I think someone has a stolen bike in my garage

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think someone has a stolen bike in my garage

I think someone has a stolen bike in my garage

Before I say anything, I just want to clarify that I have no concrete evidence that this bike is stolen. This is all SPECULATION.

I live in a condo and this morning while I was standing on my balcony and I see a red Kawasaki ZX-9R drive into the parking lot and into the underground garage. I recognized the guy riding the bike. He lives in my building and I've never really talk to him but we did go to the same high school. He comes off as a total ******. He dresses like he's going to a club all the time and an overall sketchy character. I don't even think he has a motorcycle license. I saw him ride into the parking lot with his street clothes on and without a helmet.

I went into the underground parking and took some pictures of the bike. The bike definitely has some damage. There are major scratches and a turn signal which is dangling.

What should I do? Again let me clarify, I have no solid evidence that the bike is stolen. He is just a sketchy dude. I have the VIN number of the bike, is it possible I can contact the police and ask if the VIN number of the bike has been reported as stolen?

UPDATE: VIN number was searched in a online database of stolen vehicles and no records were found. I've made the VIN number public. Another user is going to buy a UVIP package in hopes we can contact the original owner and ask if their bike was stolen.

UPDATE 2:Deleted the VIN number.

UPDATE 3:toysareforboys stepped up to the plate and got the UVIP package. Turns out, the last registered owner does lives in Bracebridge, not even close to Etobicoke. Next step, contact the owner get to the bottom of this.

CONCLUSION: The bike was not stolen from the last registered owner. For more details, see post 110.

Last edited by Ksquared101; 06-02-2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: CONCLUSION

Re: I think someone has a stolen bike in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ksquared101 View Post
    Before I say anything, I just want to clarify that I have no concrete evidence that this bike is stolen. This is all SPECULATION.

I live in a condo and this morning while I was standing on my balcony and I see a red Kawasaki ZX-9R drive into the parking lot and into the underground garage. I recognized the guy riding the bike. He lives in my building and I've never really talk to him but we did go to the same high school. He comes off as a total ******. He dresses like he's going to a club all the time and an overall sketchy character. I don't even think he has a motorcycle license. I saw him ride into the parking lot with his street clothes on and without a helmet.

I went into the underground parking and took some pictures of the bike. The bike definitely has some damage. There are major scratches and a turn signal which is dangling.

What should I do? Again let me clarify, I have no solid evidence that the bike is stolen. He is just a sketchy dude. I have the VIN number of the bike, is it possible I can contact the police and ask if the VIN number of the bike has been reported as stolen?

Just because he looks sketchy isn't enough to think he is a thief. Never judge a book by it's cover? We all thought Envy rides and Timmay were legit good decent people .... that was a giant LOL

certainly couldn't hurt if you suspect it's stolen. is there a plate on it? I'd get that number too...

Quote Originally Posted by Ksquared101 View Post
    You can certainly do that without disclosing any details. Somehow I don't think it's been stolen. It seems more like the bike has been crashed and the original rider was hurt enough not to ride it home.
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

You can take the VIN to the ministry and get a used vehicle pkg 20$...previous owners names will be listed and if it's stolen it will be flagged....

D
    2005 ZX6R-current-fast

Banned

Try here to check the VIN yourself.

http://www.cpic-cipc.ca/English/sear...t=Begin+Search

Doesn't take much for those indicators to pop out and dangle on the fairings.

Are you sure they didn't steal the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator as well??
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post

Handy link - thanks.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

when he is out clubbing, break into his apartment and look for more clues/crimes.
    JUST RIDE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post

why would anyone want to give to po po there comp ip

Quote Originally Posted by sub4 View Post
    when he is out clubbing, break into his apartment and look for more clues/crimes.
    +1^^ lol
    2005 ZX6R-current-fast

This dude should be a f'n P.I lol

Cuff him and interrogate him. Bonus points for an "Is it safe?" scene
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Cuff him and interrogate him.
    I couldn't resist...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPgFnRdTcKE

+1

Cuff him and interrogate him. Bonus points for an "Is it safe?" scene
    2002 Suzuki SV650S

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    I meant THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ4sTEvx2Bk
    Last edited by FiReSTaRT; 06-02-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

That was the first thing that came to my mind... haha.. That other guy definitely didn't care a lot about anything being safe.. lol

Wow you guys watch wayyyy to much CSI...besides who would steal a POS rashed up bike...if you know anyone who would let me know, mines worth more stolen

**** get a life already