New Noise Regulations. - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noise Regulations.

Re: New Noise Regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by insert View Post
    i hate the smell of cigarettes when i walk behind someone smoking on the street. its bad for my health to breath the smoke in. solution: i dont walk behind someone smoking.

if you dont like it, ride behind/beside someone else. dont whine for legislation against it.

just my $0.02
    Living in Hamilton, and being familiar with the local knuckle-draggin' ear-bleeding Harley's and the occasional screaming supersport that frequents the tim-hortons hangout - being in the middle of many apartments and condos within ear-shot in the downtown core.. it's kind of hard to lift up a building like that, and move i'd think. I'd sure as heck hate to live in one of them. Not all have a choice of where they live, or for the disruptive elements that may disturb their activities of daily living and sleep. For some, moving may simply not be an option.

All kidding aside in my earlier post.. potential legislation like this does not surprise me in the least. It's simply the by-product of people that are unable to moderate the loud-handle with aftermarket exhausts.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair

What would be the point of testing a V-Twin at 2000 RPMS when nobody rides mostly at that RPM?

My neighbours air conditioner makes a ******** of noise that keeps me awake at night. Stopping excess noise isn't a problem for me. I think the limits you're looking at are reasonable, they don't seem draconian.

Sadly there are some people who like to make their rides as noisy as possible...if you thought that wasn't going to piss anyone off I think this might be the wakeup call.

And honestly, stop with the police state crap. It just shows that you have no clue as to what a police state really is.

So how do I know if my yosh slip-on passes this stupid noise test? Does anyone know what the db level is for this exhaust? The noise on my exhaust has literally saved me a couple of times already. This is so dumb.
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R in Metallic Diablo Black - Yoshimura slip-on, HID 6000k, OEM seat cowl, Shogun frame sliders, wheeltape, Progrip tank pad

Wow!!!

Ever tried the new Sun Chips, there new bags are compostable.. Loud as all hell.. crazy loud..

They are breaking the law! man... dont carry em, po po will bust ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyKqj3H02D8

Upwards of 100 db..

Nice!

If the limits are as low as LowRider suspects, you wil likely see bone stock R6's and GSXR 600/750's failing the test. (06 and newer)

In England, many tracks test like this and won't allow R6's and GSXR's on their trackdays even with stock exhaust as they are too loud from the factory.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

I just found this from another forum by co-incidence.
    http://www.dirtwerkz.com/Pages/produ...t/dB_Dawg.html
    The OP on that forum was looking for a silencer, cause he finds his exhaust is too loud. Seems like a nice little silencer to pack into your trunk if you happen to get in trouble with the po po...

Every Manufacturer has a specified db level made public.
    Check the web page. You should be able to find it.
    There is a large data base with db levels of different bikes with different pipes on it.
    I just have to talk to my source.

I have emailed him. Hope he gets back to me soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ckoolmike View Post
    So how do I know if my yosh slip-on passes this stupid noise test? Does anyone know what the db level is for this exhaust? The noise on my exhaust has literally saved me a couple of times already. This is so dumb.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    This is still hear say evidence at this point, but my sources are pretty reliable.
    And some of my facts may be a bit out.
    In order for people to believe what you are saying is somewhat true and not some made up BS, you need to explain what those "sources" are. Otherwise it's all bs, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Warrior View Post
    In order for people to believe what you are saying is somewhat true and not some made up BS, you need to explain what those "sources" are. Otherwise it's all bs, in my opinion.
    +1
    I say unrealistic, unless ALL motorists will be targeted!

Quote Originally Posted by N3WMAN View Post
    Why don't they just outlaw having fun. It would be easier that way.
    Because you can tax fun and then fine people who have too much fun.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

I don't care if you guy don't think this is real. You'll see it this fall.
    SAE J2825. Is the regulation they'll be using. It's a manufacturers reg.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Stock bikes will not fail. Manufacturers have to pass a drive by test, this is far too complicated for road side compliance testing. How J2825 was written was they asked manufacturers for samples of bikes and did extensive stationary testing, plotting the db vs rpm on a graph and setting stationary limits. Also allowing the +2db for exhausts that have the epa stamp on them to ensure that stock bikes that passed the drive by test and are epa approved but were just on the border of the set limit do not fail the j2825 test.
    I have a copy of the test here and would be happy to share it. I could bring it along to meet at some point for those interested in reading it.
    You can't fix stupid

If this becomes law, it would not surprise me in the least! I think it might be time to sell the bike, this along with the street racing law it's it worth it anymore. I'm a responsible rider but once in awhile when conditions are right I like to twist the throttle..........
    Look, lean, believe!

Not going to worry about anything until I need to.

BTW, if I set off car alarms when I drive by them, do you think I have a chance of passing?

Yes, I'm a fag.

I dunno what the DB level is of a stock HD roadking.
    Other than Toronto Police switching over to BMW's, HD's still seem to be the mainstay of police, for example the OPP/ OPP Golden Helmets.
    It would be interesting to note if the mufflers on police motorcycles are stock, or are they aftermarket (ie. screaming eagle) to increase hp.
    Got Torque?

I'm surprised at the number of "time to sell my bike" posts. There was a great article in one of the mags recently about this. It was about the pleasures of riding a bike slowly..about how not everything needs to be fast. It's the same with noise...why does noise have to be part of the pleasure?

Funny how in countries in Europe, often with more draconian laws than here, people just get on with riding instead of moaning all the time about how not being able to speed and not being able to be obnoxiously loud is taking away the "fun".

I have fun every time I get on my bike, even if I'm stuck in traffic its a damn sight better than being stuck in traffic in a car.

Maybe if you bought a bike to speed or to be loud then selling your bike might be the best option. Me, I just like to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    I'm surprised at the number of "time to sell my bike" posts. There was a great article in one of the mags recently about this. It was about the pleasures of riding a bike slowly..about how not everything needs to be fast. It's the same with noise...why does noise have to be part of the pleasure?

Funny how in countries in Europe, often with more draconian laws than here, people just get on with riding instead of moaning all the time about how not being able to speed and not being able to be obnoxiously loud is taking away the "fun".

I have fun every time I get on my bike, even if I'm stuck in traffic its a damn sight better than being stuck in traffic in a car.

Maybe if you bought a bike to speed or to be loud then selling your bike might be the best option. Me, I just like to ride.
    +1!

I have a loud *** pipe though. (was on the bike when I got it.) Anyone got a stock zx-7 system laying around???
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post

That is how I personally feel, didn't tell everyone to sell their bike! If we had a lot of twisty roads here riding a sport bike at the speed limit would be possible. Most, not all people who buy a sport bike like to ride a little faster then the norm or they would most likely have bought a cruiser. To each their own.
    Look, lean, believe!

I've had a variety of after market exhausts on my bikes for 30 years. But if this legislation is real and if it gets enforced and results in a lessening of my windows rattling and my teeth vibrating when a herd of v-twins goes by my house, I can support it.

The exhaust loudness situation has gotten out of hand. When long time motorcycle enthusiasts are reacting to the extremely loud exhausts can you imagine what the general public thinks?
    2010 BMW S1000RR