"my kind"? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "my kind"?

Re: "my kind"?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTY88 View Post
    I doubt the Shed employees all of the people that live in Bellfountain....

Where do you think those people work then? Maybe in toronto? I dont really want them coming into my city and making traffic worse. Works both ways, which these people dont seem to understand.

the attack from the woman who claimed to be the business asscosiation president is a reaction obviously to motorcyclists riding wrecklessly or too fast through her lttle town. i have not been to the forks of credit. i am guessing by the description it gets it is a twisty rural roadway that must be fun in spots. if there are that many people living on this road maybe it isnt the place to go and rip. the 507 is getting harder to rip on as the cottagers and residents grow in number this is in my backyard and i love the road and ride it twice a week. i have noticed a pile of anti biker sentiment lately. maybe it has always been there but people are getting braver and voicing their opinions. i smile and tell them how much i appreciate them voicing their opinions to me and how i will take it under consideration. then i go about my business. i tip very well and i am very polite everywhere i go. i take away the square's ability to say stuff like dirty biker....ect. i still think most people think we are very cool and wish they were there with us!
    it's hard out here for a pimp
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair

Quote Originally Posted by Venom01 View Post
    Perhaps they should remove the big senic route sign at hwy10 and the forks to avoid more traffic. Although one would think they put that sign there to bring people in.
    haha +1 good post
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTY88 View Post
    I doubt the Shed employees all of the people that live in Bellfountain....
    and I doubt every single motorcycle is going to Belfountain. It's all relative. The few that do go there (relative to the total number), create employment for a few who do live there.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson View Post
    Where do you think those people work then? Maybe in toronto? I dont really want them coming into my city and making traffic worse. Works both ways, which these people dont seem to understand.
    +1.

I have been reading this thread and staying quiet because I do sympathise with the locals to some extent. I stopped by the little ice cream store at the very start of the Forks road, by the river, and while chatting with them a few Harleys rode by. None of these were revving their bikes or anything but the din was positively startling. We couldn;t hear each other for a second or two as the three harleys rode by.

Since I have a long list of mods, I have to say I rolled the bike a few metres away before starting and lugging the thing until I'd turned the corner around the hill. These people were really nice and although resigned to their fate, they were a bit displeased. Nevertheless the lady was very nice and went into her tool room to bring out a hammer that I needed for the bike (stuck accelerator pump plunger - and yes I used the wooden handle to "tap" the bowl)

On the other hand, the weekend prior to this I was at the Shed, and was about to park when a fellow rider told me that the officer was handing out parking tckets for those parking along the street. Over the next half hour I noticed a lady clearly displeased and constantly glaring out of the window of the store across from the shet by the stop sign. Eventually she stormed out of her store and yelled at someone who had black sabbath playing on his harley.

Both sides of the spectrum are on display here, and really some people are extremely angry. Unfortunately they are going about this the wrong way. I wouldn't have cared if I hadn't been to the Forks in years nad wouldn't have really cared if they had closed it off to bikes had I not witnessed this aggressiveness as well as the sort of posts the resients are making (" be safe but begone"). I now make it apoint to go through there, very quietly, but I will not be forced off a publicly paid for and maintained road by people who are angry that they made a bad property investment. Seriously, should I have the mayor ban traffic on dufferin because it's so deafeningly loud that I can't ever open my windows, unless it's 3 am in the morning? Those damn ferraris and porsches!

To the residents, I would like to say that instead of being openly aggressive in this manner and spending all this time and money with police constantly handing out silly tickets, have a few speed bumps installed to cut down speeds and noise. Being agressive will not solve your problem.
    Leave him alone Lock!
    Dyna Coils/wires, 750 ECU, Dyna Rev Limiter, Orient Express Drag 2nd Gear replacement, Rebuilt Tranny, Mikuni RS 36 Flatslides, BMC Pod Filters, GSXR 1000 '01 Titanium Header and Exhaust, Oil cooler base Mod,Busa Rear Shock, Braided SS Brake Lines &Clutch Line, Busa Clutch Master, Busa Clutch Slave, FP Clutch Detent Spring, Ape Manual CCT, GSXR K1 Fork Caps/Adjusters, Race Tech Springs,

If you are the type to have very loud exhaust and tend to keep it in as low a gear as possible so everyone knows how "cool" you are you are part of the category below:

Though it ain't just Harley Riders anymore. I was downtown Saturday night on Queen and Bathurst and some fag on a Sport bike came flying by a group of us with open exhaust and bouncing it off the rev limiter.

