Tim Hortons drive thru policy...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tim Hortons drive thru policy...

Thumbs up Tim Hortons drive thru policy...

Hi all,
    I went to a Tim Hortons in Brampton on my Motorcycle with my girlfriend and they refused to give me coffee at drive thru. I dont think it was appropriate. Has any one had same experience as of me? Saying that I did got coffee at other location in Mississauga at Drive Thru Tim Hortons on Motorcycle. I am not sure what their drive thru policy is.

Re: Tim Hortons drive thru policy...

Did you ask what their reason was for refusing you?

Did that on or bikes 25 years ago in California or our bicycles and they served us.
    Ride Safe.....

http://www.motowhere.com/

2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Faster Silver) -SOLD

Looking for a Ducati Monster, BMW R1200R or 2008 Gen 2 FZ1

PM if you have one for sale.

My friend and I pulled a prank back in high school where I activated the sensor at the speaker box, then I would pretended to drive up to the booth. But, instead I made a turn towards the parking lot and my friend got out of the car and walked up to the booth. I will always remember the expression on the girls face. However, she still served the coffee we ordered. That being said, I dont think they have a drive-thru policy. I could be wrong ....

Triple triple for me if you're going again.
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600 - Current
    2000 Suzuki SV650S - Sold

Gear: Icon Lucky Lid helmet, Icon Accelerant white leather jacket, Icon Super Duty black gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    Did that on or bikes 25 years ago in California or our bicycles and they served us.
    Thay had a Time Hortons in Cali 25 years ago?
    Just messin with ya.

I know Rotten Ronnie's here in Markham won't serve ya late at night if your not in a car. Last summer, I was passing by and helped a couple of kids get food in my car cause they wouldn't serve them. I don't see what the problem is.

Yeah lots of places do that, I'm guessing to reduce the walk-thru robberies lol.

Though I figure if someone wants to rob a place, can do it just as easily from a car as you can walking up to the window.

maybe they didnt want the liability of a biker spilling hot coffee on themselves? but then again, you have those big bikes with the cupholders, so that doesnt really make sense.

Moderator Moderator TheGradyTrain's Avatar

When I had my Goldwing - cup holder equipped. Never had any problem with Tim Hortons drive-thru's. Should send a complaint to Corporate head office and see what their reaction to the complaint is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGradyTrain View Post
    When I had my Goldwing - cup holder equipped. Never had any problem with Tim Hortons drive-thru's. Should send a complaint to Corporate head office and see what their reaction to the complaint is.
    Your Goldwing probably has more features than a standard car, no suprise there that they serve you everytime.
    Night Rod Special

I worked at Tim Hortons for 5 years and at first we weren't allowed to serve anyone that wasn't in a car, then it turned to we serve anyone with a valid license plate, then it was half the managers saying no and half saying yes, I always served them whether I got in **** or not :P

i go through burger king every wednesday. a few times i did not 'trip' the senor, so i just pull up to the window
    2005 Kawasaki ZX636 *Awesome-O*
    2002 Gsx-R 600 track bike w/750 goodies *Angry bird*
    2000 Gsx-R Alstare. *Star* SOLD
    2007 Honda Civic Si *Brooke*
    2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDi *no name yet*

I am still learning - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl997 View Post
    I worked at Tim Hortons for 5 years and at first we weren't allowed to serve anyone that wasn't in a car, then it turned to we serve anyone with a valid license plate, then it was half the managers saying no and half saying yes, I always served them whether I got in **** or not :P
    What was the reason though for not serving anyone not in a car?

I told the girl at drive thru that I had coffee at drive thru bfr also, she said that her supervisor told her not to give any coffee or food to any one on bike and motorcycle. I have a cup holder in my bike and moreover I was not riding alone. I went to Tim Hortons website and I cannot find any specific drive thru rules written also. I think I will call their corporate head office and ask them about this.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks_rinks View Post
    I told the girl at drive thru that I had coffee at drive thru bfr also, she said that her supervisor told her not to give any coffee or food to any one on bike and motorcycle. I have a cup holder in my bike and moreover I was not riding alone. I went to Tim Hortons website and I cannot find any specific drive thru rules written also. I think I will call their corporate head office and ask them about this.
    I would suspect it's just a legality (read: the stella award) issue. IE if you ride off, and hte coffee spills (cupholder or not), and you burn yourself, it probably can be spun to say that they never should've given you a coffee.
    james
    07 Harley Sportster

GEAR - some people ride with it, some people don't. It's time to accept this fact and move onto more pressing preaching.

HID's - your crappy install is blinding and annoying everyone else - not to mention putting yourself in some degree of danger.

Can we make a category called, "My skills suck, lemme tell you why.." forum?

I'd be curious to know which Tim Hortons in Brampton? I worked at tim horton's for 4 years in Brampton. I would have no clue as to why they wouldn't serve you though.

Please let me know

Two words..

POWER TRIP!

and obviously you dealt with a *****..

Get real!

i know that mcdonalds wont serve you if you walk up on foot because of security issues...tried it in high school once because it was a 24h drive thu and they denied us, makes no sense that after 12am if you dont have a car mcdonalds wont serve you.

how the hell would you have ridden off with your coffees without dropping it or your girlfriend? be reasonable and use your common sense.

there's a reason why m/c's don't have cupholders

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman13 View Post
    What was the reason though for not serving anyone not in a car?
    Because its a DRIVE-through.... not a walk through. if you're walking, use the door.

if someone was standing by the DT window and a car came around the corner...
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

There are options for cup holders in the year of 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Declan Gunn View Post
    how the hell would you have ridden off with your coffees without dropping it or your girlfriend? be reasonable and use your common sense.

there's a reason why m/c's don't have cupholders
    what are you talking about? see the below.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks_rinks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGradyTrain View Post

one you can retrofit to most bikes
    http://www.gpscity.ca/ram-mount-cup-...ake-mount.html

x