2nd Line Partially Re-Gravelled

Thread: 2nd Line Partially Re-Gravelled

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

2nd Line Partially Re-Gravelled

Not sure how many of you ride on this road or know what it's made of it but it's gravel on top of tar which, after about a month, gets packed down by traffic and becomes pretty much like a regular asphalt road.

Anyway, they just reapplied the tar and gravel for a large stretch of it. Luckily it's right after a stop sign in one direction so it won't sneak up on anyone in that direction but in the other direction it randomly starts in the middle of the road and could cause a fright or accident. It's REALLY loose still. I wouldn't try riding on it. Even in my car it skids around a little.

I was coming home the other day (luckily in my car) and saw some construction workers at the intersection and thought they were doing just a little work at the intersection and went through and then had one of those "fuuuuuuu..." moments as I had to drive the rest of the road listening to the fresh gravel ping off my paint.

Careful out there.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Re: 2nd Line Partially Re-Gravelled

Second line of which township ... there are lots of roads called "2nd Line"?

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

Re: 2nd Line Partially Re-Gravelled

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Second line of which township ... there are lots of roads called "2nd Line"?
    This one.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.308647&z=12
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.