This is in response to another thread discussing the death of the 16 year old girl killed by her Father and Brother because she refused to wear the Hijab.

I am certain that the intent was not for one or any culture to "invade" with their "belief system" to REPLACE our system.

English speakers will soon be the minority because it's ridicoulos that we the TAX PAYERS have to pay for Government literature to be printed in different languages. This country has two official languages, English and French. Get to know one or both.
Do you know the cost to us to print all of those documents and maintain them?

If English and French ARE the OFFICIAL languages of Canada then how in the world can someone take Government driving test in ANOTHER language.

How can someone live in this country for 10+ years and NOT speak English or French at a 5th grade level? THAT is RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL to ALL the people that contribute to shape the country on a mutual believe system. For whatever reason YOU chose to or left your country to come here, don't go making here like the place you left.

I am not an organized religious type of person BUT it IS RUDE and insulting to change a CHRISTMAS tree to a holiday tree. WTF is that? I would stand with the Christians to protect the spirit of what Christmas means especially to little children. Again, YOU came here so adjust. I am not saying that you should not ADD to the richness of cultural diversity, by all means please do and that's what makes this country great for EVERYONE.

I will agree that since there is a separation of church and state then ALL religious symbols should be removed from Government buildings. I am not sure why they use a Bible in court still.

You can blame your Politicians for pandering to people to get votes.

True story - The Citizenship test clearly states that you MUST be able to conduct a basic conversation in English or French as part of the process to receiving your citizenship. In a room of about 50 people, NOT one conversation or interview was conducted. During the process of asking people for their passports, it was evident that some people could NOT or BARELY (yes or know, or I don't speak English was the extent of their English vocabulary) speak English or French.

This has gotten out of hand because the REST OF US are AFRAID to speak up. When you see someone just dump trash on the TTC or in a public space, we say nothing so they keep doing it. When you see someone hock and spit right in a public space, we just side step and pretend we did not see it.

BAD DRIVERS - Remember we used to wave to each other to say thanks for letting us in the lane etc... Remember we would also lay on the horn when someone did something dumb on the roads and did not raise the hand to say sorry my mistake and I am acknowledging it and saying sorry to you. It was shame and embarrassment that fixed their bad driving habits because when you hear the horn everyone looked to see who the idiot was driving. Today you have people driving with a non see through sunshade covering the windscreen while they peer out the side of the shade to drive. Bravo!

Well guess what, they made that illegal to honk the horn so now those people with bad habits or just bad driving KEEP DOING IT and becomes the normal for them and others. YOU are now TOLD to IGNORE it, until IT rear ends you or forces you off the road or worse.

WE have failed to set and make the EXPECTATION CLEAR as to how a new comer should conduct themselves.
They should show an orientation video as part of the Citizenship process or make that part of the test also. You can not really fault someone if they did not know and more importantly you never TOLD THEM.

What do you think? Please keep it civil because no culture is better than the other no matter how you want to rationalize or justify your cultures greatness and contribution to the world. All cultures have committed atrocity against their own people and others.

I think the Eskimos are the only ones with "clean hands".
They are a quite bunch