prototype MotoGP World Championship has raced on the same track as the production World Superbike Championship in 2010.

Here are the fastest race laps for each manufacturer in each championship at Assen. The Dutch WSBK round took place on April 25.

Yamaha
    MotoGP: YZR-M1 1m 34.626s (Lorenzo)
    WSBK YZF-R1 1m 36.472s (Toseland)
    Difference: 1.846s

Honda
    MotoGP: RC212V 1m 34.525s (Pedrosa)
    WSBK CBR1000RR 1m 36.312s (Rea)
    Difference: 1.787s

Ducati
    MotoGP: Desmosedici GP10 1m 34.761s (Stoner)
    WSBK 1198R 1m 36.413s (Checa)
    Difference: 1.652s

Suzuki
    MotoGP: GSV-R 1m 36.219s (Capirossi)
    WSBK 1198R1m 36.452s (Haslam)
    Difference: 0.233s

Info from Crash.net

Interesting stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

Re: MotoGP vs WSBK

Cool comparison, I read a similar one re: Moto2 vs Supersport. Also not huge time differences.

Will be even more interesting in 2012 (IIRC) when MotoGP goes litre and can use production based engines. Aprilia + BMW to the grid I hope. MotoGP desperately needs more (competitive) bikes..

Regardless of times, if your a race fan you NEED to be watching moto2. IMO the best racing on the planet at this time : )
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

maybe the development that was developed by motogp is doing its job developing to help manufacturers develop production classes.

its a 1000 cc vs 800, a few years back the superbikes had higher top speeds than the motogp bikes! Not to mention 2 seconds is huge for these guys.....at mosport the lap record for a 1000 is about 2 seconds faster than a 600.

Quote Originally Posted by You Know View Post
    Regardless of times, if your a race fan you NEED to be watching moto2. IMO the best racing on the planet at this time : )
    no doubt, but the last race was quite boring
    i hope the field does not settle down and there is that constant lead change in the last few laps that happened in previous races

Moto2 is good, but I would not call it the greatest racing ...

It can go both ways. I find that way too many lead changes can be weird as much as no lead changes at all. If the lead change is always at the end of the straight away, it's predictable and after a while the excitement is gone. On contrary, it has been impressive how this Italian chap was able to run away with it in the last 3 races, in a control engine series like that, surely that's some putting on a show.