What Bike should I get for an M1? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Bike should I get for an M1?

Re: What Bike should I get for an M1?

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    GS500/GS500F/Ninja 500R are good begineer bikes. These have sport touring seating position, and insurance is lower. My bike only has 47 hp, so it's not bad.
    For your height, are you sure you really don't want a cruiser? There are tons of beginner's cruisers in 250cc range like Suzuki Marauder and Yamaha Virago.
    I only like sport motorcycles.

I live in the 21st century, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Byte View Post

...so does everybody else here.

And if you consider the CBR125 a sportbike, then a GS500/Ninja 500r would be rocketship....and it'll fit you better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
    ...so does everybody else here.

And if you consider the CBR125 a sportbike, then a GS500/Ninja 500r would be rocketship....and it'll fit you better.
    Alright, when I shall have my M2.

And the insurance companies with what they charge riders live in the 22nd century.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    And the insurance companies with what they charge riders live in the 22nd century.

Pretty much, ya.

At 6'6" and 16 years old... I'd say forget risking your limbs on bikes and get into some sort of sport be it basketball, volleyball, swimming.. anything really. You can't teach tall.

Quote Originally Posted by 1WheelDrive View Post
    At 6'6" and 16 years old... I'd say forget risking your limbs on bikes and get into some sort of sport be it basketball, volleyball, swimming.. anything really. You can't teach tall.
    I am already in sports, and I need a form of transportation.

ur not gona find something thats under 150cc but still has enough body for your hight. bc ur 16 though, id say forget about the height factor and get a CBR125. insurence will kill you, and i say that from experience.
    if ur more concerned with ur height, already a little comfortble on bikes and have a sugar daddy then maybe look into a ninja 250.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth232 View Post
    ur not gona find something thats under 150cc but still has enough body for your hight. bc ur 16 though, id say forget about the height factor and get a CBR125. insurence will kill you, and i say that from experience.
    if ur more concerned with ur height, already a little comfortble on bikes and have a sugar daddy then maybe look into a ninja 250.
    Ninja 250 will fit?

The Hyosung 250 looks like a sportbike, but it's considerably "bigger"and taller than say a Ninja 250...the frame is the same as the 650, just with the 250 motor
    My dirtbike has slicks

I am already in sports, and I need a form of transportation.
    if ur just looking transportation, and JUST transportation then a car would actually work out to be cheaper, specially if u can get ur insurance under ur parents name. dont let the idea of cheap on gas fool you with a bike, it might be like that for 40 year olds who've been insurend most of they're life but for a 16 year old its alot more.
    not to discurage you though, if you want to ride, power to you

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth232 View Post
    if ur just looking transportation, and JUST transportation then a car would actually work out to be cheaper, specially if u can get ur insurance under ur parents name. dont let the idea of cheap on gas fool you with a bike, it might be like that for 40 year olds who've been insurend most of they're life but for a 16 year old its alot more.
    not to discurage you though, if you want to ride, power to you

Could it be possible to make it so the Motorcycles insurance is under my parents name also?

Will the outcome be cheaper?

6.6 16 damn ur tall go on NBA that fits u the best any bike will look small underneath you unless u go 1000 an up but anyway like most of ppl tell u get ur G-s 1-st learn the idea of bein on the road then get a bike.. no rush on riding ur young and have lots of time ahead of you i startes riding at 30!!!!

I would suggest an RZ350 or a VF500F

The interceptor is easy to learn on. Weight distribution is great. Comfy bike for a 6'4". Forgiving as it has power that is linear.

But if you never have ridden before the best place to learn IMO is in the dirt. Then take what you learned in the dirt to the street. Having said that, there is an obvious adjustment but you won't be learning the shifting , clutch while your learning corner speed which helps.

My buddy started out on a RZ500 and he really should have started in the dirt because he was distracted between running the bike and driving the bike.

What we f-14 drivers call helmet fire.

Go to a few shops and sit on some bikes to see what "fits" for you, no one can tell you if it's comfy enough for you. But being 6'6 125's and even 250's are going to feel to small I bet. I'm only 5'7 and my ninja 250 is a perfect fit for myself.
    My Ride: 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Could it be possible to make it so the Motorcycles insurance is under my parents name also?

Will the outcome be cheaper?
    Nope, tried that

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjabunny View Post
    The Hyosung 250 looks like a sportbike, but it's considerably "bigger"and taller than say a Ninja 250...the frame is the same as the 650, just with the 250 motor
    good point! just keep in mind its alot harder to re-sell a hyosung then a kawi. plus u get alot more money for the japanese one when it comes to selling time

Quote Originally Posted by Sushii View Post
    Your only option here would be a CBR125... or some older model bikes which i doubt you'll like since you want a sports bike look. You can get the CBR125 for under $3000 easily but before anything... call around and ask for insurance quotes. Your 16... so good luck!
    I don't think he'd fit on a weebr-125

Why not think dual sport until your rates come down? Motards and dual sports kick butt in downtown traffic, but suffer a bit on the highway.

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    I don't think he'd fit on a weebr-125

Why not think dual sport until your rates come down? Motards and dual sports kick butt in downtown traffic, but suffer a bit on the highway.
    Say, will the rates go down with a M2? With a Motorcycle course as well.

I'd suggest reading through the thread English J posted, then post that question in the insurance forum.Many companies will not insure you until you have your M2, some offer no discount for the Motorcycle Safety Course, while for other's it's mandatory. I'd choose three bike models then get quotes on them all.

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca