Imported bikes from Nuak international - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Imported bikes from Nuak international

Re: Imported bikes from Nuak international

I'm the guy who posted that ad and I just signed up to ***** at you know-it-alls. Do you people actually think you know my situation. I don't think so. I have been riding for over 15 years and probably know more about bikes and wrenching then most of you. I must thank syphen for sticking up for me, someone who actually knows me and my situation. The bike is not actually for sale for those of you who aren't smart enough to figure that out. Flashmonkey, you sound like an assmonkey you fag. Everything you guys have suggested I have already tried so thanks for nothing. Upul wouldn't let me ride the bike and I have proof that he covered everything up and disguised the bikes problems the best he could. I was aware of some of the problems but obviously not all of them. B400 what do you know. I have already tried all these things so do you have any other suggestions genius. Any one who wants to talk directly to me my email is aballer@rogers.com. Lets here what you have to say.
    Not a good way to intro yourself to a forum. Flashmonkey already retracted what he said so why bash the guy?? It will not get you anywhere here if you truly are looking for help. You are right...non of us know the true story except for you and Syphen but you can get some good advice if you hold your cool.

Hold my cool. Listen to the way you people talk behind peoples backs. Unlike most people on this forum I have balls and will say anything to your face. Any one of you could have contacted me through my ad but instead you have to come and ***** on your forum where you think I won't see. Anyone who has something to say contact me and I'll set you straight.
    Last edited by aballer1979; 05-30-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Uh... I'm the one who copy/pasted part of your ad. Before doing that, I was also the one who sent you an email saying you should join the site and share your story here. You never did so and you never replied to my email either.

I just checked my email inbox and spam and have recieved no such email with your suggestion. Wish I knew what you were talking about because it is hard to reply to an email that you never recieved.

To everyone else I am not implying that nuak is crooked I am stating a fact. Anyone who own's or has looked at his bikes will probably agree.

Anyone who own's or has looked at his bikes will probably agree.
    Now what gives you the right to assume after you slammed everyone else for it? I bought 1987 CBR250R last year and I was extremely satisfied with the purchase.

I guess your one of the lucky ones.

Quote Originally Posted by akabek View Post
    Now what gives you the right to assume after you slammed everyone else for it? I bought 1987 CBR250R last year and I was extremely satisfied with the purchase.
    I'd have to say your lucky. My bike from Upul @ Nuak had a hole in the carbs. An epoxy repair attempt was made by Upul or his mechanic. After I picked up the bike, I was unaware of this problem. Fuel eventually ate away at the epoxy creating multiple pinholes.

Carbs as seen from outside:

The hole:

Once the holes developed in the epoxy, the bike was loosing vacuum pressure on cylinder #1, idle was hunting and I had fueling issues (vacuum operated petcock diaphragm is given vacuum from cylinder #1).

I was disappointed at the time, but the bike was bought as a toy - not a primary bike. I ended up dealing with Upul's wife when I went to see him about the carb hole. He ended up driving one of his motorcycles into a parked woman's vehicle in the lot and damaged the side pretty good. His wife was curteous and much better to deal with then Upul. They let me choose a bike and pull the carbs off in a trade. So I spent a bit looking over all the bikes before finally choosing one in good shape. The set I have now have performed great but I was not happy about the cover-up job on the first set. I certainly made sure that Upul knew how I felt at the time.

The bike came to me safetied, cert but the tires were shot. I kept them and can take pics if people want to see. I didn't mind though because the kenda tires Upul uses are terrible. Another friend of mine bought a CBR250RR from him with the kenda tires. They will loose grip even when warm, not the mention he uses 130 cross section tire when the specs call for a 140 on these MC22's.

A local honda motorcycle dealership owner that I personally know, looked into importing CBR250's as a step up from CBR125's after he and his mechanic had worked on mine for carb cleaning & adjustment. They were very impressed by the bike. He even visted Upul's showroom a couple times only to say that he simply would NEVER sell a motorcycle in the condition that Nuak was selling his bikes in - especially not a safetied/certified one.

Overall, Upul is a business man. Not a motorcycle mechanic. He is out to make money for himself with as little overhead as possible.

Oh, and I LOVE my little bike.

2001 CBR600F4i
    1992 CBR250RR

How would the carbs get holes there? Looks more like varnish than epoxy to me.

aballer if Nuak didn't allow you to test ride the bike, then a bunch of red flags must have gone off. Why didn't you walk away? With a used bike there's no way of ensuring that there are other hidden issues, but putting stickers over large cracks, that's just fraud.

If two riders have had major issues with Nuak I'd really be cautious. If he does not allow you to test ride it, then how can you ensure the transmission is Ok, or engine under load?

aballer please don't slander other posters, as it'll only get you banned, your posts deleted. Youcan express yourself strongly without slander.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBoy View Post
    aballer if Nuak didn't allow you to test ride the bike, then a bunch of red flags must have gone off. Why didn't you walk away? With a used bike there's no way of ensuring that there are other hidden issues, but putting stickers over large cracks, that's just fraud.

If two riders have had major issues with Nuak I'd really be cautious. If he does not allow you to test ride it, then how can you ensure the transmission is Ok, or engine under load?

aballer please don't slander other posters, as it'll only get you banned, your posts deleted. Youcan express yourself strongly without slander.
    In all fairness no intelligent person would let another person test ride a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    In all fairness no intelligent person would let another person test ride a bike.
    We are talking about a dealership here - not a private sale. A dealership should be insured and allow you to test ride a bike if you are a serious buyer. Aballer's situation sucks and I feel that Upul did mis-represent the bike and try to cover things up.