I bet he thought he was pretty cool.

To the OP....if your bike wasn't too loud when you pulled up then you were being discriminated against and that isn't fair.
    Unfortunately some people are ruining it for the rest of us.
    Last edited by slowbird; 06-21-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by sinbin View Post

To the residents, I would like to say that instead of being openly aggressive in this manner and spending all this time and money with police constantly handing out silly tickets, have a few speed bumps installed to cut down speeds and noise. Being agressive will not solve your problem.
    You make a good point. I think the thing is that if she would have come to me and said, your bike is loud so when you are riding through our village would you mind toning it down and respect the residents. I would have been totally respectful and I would have absolutely done that. But her coming to me and basically insulting me and telling me to "get out they don't want my kind there", well that is not respecting me and my rights.

47 post's and no one has mentioned the children. Won't someone think of the children?!
    VN9008CF - Candy Lime Green.

Quote Originally Posted by acto View Post
    You make a good point. I think the thing is that if she would have come to me and said, your bike is loud so when you are riding through our village would you mind toning it down and respect the residents. I would have been totally respectful and I would have absolutely done that. But her coming to me and basically insulting me and telling me to "get out they don't want my kind there", well that is not respecting me and my rights.
    Agreed.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by sinbin View Post
    I have been reading this thread and staying quiet because I do sympathise with the locals to some extent. I stopped by the little ice cream store at the very start of the Forks road, by the river, and while chatting with them a few Harleys rode by. None of these were revving their bikes or anything but the din was positively startling. We couldn;t hear each other for a second or two as the three harleys rode by.
    This is why I fully support implementing the SAE J2825 roadside noise testing standard.

I make it a point to ride through Belfountain on a regular basis ... on my noise-compliant bike and at a speed that is considerate to the residents. And I make it a point to stop at that store for a coffee or whatever.

It appears that a lot of the issues and complaints seem to be coming from the direction of the store next to the Shed, or the one across the street (the place that used to be the general store a few years ago). Unfortunately, those businesses don't have anything that interests me as a potential customer. If they can't handle the fact that I'm passing through the town but not giving their particular shop any business ... too bad. Offer something that interests me / us, and maybe that will change!

Quote Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
    If you are the type to have very loud exhaust and tend to keep it in as low a gear as possible so everyone knows how "cool" you are you are part of the category below:

Though it ain't just Harley Riders anymore. I was downtown Saturday night on Queen and Bathurst and some fag on a Sport bike came flying by a group of us with open exhaust and bouncing it off the rev limiter.

I bet he thought he was pretty cool.

To the OP....if your bike wasn't too loud when you pulled up then you were being discriminated against and that isn't fair.
    Unfortunately some people are ruining it for the rest of us.
    Yep, fags riding sport bikes, plenty of them. I keep wondering what are these people trying to compensate for when they open it in residential areas, to go 30Kph while making as much noise as possible. These are the moments when I really forget I ride to and have an aftermarket exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Torren View Post
    47 post's and no one has mentioned the children. Won't someone think of the children?!
    The children may grow up to be bikers too.

Quote Originally Posted by ukiya View Post
    The children may grow up to be bikers too.
    Kill'em! Kill'em all
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/audio/play/704824/

Agreed. I am currently thinking of the children.
    Past: 03 Suzuki Volusia, 03 Kawasaki Nomad 1500, 06 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 98 Suzuki TL1000R.
    Present: 1982 Yamaha Seca 750, 08 Yamaha FZ1, 04 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Cela est bien dit, mais il faut cultiver notre jardin. Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    I am not giving out any advice. I am just mocking you.
    P.S. Your spelling is horrible.

I spoke with the manager today about the issue - she had no idea about the harrassment.
    She is going to join the forum - likely with the nic The Shed.

If you have concerns or kudos....email her The_Shed@rogers.com