Kids ride 2-up

Thread: Kids ride 2-up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Kids ride 2-up

Quote Originally Posted by ts View Post
    I would love to take my nephew (he's eight) on the back of my bike (SV650)...depending if my sister would allow it...but isn't there a age limit now??
    this sounds fun for the young ones..hope my sis will let me take my little nephew.where can you get those passenger belts/straps???

Quote Originally Posted by jooce View Post
    this sounds fun for the young ones..hope my sis will let me take my little nephew.where can you get those passenger belts/straps???
    Read previous replies,all info is there.
    "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every
    man's greed." ~~ Mohandas Ghandi
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

'09 Concours 14 The Ultimate Transcontinental Cruise Missile

i went to a bike shop today asked the owner where can i find the bellt for kids he said i personaly would never use it as safe as they are the can be more dangerous he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also he told me if ur son is not old enough to be on a bike dont put him on forget the belt..... kinda makes sence... i will still take him out at k.c soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dardania View Post
    i went to a bike shop today asked the owner where can i find the bellt for kids he said i personaly would never use it as safe as they are the can be more dangerous he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also he told me if ur son is not old enough to be on a bike dont put him on forget the belt..... kinda makes sence... i will still take him out at k.c soon!!!
    +1 - I sort of have to agree - if the kid needs this to stay on they might not be ready. Also, in the event of an accident you're doing the kid no favours being strapped to you. Develop some hand signals and have him/her do the same (I need a break/pee, tired, etc...)
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

...also he told me if ur son is not old enough to be on a bike dont put him on forget the belt..... kinda makes sence... i will still take him out at k.c soon!!!
    I use 'Love Handles' with my son. I'm sorry but I disagree with that store person. My son's arms are short, I mean face it, he's nine. To have them wrapped around me for extended periods is tiring for him and he can't do it after awhile. With the belt I wear, he simply hangs onto the handles and he's good to go. I've even snuck up on him (when he was using them on the cruiser with my fiance) and tried to pull him off suddenly. Didn't work, he hung on like a champ

I'll keep an eye on this thread and if things are close enough, we'll try to make it out. I had my son out on my CBR today...he loved it (said it's more fun than the cruiser! ).

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx13 View Post
    I had my son out on my CBR today...he loved it (said it's more fun than the cruiser! ).
    Same thing with the girl that I took on my bike. She said she loved the R6. Her dad's friend invited her out for a ride. When she seen his bike she went "ewwww. what's that?"

lol... Harley Didn't go for a ride "that doesn't look like fun, it's got a back rest..."

That's the way girl

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Ask him if he's ok selling 600 and 1000 ss bikes to young males, or selling icon gear or selling sidi boots. Bikes are dangerous period, he should sell the business and buy a Volvo dealership.

As your kids parent you decide what you think is a risk to your child not some random dudes opinion from a bike shop.

As far as belts go, another option is Royal sell an affordable belt for $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    Ask him if he's ok selling 600 and 1000 ss bikes to young males, or selling icon gear or selling sidi boots. Bikes are dangerous period, he should sell the business and buy a Volvo dealership.

As your kids parent you decide what you think is a risk to your child not some random dudes opinion from a bike shop.

As far as belts go, another option is Royal sell an affordable belt for $15.

wheres this royal place can u gie me the adress.. 15 is not much i'll get it an try it but i would not wanna spend 200 and then say damn its crap

so just came in from a ride with my son very 1-st time for him on the road... he did very well he held on me all the time didnt move at all bottom like i am happy it went very well we ended up goin to kennedy commons and back ....soo set up a date we will be ready for a group ride..

wheres this royal place can u gie me the adress.. 15 is not much i'll get it an try it but i would not wanna spend 200 and then say damn its crap
    Look here for the info.on Royal Distributing. Cheers.
    http://www.royaldistributing.com/mai...d=46&Itemid=61
    "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every
    man's greed." ~~ Mohandas Ghandi
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

'09 Concours 14 The Ultimate Transcontinental Cruise Missile

You may want to call GP bikes as well and see if they have any pillion belts. They may be closer to you as they are in Ajax.

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

I bought a riding belt on Kijijji for $75.00 it has a strap that goes around you and then a strap for the kid plus should straps that go over top of them. It buckles on the back of them so they can't get the straps undone. There is also a handle for them to hold onto. It gives you a lot more confidence that they are not going anywhere without you going too. I have a 7 and 5 year old and they both love going on the back of the bike for rides. With this on I can ride without the fear of them falling off.

Any rides planned for this year?
    Flat black '08 DL650A

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. View Post
    Any rides planned for this year?
    Wow I just took a look at the photos on page 5, my boy grew alot in 9 months. Taller than me(no big surprise there) he probably has another 20 pounds added on, i might need a sidecar or a gold wing to 2 up with him this year!!

Def if he's interested i'm game for some kids rides when it gets a little warmer.

same here when weather get much better i will take him out
    scarborough rides.............