ATGATT needed in China

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATGATT needed in China

ATGATT needed in China

Re: ATGATT needed in China

lmao......+1

Is it me or is half of the accidents in the video seem to done on purpose?

BTW what is ATGATT?

Thanks for the link.
    Past : 06 Virago 250; 85 GSX 750; 93 GSX-R 750; 83 Nighthawk 450
    Current project : 80 CM400

Live for what you'll die for.

Just another day in Markham. Isn't that CCTV camera in the Pacific Mall parking lot?

A lot of those collisions were at slow speed and totally avoidable.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

I can't make sense of the traffic pattern. The exact center of the intersection seems to be the bicycle/pedestrian lane.

Quote Originally Posted by biglandfarm View Post
    lmao......+1
    WTF?? No 4 way stops at all? Also some genuine stupidity, like the group of pedestrians saying goodbye in the middle of an freakin intersection? WTF is that all about?? I didn't know whether to laugh or be horrifed.
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

lmfao at the pedestrian who is standing completely still and gets run over.. slowly.. around 2:01

These people are friggin BLIND man!!!! Check out the flying bumper at 3:06...looks like all that was holding it on was hot melt glue. Wow just wow...
    '08 Ducati Hypermotard
    '86 Yamaha BW200

Just a FYI:

In china, TURNING vehicles have priority over vehicles going STRAIGHT.

And no I'm not joking about this.

That explains every bad foreign driver on our roads. Thanks.

Here's another fine vid, its almost unreal how bad people drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AbFe...eature=related

cant people in china open their eyes?
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

LOL I've lived in China for a couple of years. There are the official rules and there is reality. These videos look like they were taken in a smaller city.

The rules of the road are, surprisingly, very similar to Canada. Stay on the right side of the road. At an intersection stop on red, go on green. In smaller cities the traffic lights may be turned off for the day.

The general rule is to slow down and thread your way safely through an intersection. Yield for any vehicle larger than you. The reality is that all vehicular traffic could be coming down the wrong side of the street, sometimes 2 up or more. Traffic lights are routinely ignored unless there is a cop right in front of you, who will fine you on the spot. Otherwise it's the larger mob that will win. It's funny, but you get used to it.

I once rode my bicycle on campus at night on the right side of the street and hit an oncoming bicycle, on my side of the street, very similar to the video. We weren't going very fast, but I knocked his girlfriend off the back of this bike pretty hard. Both of us went down. I rushed to help his girlfriend up and then started to chew the guy out for being an idiot. He simply shrugged his shoulders. Different strokes for different cultures.

Two years ago I was in a city the size of Toronto, in a motorized 3 wheeler with 4 other kids and the driver. We were approaching a very busy intersection with buses, cars, motorcycles and bicycles preparing to turn left. The driver scared the crap out of me. Instead of approaching the intersection he crossed the centre of the road, drove in the opposite direction of traffic, made his left hand turn, still in the opposite direction of traffic, then crossed into the proper lane of traffic. He claimed that waiting at the intersection was too slow. Sure he did this at 25kph, but still I felt uncomfortable. Thankfully the only oncoming traffic were bicycles.

Cars and small trucks in China are made of very thin metal, few safety devices and few people use safety belts. I'm not surprised that the vehicles all cracked up so easily. Gear is not worn. Gear is difficult to find in smaller cities. I had a difficult problem finding a tire gauge for a relative.

BTW China has some of the highest per capita crash statistics in the world. Their highways are dangerous. I was almost killed on a long distance bus one night, when an idiot coal truck broke down. Dark night, no street lights, broken down dark blue truck hauling coal (black), no lights on. The bus, traveling at about 80kph, swerved, went up on two wheels and somehow managed to make it back to four. In China it's safer to take the train or plane than the highway.
    Last edited by TorontoBoy; 06-14-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    cant people in china open their eyes?
    ..... nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

i think the chinese government designed the traffic rules/layout to be unsafe. think about it. china is insanely over populated. they need to find a way reduce population faster.

such a huge difference between driving in markham compared to my mississauga...i drove from downtown toronto to mccowan and 401 and then driving north on mccowan during rush hour...it's hilarious, everything is a race out there, people don't use indicators...slightly unpredictable...and this is in my car...on my bike it's like i'm on a pylon course, if you don't maneuver around traffic you'll just get bumped...thank god for trailer hitch...

Quote Originally Posted by jotapeh View Post
    lmfao at the pedestrian who is standing completely still and gets run over.. slowly.. around 2:01
    +1....and the very last one.
    but still, WTF is ATGATT
    Saturday night is free moustache rides for the ladies, apply within

2009 Black n Orange bike with a bit of a rash
    2009 Blue and White bike SOLD

nevermind......googled it

A motorcycling acronym used in basic theory and practical motorcycling lessons to remind motorcyclists to wear All The Gear All The Time (ATGATT), referring to jacket, helmet, pants and gloves.
    Saturday night is free moustache rides for the ladies, apply within

2009 Black n Orange bike with a bit of a rash
    2009 Blue and White bike SOLD

I'm suprised that video wasn't as long as lord of the rings, star wars and matrix trilogies combined.

All the moron pedestrians mulling around in the intersections... hilarious...
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.