QEW/427 Motorcycle Crash - Flew Off the Ramp - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QEW/427 Motorcycle Crash - Flew Off the Ramp

Re: QEW/427 Motorcycle Crash - Flew Off the Ramp

Indeed it is was too close to home....

The rider was on a ducati and I just let him pass shortly after Dixie Road. He wasn't going very fast when he passed me. I feared the worse when I saw a couple chunks of Debris flew above the bridge, that's the exact moment he disappeared into the curve from the on ramp (I was in my car east bound on QEW, and about 100 meters from the overpass).

I am not sure how these media outlets are doing their job. As far as I can tell, the Dcuati was the only bike got on the 427 North bound ramp.

Hope the rider will pull through.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaddy View Post
    http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...at-qew-hwy-427

That's a little too close to home, on a number of fronts.
    Last edited by BlueVFR; 05-20-2010 at 10:06 PM.

that is beyond messed up.i know its not hard to forget what speed you are going but always take things at a pace you can handle dont over do it. hope the rider(s) are ok.

wow, the sad thing is that this is only the beginning of the season, ride safe everyone

Quote Originally Posted by BlueVFR View Post

I am not sure how these media outlets are doing their job. As far as I can tell, the Dcuati was the only bike got on the 427 North bound ramp.

Hope the rider will pull through.
    yeah, they kept saying two bikes racing etc..

anyway, hope rider is ok

GTA-M. Your best bang for the entertainment buck.
    What feels better than banking a motorcycle over into a corner?

The media should be held accountable for their false and fabricated stories. The problem is the general public read these headlines and automatically associate anyone who rides a motorcycle as a speed racer looking to die. That's crazy that they are allowed to get away this.....
    Look, lean, believe!

I like how the original articles all had to include the fact that the motorcycles were "travelling at a high rate of speed". What does that even mean? Any vehicle on a ramp between one highway and another will be travelling at a high rate of speed.

Do they mean to imply they were travelling at an unsafe, inappropriate, or illegal rate of speed? What is that based on? When cars get in accidents, they usually mention speed only when it's been confirmed that speed was a factor in the collision.

--- D

Quote Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
    I like how the original articles all had to include the fact that the motorcycles were "travelling at a high rate of speed". What does that even mean? Any vehicle on a ramp between one highway and another will be travelling at a high rate of speed.

Do they mean to imply they were travelling at an unsafe, inappropriate, or illegal rate of speed? What is that based on? When cars get in accidents, they usually mention speed only when it's been confirmed that speed was a factor in the collision.

--- D
    It's usually a pretty safe assumption to say he was speeding, although this doesn't seem to be the case here. There are so many irresponsible riders on the road racing in and out of cars, that the first reports will always be that they were speeding.

I ride like a retard too sometimes, but fully assume responsibility for any consequences of my actions.

Sad that this dude was obeying the law and just going to work, and now who knows what his future holds
    My Rides
    2004 ZX10
    73 Cutlas with louvres & rusty Cragars
    1999 Mexican biting cow
    Red wagon
    Nike shox

I've been thinking about this...

Last year, around this time, and at almost exact same spot, some bearded hick tried to run me of the road... pure mental case.
    I did absolutely nothing to annoy him or whatever, was actually very calm with my riding; out of nowhere this mid-90s red/burgundy corvette goes for me, I had to pull some MissionImposible moves to get out of his way. Then he sticks his arm out the window and tries to hit me, like multiple times... I could have snapped his hairy arm of, kicked the snot out of his hickmobile shytebox... I figured his life is miserable enough, just rode of... but now I hope he didn't strike again... man, that would be messed up, and I would feel guilty for not reporting it...

In any case, I hope rider makes full and speedy recovery. GWS.

Get well soon...
    Keep your head on a swivel!!

my thoughts and prayers with the rider for a speedy recovery
    oo
    <a href=http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24363&dateline=1252035708 target=_blank>http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ine=1252035708</a>

Took that ramp for 3 year going to Humber every day. Watched 2 different people crash on it in their cars, still haven't figured out why/how they managed it.

Hope they are out riding again soon.

Anyone remember a similar accident a few years ago? sometime around 2002-2004 when a motorcyclist flew off that same ramp?

any updates on the riders status???