Pilot 2CT or Diablo Corsa 3 - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pilot 2CT or Diablo Corsa 3

Re: Pilot 2CT or Diablo Corsa 3

Quote Originally Posted by mike.from.canmore View Post
    A 200 will fit your 5.5" rear with ease. It will look bigger and better than all the rest of the guys/gals in the Tim's parking lot.
    My 190 is like 2mm from the chain guard. That's what I was refering too as in tight fit

I know it'll actually fit on the rim

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    My 190 is like 2mm from the chain guard. That's what I was refering too as in tight fit

I know it'll actually fit on the rim

-Jamie M.

Notch out the chain guard - fixed.

Notch out the chain guard - fixed.
    Is the chain guard even useful at all? I get no fling from my teflon lube, is it actually there to stop your pants from getting caught in it or something?

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Is the chain guard even useful at all? I get no fling from my teflon lube, is it actually there to stop your pants from getting caught in it or something?

-Jamie M.
    You might get a *little* fling once you first lube it, plus your chain could pick up water and fling it around if it's wet out. Not much will happen if it's not there otherwise.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Is the chain guard even useful at all? I get no fling from my teflon lube,
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    You might get a *little* fling once you first lube it, plus your chain could pick up water and fling it around if it's wet out. Not much will happen if it's not there otherwise.
    SERIOUSLY?
    You guys make it too easy!

yes, the chain guards primary purpose is to stop chain lube fling, why else would be a requirement of a safety inspection. the safety inspection is only there to help keep your pants (or legs if you are wearing shorts) clean.

SERIOUSLY?
    You guys make it too easy!

yes, the chain guards primary purpose is to stop chain lube fling, why else would be a requirement of a safety inspection. the safety inspection is only there to help keep your pants (or legs if you are wearing shorts) clean.
    Having met the guy, I'm assuming he's not wearing low cut sneakers and bell bottom jeans while riding the bike. When he mentions the risk of pants being caught in the chain, he is demonstrating that he is aware of it.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Having met the guy, I'm assuming he's not wearing low cut sneakers and bell bottom jeans while riding the bike.
    You sure were talkin bout the same guy here?

You sure were talkin bout the same guy here?
    See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. No pants.

In body: Hamilton... In spirit, Switzerland!

Quote Originally Posted by d00dz View Post
    Do you guys really use up that much of your tires one the street to use the 2nd compound? The 2nd compound on the front is only 10% at the outer edges...

Why not just get the regular Pilot Powers?
    thats what i did... badass tires man.. I got the set shipped for like $250 with 190/55
    turn in is fantastic... I don'tnotice a difference between these regular pilot powers on my cbr over the 2cts i had on my r6...
    10mm on the front tire .. the front chicken strip is about 5 mm on both sides.. I got both sides down in 20C or higher, which is the lowest temp I will go cornering.. no complaints.

Very predictable tires too.. smooth pavement (slippery) gave me great feedback.. mind you, I'm plenty smooth with throttle application so
    "Izz dangerous..... Izz dangerous not only you... but... all deh fackeen idiot who ride deh car" - Rossi, FASTER

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    thats what i did... badass tires man.. I got the set shipped for like $250 with 190/55
    turn in is fantastic... I don'tnotice a difference between these regular pilot powers on my cbr over the 2cts i had on my r6...
    10mm on the front tire .. the front chicken strip is about 5 mm on both sides.. I got both sides down in 20C or higher, which is the lowest temp I will go cornering.. no complaints.

Very predictable tires too.. smooth pavement (slippery) gave me great feedback.. mind you, I'm plenty smooth with throttle application so
    I've still got chicken strips on my front tires. That's why I was asking if the 2CT tires were really necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post

My opinion run scrubs, way cheaper than new.
    Thanks for the chart... and is the saved $$ worth it when it gets slippery in the wet/cold?

I'd run scrubs if I lived in Texas, or Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Kri$han View Post
    Thanks for the chart... and is the saved $$ worth it when it gets slippery in the wet/cold?

I'd run scrubs if I lived in Texas, or Arizona.
    I ride all year around with scrubs with no problems.

FWIW Bike tires don't tend to hydro plane.

Quote Originally Posted by d00dz View Post
    I've still got chicken strips on my front tires. That's why I was asking if the 2CT tires were really necessary...
    The way bike suspension geometry works, scrubbing in a front tire completely is tough.

Even the Dunlop NTec slicks i use, I don't use all of the front tire... almost.. but not all of it.

Are you sure it's not your bike?
    Not the bike as I get no cupping from the Metzlers.

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    I have heard great things about the road2's, however I've switched to the metz a few years ago due to cupping on the michelins on my vfr. Anyone experience cupping on the michelins?
    Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    Not the bike as I get no cupping from the Metzlers.

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    The way bike suspension geometry works, scrubbing in a front tire completely is tough.

Even the Dunlop NTec slicks i use, I don't use all of the front tire... almost.. but not all of it.

Which renders the softer compound of the PP 2CT on the fronts essentially useless!

Must be a marketing ploy from Michelin.

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    Which renders the softer compound of the PP 2CT on the fronts essentially useless!

Must be a marketing ploy from Michelin.
    Just because there's a little strip left on the front doesn't render the softer compound useless. My rears have no strip left at all while my fronts have a tiny bit left but I am certainly on the extreme sides of the front. The softer compound on the sides of the front definitely give some confidence and needed grip when leaned over.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy929 View Post
    Just because there's a little strip left on the front doesn't render the softer compound useless. My rears have no strip left at all while my fronts have a tiny bit left but I am certainly on the extreme sides of the front. The softer compound on the sides of the front definitely give some confidence and needed grip when leaned over.
    But the softer compound is only where the chicken strip is! the softer compound is only 10% of either side on the PP 2ct's (very very small).

How small is your chicken strip on the front? the chicken strip is most likely larger than the softer compound patch - meaning the softer compound never touches the ground.

OR you could be one of the few that leans the bike over that far on the street. But most people will never touch the softer compound on a front PP2ct.

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    But the softer compound is only where the chicken strip is! the softer compound is only 10% of either side on the PP 2ct's (very very small).

How small is your chicken strip on the front? the chicken strip is most likely larger than the softer compound patch - meaning the softer compound never touches the ground.

OR you could be one of the few that leans the bike over that far on the street. But most people will never touch the softer compound on a front PP2ct.
    Ahh I see what your saying, didn't know the Mich soft compound was only on 10% of either side. I run the Bt-016 which are also triple compounds and you can feel where the soft and hard compound is on the tire and it's def takes up a good bit of the side.
    Front:

My rear
    Last edited by dizzy929; 06-24-2010 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy929 View Post
    Ahh I see what your saying, didn't know the Mich soft compound was only on 10% of either side. I run the Bt-016 which are also triple compounds and you can feel where the soft and hard compound is on the tire and it's def takes up a good bit of the side.

ya - having only 10% on either side = waste/marketing ploy / lip service / whatever.

BT-016's are only double compund (ON THE FRONT) BTW.