June 12-10-Ride to Algonquin park - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: June 12-10-Ride to Algonquin park

tingavert

Re: June 12-10-Ride to Algonquin park

Wait a sec. bluevfr was saying that the north portion of hwy 7 is in bad condition, right? And mikethecottagebum was sayng that is in good condition up to the wildlife center... Then I suppose that we should come from south, right?
    Lil can you post the final route?
    Is it a one day trip? no motels, right?
    I'll track this post but till now it has been decided that the meeting point is at Don Mills/Shepp. Esso around 7:30 to leave at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by LilMel View Post
    60 is ok right? Mike seems to think 60 that goes through the park is bad
    60 that goes thru the park is a major road and is in exellent condition, it is well maintained all year round.

Mike and I are rideing out to Algonquin park this comeing saturday .We are planning a route off the hiways so we can enjoy the scenery.
    It wont be a fast ride but not a slow ride lol ,i am a newbie he isn't.
    We have a GPS so alls good,There will be rest stops along the way as it is a long ride ,bring extra gear and or rain gear you never know.
    Also cameras...... we may see some bears lol.
    Please wear proper gear . If you are speed demons you wont love the pace we are keeping just want to tell you .
    We will be meeting up at Fairview Mall in the parking lots faceing the library , at 8am .
    We will be waiting 20 mins as this is a full day trip ,if you need a bit more time please text me ...
    Melissa ...This is my first long ride I am excited .
    Hope to see a few people join us let us know . message me thanks for the # removal tip guys
    Isnt it giong to rain on the 12th?

hey, im in too, will be keeping track of the post to keep updated
    cant wait
    RE: is the first post of this page updated? meeting at fairview mall, leaving around 8 am?
    Last edited by hassangh; 06-09-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Okay lets make sure were talking about the same thing in regards to 60 vs Kennesis Lake 7

FIRST

TWO PARKS, one Algonquin, one Haliburton Forest.

Second

Kennesis Lake rd goes North off 118 up to Kennesis Lake around it and back down. It does not Connect with 60. Bikes WILL NOT ENJOY themselves beyond the Haliburton Forest and Wild life Centre,

I'm pretty sure all the routes mentioned here do not take this convoy past HWY 118 AND Kennesis Rd 7 at West Guilford.

Trying to alleviate confusion probably made it even better!

NO RAIN NO RAIN NO RAIN!!!!
    Drive Fast. Take Chances

Click the link guys on mikes and or my link on the map it says ..did you mean dunsford ....hit that and theres the map .
    study it print it how ever you wish we have a gps so dont worry we wont get you to lost hehe ... And if anyone has a helmet cam bring it please would love a video of this . Now If we are all sore from the ride I think we sould find a place to crash -I think rideing alert is safer . and no booze and rideing ill take your keys muuhahahah !!!! If there is rain /..... we will post pone this ride for 2 weeks from the 12th same map and all .
    But everyone say thier prayers for clear blue please and thankyou .
    I am so excited I am driveing Mike nuts hehe . If anyone along our route wants us to meet up with them please tell us a easy meet up with you and we shall.
    Meet up at Don Mills /Sheppard gas station try and be there by 7am to gas up and energy up .layers is also smart we can always peal those off and i dont know how chilly it will be in the AM
    NO RAIN!!NO RAIN!! NO RAIN!!!
    Your Friends are your Family ..Your Bike is your Best Friend .Throttle That *****!!!! ..(as the hubby says) haha
    2003 Suzuki Savage LS 650

donmills and sheppard - that's close to my place. so i will try and be there.
    10 hr ride.. hmm.. wil have to get my car buddies to wait for me at home so they can peel me arse off the bike..

.and btw. i usually hear about this elephant lake rd, maynooth..etc to start and HWY400 down on return (easy to hurry back home).
    oh not 2 forget

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=m...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

dexter

...on my li'l 250 ninja

Thanks for the update.

Just a dummy question , did you check gas stations on the route?
    I'm ok within each 200km.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARyan View Post
    Thanks for the update.

