First track day

Thread: First track day

First track day

So I am going to book my first track day for this weekend with Hot Lap. I completed the FAST level 1 course two weeks ago. Would I be better off going with the long track or pro track for my first track day? For Fast I was in the intermediate group which I found comfortable. Should I book for the intermediate group assuming I have a choice. I don't need a lift but is there anyone else heading to Shannonville the morning of from Newmarket Richmond Hill area?

Re: First track day

im from rh, but im going only on sunday.
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

I will only be going Saturday or Sunday.

first track day youre gonna want to start off in beginner for sure

first track day youre gonna want to start off in beginner for sure
    that works for me since I don't know what to expect.

Which track for a noobie? Pro to long track?

do both?
    x

Quote Originally Posted by akabek View Post

I don't think it matters. At this stage track time is track time. They both have plenty of runoff area and good visibility. Pro track is faster and more flowing and long track is more technical, takes a long time to learn all the intricacies. Whatever floats your boat.
    There is no planet B.

I'll be there all weekend. let me know if you need a hand with anything.
    dark silver f150, black ninja #85.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    I don't think it matters. At this stage track time is track time. They both have plenty of runoff area and good visibility. Pro track is faster and more flowing and long track is more technical, takes a long time to learn all the intricacies. Whatever floats your boat.
    I was going to say the same thing. Long Track is a better bang for your buck in terms of corners per $, and at the early learning stage it would give you more stuff to learn. That's good and bad. Could be overwhelming with too much to learn, but good because you get to see more variety of corners. Pro Track has fewer corners but it also a very fun layout. Fewer chances for "oh crap" moments because it's really not very technical, not so much in terms of corners that flow together and compound any mistakes you make. It's fast though, so that's the trade-off. Not that Long Track is exactly slow.
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

Just pick one or do both.
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

PRO is faster but easier to learn, Long is slower but more technical. I like Long, as it makes it feels more like a real track. Pro is a bit of an oval...
    where's the wind?!

Quote Originally Posted by akabek View Post

I feel that the Novice Riding Group at this point would be a great place for you to continue to develop your skills. In this Riding Group, our on track riding marshals will be doing sighting laps for the first 2 laps in the first 2 sessions of the day to show riders the correct line. We've found this to be a great way for those new to riding the track or maybe just new to this track/layout to build confidence quicker, helping them enjoy their sessions/day much more. In addition to that, our on track marshals are pitted at the track entrance all day available to go out in your sessions for you to follow or maybe have them follow you to give feedback. You can do this every session if you like.

For this reason, I don't feel that one configuration is better suited for a beginner versus another. That answer is really more a matter of preference. I think that I speak for all who come out to our days that our team and our participants are extremely helpful to those new to the track. We'll all we can to ensure your day(s) are great ones.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by ajtallin View Post
    In addition to that, our on track marshals are pitted at the track entrance all day available to go out in your sessions for you to follow or maybe have them follow you to give feedback. You can do this every session if you like.
    This is something GoLo offer that you really should take advantage of. I had Frank Trombino follow me for a few laps and the feedback was invaluable. Such a nice guy too.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I signed up for the novice group on Sunday. I chose Sunday so I can use Saturday to prep my trailer. I have to agree it comes down to seat time verses the track.

Now we just need the rain to go take a hike.