Upul wouldn't let me test ride mine when I got it. There was an asian fellow with very poor english at the shop who said he was from Japan. He was a mechanic who worked for the exporter in Japan and was in Canada to repair as many bikes as possible for a week. He told me away from Upul that the bike I was buying had a good transmission. I was a little naïve and took his word. Luckly, he wasn't lying.

2001 CBR600F4i
    1992 CBR250RR

TorontoBoy I agree with you. I believe you can get your point across without slander but you must understand my being a little upset after finding posts calling me an idiot. I am far from an idiot. And yes when I was unable to ride the bike the flags did go off but he told me that he had problems with his neighbours calling the police on him so he could only arrange to take it to a parking lot. It's a long story but the whole thing is shady. I never even saw a showroom or any other bikes just the specific ones we had talked about. This all seemed weird to me considering I had been on his web site and saw that at one time he had a showroom. He had some lame excuse for this also. Bottom line is that I didn't walk away because I had given him a down payment and I had been wait for the bike for at least 5 months. I figured that if it was certified, needed some cosmetic work, and a carb. adjust that I could work with it. Little did I know the extent of the damage and work required.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    Ok, then how about a 2 up so the purchaser can see if the damn thing actually shifts? You need to prove a bike works, as we see here people often lie.

Quote Originally Posted by aballer1979 View Post
    TorontoBoy I agree with you. I believe you can get your point across without slander but you must understand my being a little upset after finding posts calling me an idiot. I am far from an idiot. And yes when I was unable to ride the bike the flags did go off but he told me that he had problems with his neighbours calling the police on him so he could only arrange to take it to a parking lot. It's a long story but the whole thing is shady. I never even saw a showroom or any other bikes just the specific ones we had talked about. This all seemed weird to me considering I had been on his web site and saw that at one time he had a showroom. He had some lame excuse for this also. Bottom line is that I didn't walk away because I had given him a down payment and I had been wait for the bike for at least 5 months. I figured that if it was certified, needed some cosmetic work, and a carb. adjust that I could work with it. Little did I know the extent of the damage and work required.
    I feel for you, I do. Remember you're on the internet and people say stuff that they would not normally say to someone. Disrespecting people is common, so don't get too hung up on it.

Does Nuak have a used vehicle license? I hope you follow all avenues to prosecute him for this fraud. Did you contact the Ministry of Transportation? BTW a safety certificate is almost meaningless. It certifies, if done correctly, that the vehicle meets a minimum standard, which is way below what any rider would expect. I guess you know that now. Thanks for posting your POV.

BTW you should try to post your Ad on something more permanent than a Kijiji ad, because they expire. A permanent posting that is indexed on Google would be more appropriate.

TorontoBoy thanks for the advise. I have contacted the MTO, OMVIC and UCDA. They are all involved and are helping me with my situation. I didn't want to take it this far but Upul (the owner of Nuak) refuses to take any responsibility. So at this point I will be doing whatever it takes. I am actually thinking of creating my own website and calling it Nuak International Sucks. That way it will pop up when people search for the Nuak website. I plan on posting my story along with pics, email and other proof that I have of Nuak's knowledge of my problems and refusal to do anything. Hopefully Upul will catch wind and realize that it is in his best interest to fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by aballer1979 View Post
    I'm the guy who posted that ad and I just signed up to ***** at you know-it-alls. Do you people actually think you know my situation. I don't think so. I have been riding for over 15 years and probably know more about bikes and wrenching then most of you. I must thank syphen for sticking up for me, someone who actually knows me and my situation. The bike is not actually for sale for those of you who aren't smart enough to figure that out. Everything you guys have suggested I have already tried so thanks for nothing. Upul wouldn't let me ride the bike and I have proof that he covered everything up and disguised the bikes problems the best he could. I was aware of some of the problems but obviously not all of them. B400 what do you know. I have already tried all these things so do you have any other suggestions genius. Any one who wants to talk directly to me my email is aballer@rogers.com. Lets here what you have to say.
    Welcome.

As I said to Syphen, I've taken back that idiot comment, but let's be real here...if that was your true intention then you should've mentioned it in your post. Posting an asinine price, assuming people would get the hint, then coming on here to confront the internet after encountering a backlash that should've been expected isn't the greatest way to do this.

I appreciate what you're trying to do with that ad, and I'm sorry for your luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
    Posting an asinine price, assuming people would get the hint, [...] isn't the greatest way to do this.
    Agreed. It's not uncommon to see ads on Kijiji that list a price for a bike that is maybe worth half the money. Given the experience with Kijiji, there is no being "smart enough" that would allow one to decipher the true intention of this ad.
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

Flashmonkey - Who do you think you are call me an idiot when you don't know me or my situation. Just so you know I have had many people email me that knew exactly why the ad was posted without me having to explain. They thanked me for warning them and saving them the hassel of dealing with Nuak. So I guess not everyone didn't "get the hint". Anyway I have been dealing with this for almost 2 months now and seeing your comments dosen't help me in any way. You probably didn't expect me to find and read them though did ya.
    Last edited by aballer1979; 05-30-2010 at 11:14 PM.

I've change the ad to read $8000 to make it more obvious. Also I wrote in at the bottom that the ad is intended to be a warning.