Thanks
    Lol very good question Aryan , I know there are alot of stations along the route i have caged it to algonquin for years but yes took the hiway 400 till the break off point in my car.. my tank is small so we will have to make stops ..
    Dexter I don't want to take the hiways for the reason i am really new to the hi speeds on my bike and it will take me time .So if anyone wants to do the hiway feel free to but we wont be .
    Please print off a map for yourselves so you can meet us if you wish , who rides with us arrives with us .
    We stick together as a group will exchange cells to just in case ..
    We want to have fun not worry about people stressing over hiways
    Peace out
    Your Friends are your Family ..Your Bike is your Best Friend .Throttle That *****!!!! ..(as the hubby says) haha

Make sure to fill up before you enter the Park as there are no gas stations in Algonquin.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter View Post
    i usually hear about this elephant lake rd, maynooth..etc to start and HWY400 down on return (easy to hurry back home).

dexter

...on my li'l 250 ninja
    alright! another 250.
    if ppl end up staying there, i am up for highway riding on our way back.

If there is rain /..... we will post pone this ride for 2 weeks from the 12th same map and all.

Meet up at Don Mills /Sheppard gas station try and be there by 7am to gas up and energy up .layers is also smart we can always peal those off and i dont know how chilly it will be in the AM
    works for me.
    and yea..

NO RAIN NO RAIN NO RAIN!! + NO THUNDERSTORMS! NO THUNDERSTORMS! NO THUNDERSTORMS!
    still a noob.

Need prescription eyeglasses? contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by boooya View Post
    No way she`s the perfect age, its also great bonding and memories that will last her forever. My daughter is 15 , trust me take her out now before you don`t want to anymore .
    Man, now you have me thinking about this and I'll give her a quick ride on the weekend to see how she feels I think I'll give my older son a ride too, who is 9. My youngest is 6, so I think it's a little early for him for a Supersport

Riding alone? Look my profile up for our FB link to join us for rides!

Quote Originally Posted by ARyan View Post
    Thanks for the update.

Thanks
    Be careful on the gas stations way up north around Algonquin. I think most of them close early on Saturdays. So make sure you have this planned, or your sleeping on the side of the road with your bike for the night I would call them ahead of time to ensure that they're open late enough for you guys to gas up to be able to get south a little..

No panic, depending on if you are going from the East or West, just gas up in Maynooth or Dorset and you will be fine, It is only 120 K between these 2 towns where you can find gas, food etc.
    Last edited by STARSHIP; 06-10-2010 at 12:42 PM.

You guys really have my interest peaked with this ride. I'm going to watch this thread.

I'm a new rider as well...just not sure I want to get up that much earlier, to head in from Kitchener area. lol.

This is a route I want to try sometime...I'm hoping the rain holds off mostly for you guys.

lol
    if we all are that desperate, may i suggest a virginal sacrifice to the gods?
    seemed to work back in the day
    only problem is finding virgins in canada

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    No panic, depending on if you are going from th East or West, just gas up in Maynooth or Dorset and you will be fine, It is only 120 K between these 2 towns where you can find gas, food etc.
    120k for my bike is no probs. some others need it quicker..

I did this run last week and we lucked out on a gas station when we reached it 5 minutes before closing. If we didn't catch this, we would of had a nice nap with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by silent_vik View Post
    NO RAIN NO RAIN NO RAIN!! + NO THUNDERSTORMS! NO THUNDERSTORMS! NO THUNDERSTORMS!
    Right now its at 70% POP 15mm with thunder/lightning on SAT & 70% POP 5mm with thunder/lightning on SUN.

Quote Originally Posted by jailbreak View Post
    Right now its at 70% POP 15mm with thunder/lightning on SAT & 70% POP 5mm with thunder/lightning on SUN.
    Mark!!!! you are the bearer of bad news SHUT UP!!! lmao!!! Don't rain on our parade !! don't soak our enthusiasm ....don't pour a glass of water over our thoughts ...lol enough???
    I am gonna say some major prayers that mother nature changes her mind for this weekend ..she wuvs me..
    No sacrifices lol maybe i will sacrifice Mark lmao

Mark!!!! you are the bearer of bad news SHUT UP!!! lmao!!! Don't rain on our parade !! don't soak our enthusiasm ....don't pour a glass of water over our thoughts ...lol enough???
    I am gonna say some major prayers that mother nature changes her mind for this weekend ..she wuvs me..
    No sacrifices lol maybe i will sacrifice Mark lmao
    good luck with the rain wishes