Oil on roads

Thread: Oil on roads

Oil on roads

I was running some errands today in Richmond Hill and riding along Bathurst, Yonge, Major Mackenzie, Elgin Mills, and Leslie, as well as in several parking lots, I noticed a lot of motor oil spills. There are always some (especially at traffic lights/stop signs) but today I just kept seeing them over and over and over again. I managed to avoid most of them but rode through two of them. Be careful!

Re: Oil on roads

Since you saw it mostly at stops and intersections, isn't it likely water from the a/c condensors that drips to the ground and puddles when the car stops? I'd still go around it, but I bet it's water.

Quote Originally Posted by palmpalm View Post
    I was running some errands today in Richmond Hill and riding along Bathurst, Yonge, Major Mackenzie, Elgin Mills, and Leslie, as well as in several parking lots, I noticed a lot of motor oil spills. There are always some (especially at traffic lights/stop signs) but today I just kept seeing them over and over and over again. I managed to avoid most of them but rode through two of them. Be careful!
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

Re: Oil on roads

Quote Originally Posted by funrider View Post
    Since you saw it mostly at stops and intersections, isn't it likely water from the a/c condensors that drips to the ground and puddles when the car stops? I'd still go around it, but I bet it's water.

I didn't see "it" mostly as stops and intersections. You misread what I wrote. Also, I am aware of the difference between motor oil and water and this was motor oil.