Imported bikes from Nuak international - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Imported bikes from Nuak international

Re: Imported bikes from Nuak international

thanks for the input and suggestions guys but, I do like this bike. Like I said, if some can point me out to a local dealer that can fix and sell JDM parts.

If anyone can also show me the link to the internet sites they have been using to buy their parts.

thank you,

www.ebay.com

www.cmsnl.com

No where locally to get parts for JDM market bikes, unless the part crosses over with a bike that was sold here (check bike bandit part diagrams or look in ebay ads to see if a bike that was sold here is mentioned in the part listing).

As for who will work on them? Most independant shops will if you bring in the parts. Dealerships wont touch them because they wont have the repair manuals for them. You should REALLY be prepared to work on most of the stuff yourself though. Otherwise you are going to be spending a ton of money on repairs. If you need to take it to a shop for every minor thing, it will add up. Im not saying the bike will be unrideable 90% of the time, but most old bikes need constant tweaking and adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by gotburned View Post
    thanks for the input and suggestions guys but, I do like this bike. Like I said, if some can point me out to a local dealer that can fix and sell JDM parts.

If anyone can also show me the link to the internet sites they have been using to buy their parts.

thank you,

Any good motorcycle shop will work on them. I know for a fact that Barrie Honda Powerhouse has worked on several CBR250's over the last couple years and are very familiar with them. The parts guy Craig is a good guy and will try to find stuff for you. I do most of the work on my MC22 myself, its not really hard but waiting for parts to be shipped from Australia sucks (Call up Honda dealers in Australia, they speak english and the bike was sold there from Honda until '97 - they can all get parts).

I just spent the evening polishing the float valve seats because I had a bit of a leaker. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have to be mechanically inclined to buy one of these bikes. If you are, they will give you 10x the satisfaction versus a new Ninja 250R.

Since I have owned mine - couple years now - I've replaced a lot of stuff slowly but surely:

Steering stem bearings
    Fork seals, dust covers
    Chain, sprockets
    Spark plugs
    Air filter
    tires
    Wheel bearings
    Cush drive
    Cleaned the carbs numerous times - I can get them off really quick now
    Gas tank cleaned out and lined
    Gas tank repainted - looks great!
    brake pads -ebc hh
    brake rotors - ebc pro-lites
    levers - pazzo

Its just a never ending money pit.. it only makes 45hp but I love it so much more then my F4i.

I'm going to build this bike into a bar in my next house!

2001 CBR600F4i
    1992 CBR250RR

Quote Originally Posted by gotburned View Post

thank you,
    http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?action=forum

Here are some places I dealt with for gray market bike parts:

http://redline-ci.com/GreyMarket/GreyMarket.htm

http://www.windbell.ca/nparts.html

Nuak can also get you parts:

http://nuakjdm.ca/Parts.aspx

I took plunged and decided to get my first import today. 1993 suzuki slingshot (very similar to bandits 400). 24 000. Bought it tuned for the season!! Now, I need to take some rusts off for my m2 exit late in June..

thanks for the many, helpful inputs boys and girls.. will post pics soon...

Check out this ad for a CBR-250 someone bought from Nuak International
    (I'll copy/paste it here just incase the ad goes down):

1992 Honda CBR 250rr - I bought this bike at NUAK INTERNATIONAL in april. This has been a piece of crap sense day one. It came certified and I was told it needed a slight carburator adjustment. So far I have:
    - replaced the complete clutch assembly
    - replaced the wheel bearings
    - replaced front and rear tires
    - had carbs. syncronized and adjusted
    - removed dent from tank
    - repaired over 15 cracks in body work that were hidden under stickers
    - and much more extensive work done by me
    Most recently I checked the oil because the bike still ran like crap and noticed it had gas in it. I changed the oil and now the bike wont even start. Go Figure! It is in need of major motor work (top end problems). So if your thinking of a CBR 250rr import or any other import motorcycle call me first and we can talk. (705) 689-0892 or mailto:aballer@rogers.com
    If you're lazy, here's the colesnotes:

"This has been a piece of crap sense day one"... granted, spelling mistake, but, you get it...

"This has been a piece of crap sense day one"... granted, spelling mistake, but, you get it...
    Well if the bike was a piece of crap from day one than why did he buy it?? The purchaser must have already known the tires were cracked after 18 years being on the bike, I am sure all the cracks and dents were not hidden and if it ran like crap from the get go than that was a given. If you are going to buy a 18 year old bike than you better look it over really well and get a second set of eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by akabek View Post
    Well if the bike was a piece of crap from day one than why did he buy it?? The purchaser must have already known the tires were cracked after 18 years being on the bike, I am sure all the cracks and dents were not hidden and if it ran like crap from the get go than that was a given. If you are going to buy a 18 year old bike than you better look it over really well and get a second set of eyes.
    My guess is he saw it was certified and thought that meant it was safe.

I can't find where the owner said the tires were cracked, do you know something we don't? And if the tires were cracked, what's Nuak doing certifying these bikes and telling people who don't know better that the bikes are good and ready? Sounds pretty irresponsible to me.

I can't find where the owner said the tires were cracked, do you know something we don't? And if the tires were cracked, what's Nuak doing certifying these bikes and telling people who don't know better that the bikes are good and ready? Sounds pretty irresponsible to me.

Typically these bikes have been sitting around for years so the tires are old and dried out. He did not actually say they were cracked but when I bought my CBR250 from Nuak they were cracked. The bike was also certified but I replaced the tired within two weeks of getting the bike.

