Kids ride 2-up

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids ride 2-up

Kids ride 2-up

10.00 am

Saturday 24th July, weather dependant.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...7&postcount=84
    Last edited by Jayv; 07-21-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Re: Kids ride 2-up

I would love to take my nephew (he's eight) on the back of my bike (SV650)...depending if my sister would allow it...but isn't there a age limit now??

No age limit Trina.

As long as the kids can reach the footpegs with their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    No age limit Trina.

As long as the kids can reach the footpegs with their feet.

Ohh ok thanks J...I thought it was a new law or one they were trying to bring into play...

I'll mention it to my sister, it may take me until July to convience her to let him go..lol

Helena Jaznek Liberal MPP put forth a private members bill to ban kids under 16 years of age from being a motorcycle passenger. She got spanked on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ts View Post
    Ohh ok thanks J...I thought it was a new law or one they were trying to bring into play...

I'll mention it to my sister, it may take me until July to convience her to let him go..lol
    Bad Example

I'd be in with my son but that's a bit too far from Hamilton for us. The little twerp was actually lulled to sleep on the back of the bike last year (when he was tired to start with)... Scared the crap outta me!
    I don't like to take him too far on the bike now in case he gets tired...

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

I ride with my 8 year old son on my 05 sv650s decked in icon helmet and bike jackets with knox protection instead of stock and also gloves.
    I started with rides fromt he beaches up to mussleman lake for ice cream and he did fine legs a little sore but got used to it and last week rode for 4 and half hours with no problems with him.
    Just bought him his own scala2 headset so we can talk and also warn of upcoming objects or bumps instead of yelling or hitting his legs.
    My son has ADD and does fine on the bike climbs on himself after i get on and knows to hold on and not let go.

sounds like a great idea. my boy is just turned 6 and asking to jump on. ya. he's the fearless like his daddy. but i've a litre bike, so not sure about that. maybe. in short spurts. thanks for input about the falling asleep because that sounds like a danger to avoid for sure.
    Street: 1994 Honda CBR 900RR Fireblade, black/charcoal
    Track: 2004 GSX-R 600 red/white/purple #27

my son is 6 and id love to take him out hes been on the bike around the block he holds on so tight if i go for a long ride hes gonna hurt me lol.. anyway where could i find a helmet jacket gloves etc.. for kids???

Great idea Jay... Like the East idea along the lakeshore to Cobourg. My dilemma - 2 sons, and both will want to go! (12 and 15) However the biggest challenge will be getting my wife to agree to it. The have been around the block and on a main street for a short ride, but never on the 401 or DVP. I ride an FZ1. Will have to outfit them too.
    Last edited by STARSHIP; 06-01-2010 at 05:53 PM.
    Ride Safe.....

http://www.motowhere.com/

2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Faster Silver) -SOLD

Looking for a Ducati Monster, BMW R1200R or 2008 Gen 2 FZ1

PM if you have one for sale.

I'd be in if my kid's not at a camp. 11 y/o or 13 y/o. ZX-6R

An idea is to do a ride that starts early enough to get to breakfast at Haugens / Port Perry. The beach sounds like a nice idea but I can barely carry any beach stuff esp if 2-up.
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

I might or might not be in depending if I can find a kid

Quote Originally Posted by dardania View Post
    ...anyway where could i find a helmet jacket gloves etc.. for kids???
    I found a Zox helmet for my son (mind you, he was eight and yours is six, you may have a harder time)...it was nice and small so it fit him quite well. As for jacket and gloves, I went with x-small women's gear...black, white and grey jacket, black gloves.
    Last edited by Nyx13; 06-02-2010 at 09:50 AM.

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

my son is 6 and id love to take him out hes been on the bike around the block he holds on so tight if i go for a long ride hes gonna hurt me lol.. anyway where could i find a helmet jacket gloves etc.. for kids???
    So I got home from work today and took him around the parking lot. Nothing past the 10km. Mostly jogging speed. hahaha! Imagine me on the clutch and brake of my Fireblade. haha. Anyhow, he's actually a brave guy. I have to tell him to hold on and sit down, and stop trying to lean over and see the way in front.
    Street: 1994 Honda CBR 900RR Fireblade, black/charcoal
    Track: 2004 GSX-R 600 red/white/purple #27

Try Royal...I know my nephew got all his dirt bike gear from there....

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx13 View Post
    I found a Zox helmet for my son (mind you, he was eight and yours is six, you may have a harder time)...it was nice and small so it fit him quite well. As for jacket and gloves, I went with x-small women's gear...black, white and grey jacket, black gloves.
    yes he is 6 but hes very tall most of ppl think he is 7 or even 8...he loves the bike sits down and dont move i hav to find a helmet hopefully someone has it for sale but yeah u guys should definately post a date for this ride n lets have some funn with the future riders lol

Great idea....I will discuss it with my husband. Chance are my daughter would come with me age 12 and my son would go along with my husband 14. Although I will have to check with the kids because they seem to have more on their plate then I do. I look forward to future updates.

Great idea Jay...We would be up for this. Busa and 12 year old son. The furthest he has gone was Guelph to Bolton (RFS bike wash lol).
    .................If you are gonna ride my *ss, at least pull my hair..
    SMILE. It's the second best thing you can do with your lips KNOW YOUR LIMIT, RIDE WITHIN IT......please no more R.I.P
    RIDE SAFE ALL,
    Smiles...Kari
    02' GSX600F, 05' Hayabusa
    SPONSOR ME......... http://www.runforthecure.com/site/TR...nal&fr_id=1094

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=900740584

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ind...cancitieson_en

Keep posting up, the more the merrier.

Seeing some of the kids ages listed here it might be wise to shorten up the ride distance.

I am lucky with my son that all i need is to use his Nintendo DS as bait. I'm fairly confident i could get him to ride 1000kms in a day

I'm in.

Me: Age 30. 2up experience: ummm tons? lol

Her: Age 10. 2up experience: she's been on my bike three times. She's a good rider. I'm sure she'd love a group ride with other kids

I'm open to the route. Nothing over 2 hours probably, my R6 back seat ain't very comfy.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...