May TwoFour Cayuga Track Day Video

Thread: May TwoFour Cayuga Track Day Video

Banned

Talking May TwoFour Cayuga Track Day Video

Enjoy...I certainly did!

My first track vid but my 4th track day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-C40-YCiKA
    Last edited by alaywa; 05-30-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Re: May TwoFour Cayuga Track Day Video

Theres the non Mobile youtube link...

eta * sweet video, enjoyed metric more than that 1st tune, needs more engine sounds tho. loved the closing clip of the rear tire/sprocket going across the grass.
    what cameras were you using? go pros or countour hds?
    Last edited by ScoTTY88; 05-30-2010 at 11:27 AM.

nevermind, already covered ^^

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTY88 View Post

Theres the non Mobile youtube link...

eta * sweet video, enjoyed metric more than that 1st tune, needs more engine sounds tho. loved the closing clip of the rear tire/sprocket going across the grass.
    what cameras were you using? go pros or countour hds?
    Using GoPro HD

And thanks for noticing the run-off bit...I tried to sync it with the lyrics "more and more...is it ever gonna be enough, is it ever gonna be enough"...as in the insatiable appetite to push the limits up until the point of pushing too hard.

Sorry about the first tune....I'm an old-ish school (early to mid 90s) rap fan (Wu, Mobb Deep, Nas, etc)

Nice vid and good editing. I need to edit my vids too and add some tunes, no editing software though. What group were you in?

Quote Originally Posted by alaywa View Post
    Using GoPro HD

And thanks for noticing the run-off bit...I tried to sync it with the lyrics "more and more...is it ever gonna be enough, is it ever gonna be enough"...as in the insatiable appetite to push the limits up until the point of pushing too hard.

Sorry about the first tune....I'm an old-ish school (early to mid 90s) rap fan (Wu, Mobb Deep, Nas, etc)
    Oh the song is good, just didn't feel it suited the theme of the video. Shoulda thrown in some Ghostface Killah or RZA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jia View Post
    Nice vid and good editing. I need to edit my vids too and add some tunes, no editing software though. What group were you in?
    I was in "hot shoe", but had a bit of a slow start in the morning breaking in my new rear.

After lunch I was running low 1:21s and low 1:22s

I thought I could crack into the 1:19s but I was making mistakes (that I was later better able to see once I got a hold of my buddy's footage when he trailed me), and I ran off twice pushing trying to make up time on hard braking.

The vids better help me study my lines to a new degree, and also see where my buddy made up time on me and where I made time on him.

My next goal is 1:18s, and after I give some other tracks a try I may consider going +3 on the rear sprocket to get better drive in Cayuga and get clean into 4th gear at the end of the straight. I think I'm losing time on that aspect as well.

Sorry for the rambling...I'm just hyped.

Oh what day were you there? I dont' seem to recognize the bike, but not sure what it is from the video, CBR600RR?. I was shooting a lot of pics in hotshoe group the day I was there (Sunday) but can't seem to find ya. Congrats on the time btw.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jia View Post
    Oh what day were you there? I dont' seem to recognize the bike, but not sure what it is from the video, CBR600RR?. I was shooting a lot of pics in hotshoe group the day I was there (Sunday) but can't seem to find ya. Congrats on the time btw.
    I was there Monday with ZX10 R....see below...

What your riding? Street or track?
    Last edited by alaywa; 06-30-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Oh yea I wasn't there Monday so I wouldn't have seen you unless you were there Sunday too. I was in beginner group until the last session where I moved to Intermediate. I was on a blue 02 R6, that day I still had the stock fairings on.

