Thread: Trip plan, take a look

Trip plan, take a look

part 1

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...9&ie=UTF8&z=14

Part 2

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...73729&t=h&z=14
    Part 3

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...8454c&t=h&z=12

If anyone sees any gravel roads or unpaved roads on the map let me know. Also if you have any other suggestions with respect to close roads to the rout let me know.
    Last edited by KrazyBones; 06-07-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Re: Trip plan, take a look

As an alternative to Charleston sideroad, and since you're already close by, shoot up to Hockley road from Airport and come down Hurontario from there.
    Last edited by Chaos; 06-07-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Looks good. Lots of roads your missing in and around Campleville, but if your not wanting to go up and down just and back and forth to do all the roads, your route looks great, however I'd do this instead of taking Cedar Springs south to Dundas and then Dundas going all the way up.

1) You can either take Side Road 1 which runs along the golf course. That has a few great corners and will turn into Parkside Drive. Turn left onto Main St N, past the lights and keep going south. That will take you right to snake road. Slightly less boring, but not as fun as....

2) Turn right from CedarSprings onto 1st side road, do that small section, then turn left onto Evans, left onto Dundas, right onto Kerns. South all the way to the North Service, right then right into King St. That will also take you to Snake Rd with a nice uphill section and a long open straight away to stretch your bikes legs. I added a bit extra, cuz the world does not end at Snake Road.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...8454c&t=h&z=12

After going to the last point, double back, enjoy the uphill section, then pull over on the right at the lookout that you passed and take a break and enjoy the view
    Last edited by ScoTTY88; 06-07-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Talking Re: Trip plan, take a look

oh scott....if you had come out on friday...you would have learned even more roads to plot on a map.....see you this friday
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

Yes Matt, well the world does not end at Sydemham road either. I could connect it via Mineral Springs ect ect and take him to Ridge Road ect, but Idunno if he wants go that far.

hey scott feel free to mention any roads around there i missed. I don;t mind going up and down as long as the roads are great

now i have to memorize the rout lol .... that's going to be hard =[

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyBones View Post
    now i have to memorize the rout lol .... that's going to be hard =[
    Where you from? I'd be happy to meet you at Trafalgar/15 one day and take you around the area assuming your a decent ride and can keep up a good pace.
    Pretty hard to plan a route tho without keeping it streamlined going one way, thered be lots of doubling back.
    Last edited by ScoTTY88; 06-07-2010 at 04:03 PM.

What I did my first time was just print something out in MS Word and tape it to my gas tank.

Paper was a half a sheet folded in half across the space above my gas cap.

Looked something like;

Cedar Springs to R onto Side Road 1. Follow to L onto Evans Rd to L on Dundas to R on Kerns. South to R onto North Service. R on King Rd follow to R onto Mill St to L onto Union St. L on Union St follow to L onto Snake Rd

i live in Bolton, i can keep up assuming you don't drag knees on every corner. Maybe this weekend or during the week if you don;t work or have a day off. Let me know

hah ya I am off work these days. Any day this week should be okay, lemme know.
    whats your ride?

check ur pms =]

U guys should add each other on facebook.

thanks scott for showing me around. Was a great ride

No prob. See ya around.