My point is that a lot of the stuff he pointed out should have been known prior to the purchase. If you are going to buy a bike and you are not mechanically inclined than bring someone that is. If the bike is 18 years old you better be ready to get your hands dirty. Everything needs maintenance even if it has been sitting in storage for years.

umm FYI: nuak's certify is taking a piece of paper to get it signed by a friend. bike never really gets checked over.

a search will have turned up a bunch of info on this. every thread is just the same questions over and over again.

bottom line is: know your stuff or you're gonna be really disappointed.
    Last edited by DY; 05-29-2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: grammar
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DY View Post
    bottom line is: know your stuff or you're gonna be really disappointed.
    Like this guy: http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ207914435

Quote Originally Posted by toraider View Post
    LOL that idiot's asking $6000 for an 18 year old bike that "needs major work".

And he's implying that Nuak is crooked
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

That must have been a large sticker

Edit: I guess it was covered by the light..but still!
    Last edited by John_15; 05-28-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Lol at that ad. Welcome to Old Bike Syndrome (OBS). My bike wasn't even a grey market import and it still had all of those problems. If you want a NEW bike buy a NEW bike. Don't expect somethings that's 20 years old to be mint.

- replaced the complete clutch assembly
    ****** deal, but didn't you test it?

- replaced the wheel bearings
    Old bike, been sitting around, probably near salt water, yes of course you'll need bearings

- replaced front and rear tires
    Probably not required but I sure as hell would

- had carbs. syncronized and adjusted
    Obviously required

- removed dent from tank
    Not necessary.

- repaired over 15 cracks in body work that were hidden under stickers
    ******. But that's why you check stuff over before purchasing

Most recently I checked the oil because the bike still ran like crap and noticed it had gas in it. I changed the oil and now the bike wont even start. Go Figure! It is in need of major motor work (top end problems).
    LOL. Doubt it's major motor work (unless he drove it with gas in the oil). Petcock is probably shot and floading the float bowl and filling up the chambers... another reason why the first thing I do with a used bike is change the oil

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
    LOL that idiot's asking $6000 for an 18 year old bike that "needs major work".

And he's implying that Nuak is crooked

He is not an idiot. I know him personally - infact I talked to him for about an hour last monday about this exact topic.

He knows the bike isn't worth that much. The ad was more to show up when people search for Nuak or CBR250's on Kijiji, that they see it and realize what can happen when dealing with Upul. You have to be mechanically knowledgeable and familiar with bikes to avoid getting screwed in a deal with this guy. Right now that seller is dealing with OMVIC / MVDA to seek action against Upul & Nuak. There is a lot more to the story, so don't call someone an idiot if you don't know.
    Last edited by Syphen; 05-29-2010 at 12:54 PM.

2001 CBR600F4i
    1992 CBR250RR

Quote Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
    He is not an idiot. I know him personally - infact I talked to him for about an hour last monday about this exact topic.

He knows the bike isn't worth that much. The ad was more to show up when people search for Nuak or CBR250's on Kijiji, that they see it and realize what can happen when dealing with Upul. You have to be mechanically knowledgeable and familiar with bikes to avoid getting screwed in a deal with this guy. Right now that seller is dealing with OMVIC / MVDA to seek action against Upul & Nuak. There is a lot more to the story, so don't call someone an idiot if you don't know.
    Fair enough, and I will take that idiot comment back given this new information....but if that's what he intended that posting for...then he should've mentioned that IN the post. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only to look at that post, see the price, see the "complaint" list below, assume it was a serious attempt at selling a POS...and say "WTF is this idiot smoking?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

Let me know what you guys think of my ad.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ208115120

Quote Originally Posted by bushati View Post
    Let me know what you guys think of my ad.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ208115120

Ad looks good, its honest.. but like you said, the price is high. I know how much money people have put into these little bikes. I've put a LOT of money into my 250RR, so I know as well. The problem is: even fixed up, these bikes are really only worth $4000-4500. Once you put the price over $5000, these bikes aren't worth it any more.

For most people, they are looking for a sportbike with good performance. Younger people have a hard time with insurance rates on 600's which really affects their choice of bikes.
    The CBR250RR looks like a great deal because it is dirt cheap to insure for a young person and it accelerates in a way that the Ninja 250 or Hyosung 250 never could. (>25 year old with a bad record and paying only $700/year). At $5000+$700 for insurance, I'm paying almost $6000...

For $5000, someone could go and buy an old CBR600F2 or F3 ($2500-3000) AND pay the insurance on it. (>25 year old with bad record insurance rates are $2400/year).

Lets admit it, we live in a society where bigger = better. A run off from the V8 culture I guess. No little 4 banger "jap" car (250cc motorcycle) could ever beat a Muscle car (600cc or larger motorcycle), or so most people think. Thus, why pay $5000-6000 when you could get an old 600 or 750 for the same price.

Just my opinion. I love my CBR250RR but do agree they are a little pricey. I'll still throw money at mine because it gives me a grin, ear-to-ear that my 600 never gives me for casual rides through town or on tight twisties.
    Last edited by Syphen; 05-29-2010 at 03:22 PM.

2001 CBR600F4i
    1992 CBR250RR

I'm the guy who posted that ad and I just signed up to ***** at you know-it-alls. Do you people actually think you know my situation. I don't think so. I have been riding for over 15 years and probably know more about bikes and wrenching then most of you. I must thank syphen for sticking up for me, someone who actually knows me and my situation. The bike is not actually for sale for those of you who aren't smart enough to figure that out. Everything you guys have suggested I have already tried so thanks for nothing. Upul wouldn't let me ride the bike and I have proof that he covered everything up and disguised the bikes problems the best he could. I was aware of some of the problems but obviously not all of them. B400 what do you know. I have already tried all these things so do you have any other suggestions genius. Any one who wants to talk directly to me my email is aballer@rogers.com. Lets here what you have to say.
    Last edited by sircastic; 05-30-2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Removed insult