adventure in the usa and canada

Thread: adventure in the usa and canada

adventure in the usa and canada

been reading the adventures of amanda and will, thought i would share the link.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507203

Will started a year long trip around the usa and canada last fall, his gf/wife joined him not long after he got started (they were supposed to start together but they didn't).

I'd do that if i didn't have obligations of house/pets/etc freedom living.
    x

Re: adventure in the usa and canada

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post

Will started a year long trip around the usa and canada last fall, his gf/wife joined him not long after he got started (they were supposed to start together but they didn't).

I think the majority of us would do things like that if we could afford to - time/financially etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    My neurosurgeon said "If I had 9 lives, I've used up 8"... when I showed up to one of my post accident follow up appointments on my new bike, he looked at it out the window and said "Remember, what I told you about your 9 lives? ... that'll use up the last one!"

Its really freedom living

but you know stars like them can afford it, can common man like you and me afford it?

I am not rich enough, and yes, I also have a family to support. But I am sure, it must be fun

Quote Originally Posted by h.embass View Post
    Its really freedom living

but you know stars like them can afford it, can common man like you and me afford it?

I am not rich enough, and yes, I also have a family to support. But I am sure, it must be fun
    ADVrider is full of threads of the "common man" taking extraodinary rides. The question isn't how rich a person is, it's how much they can do without when they ride for months across a continent. Also, not having any responsibilities (like having a wife and kids) helps greatly.

I enjoy reading the threads and living vicariously through them but I wouldn't give up my hot wife and two great kids for any of those trips.

Oomis - "It's a brilliant character bike. It won't be the fastest bike on the street, nor the lightest, nor the best handling, but with pipes it'll sound like God's coming to dinner and he doesn't like what's on the table."

Hot wife eh? You know as soon as you say that some jackass is gonna come along and demand pics. *ahem* pics!

I agree though, there was another thread I read a while back about these dudes who bought $500 bikes (or cheaper) and just aimed to take the things as far as they would carry them (and then a little further).

Definitely gotta do this when Im through with uni and before starting a career.

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    Hot wife eh? You know as soon as you say that some jackass is gonna come along and demand pics. *ahem* pics!

I agree though, there was another thread I read a while back about these dudes who bought $500 bikes (or cheaper) and just aimed to take the things as far as they would carry them (and then a little further).

Definitely gotta do this when Im through with uni and before starting a career.
    LOL, as soon as I read the first three words I knew I was in trouble. Look me up on Flikr for the pics 'cuz I'm not going to add anything to your spank bank here

The $500 bike thread was great even though the pics were subpar. Their ability to diagnose and repair all their issues on the fly made for a great story that is still being read almost 3 years later.

Oomis - "It's a brilliant character bike. It won't be the fastest bike on the street, nor the lightest, nor the best handling, but with pipes it'll sound like God's coming to dinner and he doesn't like what's on the table."

Built into my contract is a 3 months sabbatical after 6 years. My partner and I have already decided that when it comes up we are being on the road for the entire time. Add to that my 1 month vacation each year and we can do a real get away from it all vacation.

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by homme de fer View Post
    The $500 bike thread was great even though the pics were subpar. Their ability to diagnose and repair all their issues on the fly made for a great story that is still being read almost 3 years later.
    Link to $500 bikes story?
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Quote Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
    Built into my contract is a 3 months sabbatical after 6 years. My partner and I have already decided that when it comes up we are being on the road for the entire time. Add to that my 1 month vacation each year and we can do a real get away from it all vacation.
    Wow, 1 month every year! Dude, where I worked it was a 1 month sabbatical every 3 years ... never mind vacation

Quote Originally Posted by unL33T View Post
    Link to $500 bikes story?
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...+united+states

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post

Sad part is you can do that CG, but just don't want it bad enough.

In the late 80's my wife and I quite our jobs and sold our house to packback through Europe for a while. We met so many people who said the same thing as you "I'd love to do that but I have (insert self imposed millstone here)"

Sell the house, have the pets put down and your good to go.
    ride - if you want to

Hee hee the $500 coast-coast bike tour was epic. Wait until you get to the part in Arizona or New Mexico where they tear a motor apart and fix a leaky valve seal with toothpaste
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

Thanks. So far it's a great story.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.