F1 forma - flow boots and knox cold top from Velocity

Thread: F1 forma - flow boots and knox cold top from Velocity

F1 forma - flow boots and knox cold top from Velocity

Hi there,

I just bought the red f1 flow forma boots from Jimmy at Velocity sports gear. Again, service and price was pretty awesome. Sent an e-mail to Jimmy and had a reply within five minutes. He made sure to keep himself available so I can make in time to pick it up.

Boots:
    Price $300
    The comfort level is amazing. I had been having issues with my foot being uncomfortable while riding long periods. It all went away with this. I tried sneakers, boots etc... but it was uncomfrotable has hell due to riding position.

Today is causal day at work and I forgot my runners so I've been wearing these for the entire day and have not had an issue; very comfortable!

Knox sport top:
    Price: $100 (reduced price cuz I bought the boots at the same time). Jimmy always cuts me a break when I buy multiple things at the same time. It's like buying a combo lol.

I asked for this because it's been mofo cold lately (last month) and I was tired of it. Wind gets in and it gets cold fast during mornings and nights. I wore it last night coming home from sauga and I honestly did not feel any wind or cold. Wore it again this morning and same thing! Works brilliantly.

Very well made. It has three very thin layers. I plan on using it later in the season. I won't have to wear 3 frigin' sweaters under my jacket anymore!

Thanks a lot Jimmy for the excellent service and prices!

Cheers.

Re: F1 forma - flow boots and knox cold top from Velocity

Love my forma f1's! They are amazing to ride in!
    Chris
    05 Red Ducati Monster 620 (sold)
    09 Balloon White Suzuki Hayabusa

Here is an update:

Rode with the top and boots in the rain yesterday. They performed very well and had no problems what so ever.

I highly recommend them.

Also, I got a free tshirt from Jimmy when I bought the stuff there. Definitely a plus!

Can the top be used as a stand alone shirt .When you take your jacket off ?

08 VRSCDXA
    99 VFR800
    90 GSXR1100
    88 600 Katana
    84 VF500F
    84 Yamaha XS 400
    84 Suzuki GS400

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy **** ....what a ride!'

Quote Originally Posted by pfbmgd View Post
    Can the top be used as a stand alone shirt .When you take your jacket off ?
    Yes.

Can also be used as a condom depending on the size of your wang

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post

Today is causal day at work and I forgot my runners so I've been wearing these for the entire day and have not had an issue; very comfortable!

You must have looked pretty .

08 VRSCDXA
    99 VFR800
    90 GSXR1100
    88 600 Katana
    84 VF500F
    84 Yamaha XS 400
    84 Suzuki GS400

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy **** ....what a ride!'

You must have looked pretty .
    yes I did, the girls were staring at the boots and going "shiiiiiiiiiiit"

after I told them how much it cost their jaw dropped LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    yes I did, the girls were staring at the boots and going "shiiiiiiiiiiit"

after I told them how much it cost their jaw dropped LOL

Probably they were thinking your are overcompensating for something .

08 VRSCDXA
    99 VFR800
    90 GSXR1100
    88 600 Katana
    84 VF500F
    84 Yamaha XS 400
    84 Suzuki GS400

Probably they were thinking your are overcompensating for something .
    a small penis ofcourse

did you get the air versions? if so, how's the air flow on them?
    1980 Yamaha SR500 (CURRENT)
    2008 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
    2005 Honda 600rr (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by konix View Post
    did you get the air versions? if so, how's the air flow on them?
    Yes, I got the F1 flow. Pretty good, much better than the joe rocket I have.

Really comfy, try it out.

Krauser

How good are these Forma's? I've never heard of the company and haven't seen any stores carrying them. They're pretty expensive, about the same price as Sidi/Alpinestars highest tier models which look badass by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Krauser View Post
    How good are these Forma's? I've never heard of the company and haven't seen any stores carrying them. They're pretty expensive, about the same price as Sidi/Alpinestars highest tier models which look badass by the way.
    They're big in EU, not much in NA since they're italian. Highly rated boots. People compare them to sidi without any issues.

No issues thus far. Solid boot.

Krauser

I like the Forma Arrow SX Black actually... I would have bought them 3 years ago since they look a lot better than my Sidi B2's and I paid about $300 for those. Oh and they used to squeak a lot when new. ><

The F1 Flows look nice but they need to be in black.
    http://www.velocitysportsgear.com/fo...s/f1-flow.html

They have the F1's in black, but not the flows!

I'm bumping this old thread too.

I bought the Arrow SX Dry from Jimmy back in February. I've been wearing them since I started riding this season, which was back during the Spring Motorcycle Show at the International Centre. They HURT to break in, but once they did, they were great. Very capable sportbike touring shoe that also holds up well in the rain.

I did my first track day today with Racer5 on their 125s. I was having issues with breaking in my suit, so I had difficulties getting my knee out and my toes in. Anyway, so my toes were dragging instead of my knees. Not good I know, but I'm working on it. Anyway, after a couple of sessions, I notice that there is something rubbing on the inside of my heel, in both boots. Take them off to inspect, and I notice that some kind of plastic is poking my feet. I tough it out and finish the day.

I went to see Jimmy about it, hoping he would help me out with a simple fix. He compared it to another pair, and saw that an internal seam that holds some of the plastic in place seems to have broken. It would be very difficult, if not impossible, to fix. So, although Forma rates the boots for street and track, Jimmy and I would have to disagree with that assessment. If you're using it for the street, they're a perfectly capable boot.

Now, I'm going to bold the rest of this, because this is where Jimmy came through for me:

Jimmy offered to replace the boots, but he didn't have the same Arrow SX Dry in my size. He then offered to straight up swap my pair for a pair for F1 Flow boots, which are a much better and more expensive boot. However, I bought the SX Dry mostly because I commute rain or shine, and I wanted it for the occasional track day. The F1 Flows weren't waterproof, and I really didn't need a track-oriented boot. I thought about just toughing it out with my existing pair.

Jimmy then offered to sell me the F1 Flows for a VERY reasonable price, so I could have the best of both worlds. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

If you look up customer service in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of Jimmy, surrounded by naked angels and pretty white doves.