Kids ride 2-up - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids ride 2-up

Re: Kids ride 2-up

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    I'm in.

Me: Age 30. 2up experience: ummm tons? lol

Her: Age 10. 2up experience: she's been on my bike three times. She's a good rider. I'm sure she'd love a group ride with other kids

I'm open to the route. Nothing over 2 hours probably, my R6 back seat ain't very comfy.

-Jamie M.

Is that your girlfriend?? Ok sorry, i had too
    carry on!!

Quote Originally Posted by ts View Post
    Is that your girlfriend?? Ok sorry, i had too
    carry on!!
    lol. nice It's my friends daughter. She wanted to come for a ride for her birthday, and she got a lil addicted

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

well i got a helmet for my son( whifys helmet fits him very well) x-s now i just need to go check out a jacket n gloves for him..... so lets set up a date and do this..

For those interested, I've an HJC in extra small (black) that was my son's when he was 8. It's still in very good condition with a few scratches on it. But on the upside, it has his race numbers on it and may be worth a fortune in the future! I think I have both the clear and tinted visor which is great for riding into the sun.
    PM me and make an offer and its yours. I'd sell his Aria but he's using it as a back up in case he crashes in his #1 helmet.
    Cheers

Tonto
    Many thanks to my kid's sponsors: MOTOZEN Racing, Bickle Racing, JD Trailer Sales, GPBikes, Johnny Andro of GUNN's Physical FX Studio,CSV Graphics, Z1 cycletech, Chinatown Optical, ImpactArmor, MPHD Ltd, The Morton Foundation, Kevin Zhang, Sam Nawaz, Donovan Paige, Les Booth and race coach extraordinaire/ voice of reason; John Bickle!

I have a daughter who's 11 and I'd love to take her on a group ride with other kids. I'm in the east end so a day at Cobourg beach would be great with us. We went on a ride last year to Port Perry with some other parents/kids and they all had a great time at the park there.
    Nothing puts a smile on my face like watching her do the 'peace sign' to other riders
    Closer to the middle/end of June is good with us or anytime in August.

Late July or August works for me.My co-pilot is 9 and she will be on a Concours14.2 up certified.
    It has to be on Sunday or Saturday pm.....she's training every Saturday till 1:30 pm.
    If you need some help with route planning please let me know...I'll be glad to help,just PM me and we'll hook up for a java.
    Last edited by Koval_68; 06-05-2010 at 01:28 AM.
    "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every
    man's greed." ~~ Mohandas Ghandi
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

'09 Concours 14 The Ultimate Transcontinental Cruise Missile

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    lol. nice It's my friends daughter. She wanted to come for a ride for her birthday, and she got a lil addicted

-Jamie M.
    She is probably addicted to a point that she will get a bike when she's old enough
    Ride:
    2010 Suzuki SV650SA White (Current)
    2009 Ninja 250r Black (2009 - 2010)
    License:
    GM (2010-07-07)

Quote Originally Posted by adamwest View Post
    sounds like a great idea. my boy is just turned 6 and asking to jump on. ya. he's the fearless like his daddy. but i've a litre bike, so not sure about that. maybe. in short spurts. thanks for input about the falling asleep because that sounds like a danger to avoid for sure.
    Check this out:http://www.childridingbelt.com/
    I have one,and always strap my kids when going for a longer ride.

My 7 year old son and I do the Newcastle to Cobourg ride all the time. He fits in his mother XXS HJC helmet. We usually take HWy 2 back to Newcastle. I need to find a jacket for him. So far I can only find tourmaster stuff that will fit him.

Count me in
    HIS - 2006 CBR 1000RR
    HERS - 2004 CBR 600RR
    Project 2: "Full Electric 6500W Super pocket Bike" Fried conroller, replacment OTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Koval_68 View Post
    Check this out:http://www.childridingbelt.com/
    I have one,and always strap my kids when going for a longer ride.
    how much the cost theres no price on he site???

Quote Originally Posted by dardania View Post
    For price and availability I would call or e-mail:
    Ken and Katherine MacDonald
    519-845-0239
    ontariochildridingbelt@yahoo.ca

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Info from Toysareforboys is correct.It was priced in a 100 Canadian range about 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ts View Post
    I would love to take my nephew (he's eight) on the back of my bike (SV650)...depending if my sister would allow it...but isn't there a age limit now??
    this sounds fun for the young ones..hope my sis will let me take my little nephew.where can you get those passenger belts/straps???

Im down for this, 12 year old son on a Bandit 1250.

Quote Originally Posted by jooce View Post
    this sounds fun for the young ones..hope my sis will let me take my little nephew.where can you get those passenger belts/straps???
    Read previous replies,all info is there.

i went to a bike shop today asked the owner where can i find the bellt for kids he said i personaly would never use it as safe as they are the can be more dangerous he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also he told me if ur son is not old enough to be on a bike dont put him on forget the belt..... kinda makes sence... i will still take him out at k.c soon!!!

i went to a bike shop today asked the owner where can i find the bellt for kids he said i personaly would never use it as safe as they are the can be more dangerous he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also he told me if ur son is not old enough to be on a bike dont put him on forget the belt..... kinda makes sence... i will still take him out at k.c soon!!!
    +1 - I sort of have to agree - if the kid needs this to stay on they might not be ready. Also, in the event of an accident you're doing the kid no favours being strapped to you. Develop some hand signals and have him/her do the same (I need a break/pee, tired, etc...)
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

...also he told me if ur son is not old enough to be on a bike dont put him on forget the belt..... kinda makes sence... i will still take him out at k.c soon!!!
    I use 'Love Handles' with my son. I'm sorry but I disagree with that store person. My son's arms are short, I mean face it, he's nine. To have them wrapped around me for extended periods is tiring for him and he can't do it after awhile. With the belt I wear, he simply hangs onto the handles and he's good to go. I've even snuck up on him (when he was using them on the cruiser with my fiance) and tried to pull him off suddenly. Didn't work, he hung on like a champ

I'll keep an eye on this thread and if things are close enough, we'll try to make it out. I had my son out on my CBR today...he loved it (said it's more fun than the cruiser! ).

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx13 View Post
    I had my son out on my CBR today...he loved it (said it's more fun than the cruiser! ).
    Same thing with the girl that I took on my bike. She said she loved the R6. Her dad's friend invited her out for a ride. When she seen his bike she went "ewwww. what's that?"

lol... Harley Didn't go for a ride "that doesn't look like fun, it's got a back rest..."

That's the way girl

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Ask him if he's ok selling 600 and 1000 ss bikes to young males, or selling icon gear or selling sidi boots. Bikes are dangerous period, he should sell the business and buy a Volvo dealership.

As your kids parent you decide what you think is a risk to your child not some random dudes opinion from a bike shop.

As far as belts go, another option is Royal sell an affordable belt for $15.