Anyone heard of Suzuki Slingshot 250

Thread: Anyone heard of Suzuki Slingshot 250

Anyone heard of Suzuki Slingshot 250

hey folks,

brand new rider here and I am purchasing a 1993 Suzuki Slingshot 250 or GSF250.

it is imported from japan but is also the same as the Bandit 250 model.

this is about as much as i know, i cant seem to find anything online, except parts. no information on the bike, reviews etc.

has anyone ever had personal experiences with this bike or a bandit 250

basically contemplating if this is going to be a smart purchase (certified, new chain, sprocket, tires etc., 20k km)

heres a pic

thanks for any help

Re: Anyone heard of Suzuki Slingshot 250

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ205752337

If you made the purchase already, congrats. If you have not, then there are a few things to consider. Since this a Japanese Import or Grey Market Bike (as they are known), then parts may be difficult to get. Which means, if you have to find parts, you might likely have to find them overseas. This could be expensive with shipping, but the bigger issue is the time it takes to arrive.

Worst Case scenario, you buy the bike, you need a part and it takes a couple months to arrive....The season is so short. I might be interested in this bike, if I had another more reliable bike to ride regularly.

It's pretty much a Bandit so parts should be there. For what I know they were good handling bikes with lots of power (for a 250) but had some carb and gear issues. Probably not as reliable as Ninja 250 but could be more fun, considering 50% more HP. I wouldn't pay more than $1,500 for that bike.
    For $2,200 you can find a much newer Ninja 500.

Check what that "lowered seat" thing means. Probably shaved foam. That could be uncomfortable.

1999 Magna VF750C
    2001 SV650S
    1997 CBR900RR sold
    2005 ZZR-250 sold

I would ask around about who brought it in. If it came from a company called Nuak, well, their reputation is questionable (see here: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=117017).

I'd be inclined to stay away from it. That's in part because I wouldn't want to point someone new to a vehicle that might be a pain in the butt to get roadworthy. Ideally for a first bike you want something that does the job, that you can learn on comfortably, will be reliable and won't give you issues, and that you can resell a short time period later for relatively the same amount. That's just my criteria, but I'm not sure this bike fits it.