I've never ridden Cayuga. What's it like in comparison to Shanny?
    "I no like ride street becaz of all d fackin ideeot"
    Valentino Rossi - Faster

Smaller track. Would say the road surface is better (no patches). You definitely don't get a rest (turn, turn, turn, turn) compared to (Shanny) long track - it's a fun track.
    Opinions are like motorcycles; we all have one, some are just better than others

So its like Nelson.....
    "I no like ride street becaz of all d fackin ideeot"
    Valentino Rossi - Faster

Well, it has two long straightaways, and you can actually get beyond 4th gear, unlike Nelson. The tight part of Cayuga is like Shannonville except the corners are closer together. The main straightaway is about the same as the back straight at Shannonville (other than Nelson). The second one is a little shorter but you come onto it a bit faster. Bumpiness/crappiness factor is about the same.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: May TwoFour Cayuga Track Day Video

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzorman1 View Post
    I've never ridden Cayuga. What's it like in comparison to Shanny?
    I have never ridden anything other than Cayuga in Canada, primarily because I need a short ride to the track as I often just ride my street bike there, tape it up, and rip it. So I can't afford to get tired on a long ride there and back.

This year I'll hitch up my car and give my wife plenty of notice and give the other tracks a try....can't wait to try Caboogie (or whatever it's called).

As for Cayuga its a technical tight track with the longest straight only being 600m and a back straight (400m) immediately after the main straight, interupted by an approx 100 degree turn. The rest of the track is pretty much 2nd gear. Also at the end of the straight I have trouble getting into 4th....basically I run out of track, only able to poke into 4th then right back down into 2nd for the 2st corner. If the straight was a proper 800 to 1000m a 1L bike would dominate the 600s. But for the most part 600s are dead even if not better suited for Cayuga.

I ride a ZX10R so I have issues with a sluggish second gear or a peaky 1st gear in a bunch of turns there, especially in getting drive out of the last corner and onto the main straight. I have noticed Cayuga better suits a 600cc R with 3 to 5 up on the back sprocket. They just seem to fly out of the corners right in the meaty power band of second gear.

There are only 2 turns I find entry into a little bit bumpy (well 1 bump). Turn 2 can be avoided with a good line, turn 6 is not my fave....its slow and a little bumpy. The rest is very clean and tidy with some nice little bits like a quick chicane, and a nice change over from one quick turn to another where u get that light suspension feeling as you flick the bike over from one side to the next. The last turn though is kind of dangerous with noooooo run off, just some hack stacks and then a wall!!! Everywhere else has plenty of great run off.
    Last edited by alaywa; 06-01-2010 at 08:29 PM.

I did my second track day at TMP, so take my comments for what they are...but I loved it compared to the Fabi long track at Shannonville....the reason for this is that I am on a new (well for me) bike and the Fabi track day was my first and trying to learn the bike (97 GSXR 750) on a technical track like Fabi was a handful...mess up one turn and I was done for 2 others....I also found the surface of TMP better....had a great day but again am a bigger so my thoughts\comments might be out to lunch.....

Did run off on TMP, right at the first long right hander, but had a great time and increased my smoothness considerably by days end....

BUT I will say that both events (Pro6 and CVMG-Vintage) were run wonderfully and everyone that I asked for help/advise was willing to take the time and actually cared....so wonderful experiences....

Banned

Lightbulb Re: May TwoFour Cayuga Track Day Video

Oh by the way, Cayuga is heavily right turn biased and there are only 2 left handers, so be careful on the colder side of your tire when getting on the gas. Your tire will show dramatically more wear on the right side by the end of your day.

Oh by the way, Cayuga is heavily right turn biased and there are only 2 left handers, so be careful on the colder side of your tire when getting on the gas. Your tire will show dramatically more wear on the right side by the end of your day.
    Found this out the hard way....had the rear end slip out twice on these left handers....especially the second longer one....gave me the hebby jebbies the first time it happened...

Banned

Question Re: May TwoFour Cayuga Track Day Video

It might be worth running a counter clockwise Cayuga day to get more life out of the tire, and pick up some left side cornering skills, but the end of the straight running the opposite direction must be near suicide if you over cook the turn!! What do they do on those days to make it safe?

It might be worth running a counter clockwise Cayuga day to get more life out of the tire, and pick up some left side cornering skills...
    Or just ride Shannnville long... 5 lefts in a row. Should help blow the cobwebs off of that skill (turning left)... lol!