Red security light flashing. 08 R6

Thread: Red security light flashing. 08 R6

Red security light flashing. 08 R6

I left my bike parked unattended last night for about an hour. While I was walking back to my bike I noticed a bright red LED flashing and I'm like WTF, don't remember having a red LED on my bike???

When I got to it the red security light on the tach was flashing. I put the key in and turned it to on but the fuel pump didn't prime. I had to click the kill switch off and back on and then I heard it prime and it started right up.

WTF?? Should I be checking my ignition wiring to see if someone tried to hot wire it???

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Re: Red security light flashing. 08 R6

i thought it always blinked when the bike was turned off?

I might be totally retarded, but I don't think so?? It's super bright, I figured I woulda seen it before. I could see it blinking from 300m away!

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Does the bike look like it was tipped over at all?
    james
    07 Harley Sportster

GEAR - some people ride with it, some people don't. It's time to accept this fact and move onto more pressing preaching.

HID's - your crappy install is blinding and annoying everyone else - not to mention putting yourself in some degree of danger.

Can we make a category called, "My skills suck, lemme tell you why.." forum?

Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    Does the bike look like it was tipped over at all?
    I just went out and had a look. Nope. I just installed all my new bodywork on the left and the right side was always perfect, and not a mark on anything, bar ends, clutch levers, mirrors, exhaust, etc.

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

On the 2006 R6 the red security light is always flashing .. You probably just never noticed it before ..

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

05 and up with chipped keys.
    Tells you it's workin.
    Fuel pump not activating......dunno bout that one.

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !

i had an 07 r6... saw the same thing one night. when you read the manual it will tell you that the light blinks for 24 hours after the key has been taken out. after that it'll shut down.
    2008 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2009 Triumph Street Triple
    2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
    2004 Yamaha YZ-125
    2002 Yamaha TTR-225
    2001 Yamaha TTR-125L

I find it hard to believe that he never noticed the light until now, he's had this bike, I think, for over a year. Maybe it never worked until that night?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

i have an 05 R6 ,
    it's the Immobilizer , do u have a red key that came with the bike .. it's nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by toybm View Post
    I find it hard to believe that he never noticed the light until now, he's had this bike, I think, for over a year. Maybe it never worked until that night?
    Yeah, that's what has me puzzled.

I checked, it definitely flashes all the time when the bike is off now. The mofo is damn bright and lights up the front brake fluid reservoir like a christmas tree. Next to impossible that I had never noticed it until now.

Funny thing though, the morning of the day I noticed it, I had accidentally grabbed the red key (trunk key) and tried to start the bike with it. Maybe the light was never working until I tripped the security thing by using the wrong key.

Oh well, blinks lots now. Good to know it's supposed to do that

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

The newer Yami's '05 + have an immobilizer system. This is the flashing "security" system. The light does flash for 24 hours and than shuts off so as to not drain the battery. Led's are very directional in there beam. It is possible that you have never came to your bike at that exact angle before ?? Now that red key is not a trunk key. It's the master programing key for your bike. This key programs your black keys and any replacement black keys that you may need when you lose them. Do not lose this key it is not replacable unless you want to spend $1800 and replace the entire immobilizer system. You should always use the black keys when operating your bike. The red Key can change the codes and render your black keys useless, so be careful and make sure they work and put your red key somewhere safe until you decide to sell your bike and give it to the new owner.

Oh and there is no way to bypass the immobilzer system on your bike it can not be done as your ECU needs the rolling codes in your key. No codes..no start.

To summerize...your bike is fine..just ride it !!
    You May Wheelie Me Down The Road....But I'll Stuff Ya In That Corner Every Time.......

R.A.C.E. AM #16
    S.O.A.R. Nov #16

www.puretrackdays.com

A big thanks to my sponsors: Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd., Brooklin Cycle Racing, Pure Trackdays Inc., Z1 Cycletech, Bickle Racing, Hindle Exhaust Systems, Armour Bodies, Accelerated Technologies., Don Butt Autobody, North American Decal.

Flashing Red light = too much posing, not enough riding........

BTW, did you see the idiot sticking out his leg on HWY 7 last night Jamie?

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    BTW, did you see the idiot sticking out his leg on HWY 7 last night Jamie?
    I did, was wondering WTF?!? lol.

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^