Imported bikes from Nuak international

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Imported bikes from Nuak international

Imported bikes from Nuak international

Just wondering if any of you guys have heard of them. They import bikes from japan, mostly japanese brand from 250 to 400cc naked and sport bikes which is great for insurance riders : )

For those who has experience with them or have brought in bike overseas, how hard is it to get parts locally?

the bikes are fairly priced but I wonder whether buying parts is the one thats going to cost me.

thanks,

Re: Imported bikes from Nuak international

The interwebs are your friend. You will likely be buying repair parts overseas. Service parts can likely be had at local dealers.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

contact psycho_biker. he got one from them.

Quote Originally Posted by klm1 View Post
    contact psycho_biker. he got one from them.
    thanks..

Buying parts for anything that wasn't officially sold here will be very expensive. You'll have to import from Japan or Europe in most cases.
    A lot of mechanic shops don't like working on imports either.

If you like older sport bikes, get an FZR400. It was sold in Canada for '88 and '89. There's still plenty around, fairly cheap. I would've bought one last year if the seller didn't f-up and disappear on the day I was supposed to pick it up.

1999 Magna VF750C
    2001 SV650S
    1997 CBR900RR sold
    2005 ZZR-250 sold

Last edited by zoomerthe1; 05-19-2010 at 10:03 AM.
    Got Torque?

I've checked out a bike there. Be cautious about those bikes. They look good on kijiji but are pretty beat up when you get there. Ask to see it cold and start it yourself. Don't for a second think that the odometer is correct. He'll try to convince you a 20 year old bike has 16000km. Also, they are not that well priced.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonPig View Post
    If you like older sport bikes, get an FZR400. It was sold in Canada for '88 and '89. There's still plenty around, fairly cheap. I would've bought one last year if the seller didn't f-up and disappear on the day I was supposed to pick it up.
    Where did you see plenty of them and fairly cheap?? I've been close to one in the last 6 months and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by thisischris View Post
    Also, they are not that well priced.
    Because if you do the math adding the auction buying prices in Japan, packing a container, shipping it here, duties and taxes ... it will just not get much cheaper than 3K ... and by that virtue, yes they are a bit pricey.

For the record, I bought a bike (not I4 sportbike ...) from him and it was in absolutely mint shape and very good deal. So no complains from me ...

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    Where did you see plenty of them and fairly cheap?? I've been close to one in the last 6 months and that's it.
    Depends of what you consider cheap. There are a few on kijiji going for $3000 and up. That may be expensive for a 20 year old bike; but there is a market for them.

Depends of what you consider cheap. There are a few on kijiji going for $3000 and up. That may be expensive for a 20 year old bike; but there is a market for them.
    20 year old bike with ~7000km is fishy. definitely not that legit.
    My Rides:
    2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
    Looking for a 125 or 250

The low kms on those Jap imports is because those bikes sit in dockyards at shipping warehouses for years and years, waiting to be exported from Japan. The alumnim oxidation from the sea salt moisture is very apparent on almost all of their bikes from sitting for yrs in dockyards.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

I bought a 1987 CBR250R for him last July. The bike was in mint condition with 1400KM on the speedo. I was questioning the mileage myself and when I took it in to get the tires replaced the mechanic was convinced the mileage was accurate. When I took it home I did a once over on it checking the filter, replacing the coolant and oil etc and the bike was very clean.

The bike was a lot of fun to ride and revving at 18K RPM put a grin on your face. Parts are available for these bikes. There are online companies you can order from but the downside is you will have to wait. With my bike it shared parts from other bikes that were sold in Canada so not all parts had to be brought in. You should be mechanically inclined or willing to learn because it will need some TLC. Overall I had a great experience with Nuak.

thanks for the many insights. this bike that im interested is actually from a private sale but I suspect that i was from there. He is selling it really cheap at 2500 with New chain
    Cleaned and synched the carbs, Rejetted the carbs, Full tune up, enough brakes, tires and fluids and New spark plugs. The guy had an apparent back injury that why he is selling.

I know you guys probably think im an idiot for not jumping on this but im being cautious as I dont know anything about parts availability and pricing.

Does any of you guys know a place in GTA that specializes in JDM bikes?

thanks

BTW the bike im talking about is a 1993 suzuki bandit 250 - slingshot??

Quote Originally Posted by gotburned View Post
    BTW the bike im talking about is a 1993 suzuki bandit 250 - slingshot??
    Why not just get a bandit 400? They were imported to canada from 91 - 93. Most parts are still available from bikebandit.com. But finding one thats not knackered might be a problem.

At $2500 you haven't got much to loose. Worst case you ride it for a season and don't like it. Put it up for sale. It's a nicer bike than any 93 Ninja 250....and look what 93 Ninja 250's sell for -$2000 or more, so you should be able to get most of your $ back out of it.
    The beginner bike market is a hotbed with quick and easy sales.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6

Quote Originally Posted by gotburned View Post

Does any of you guys know a place in GTA that specializes in JDM bikes?
    It's hard to survive in this market and all the cost incurred. I think they are all gone now ....

I'd give it a look if it's sub 3K to start with. You are right there's a couple on KJ right now. But when they start the ad "Rare collector", I usually don't bother continue reading ....

But he will probably sell it at the end to someone who races them and is not willing to put up with 600cc class of bikes (so doesn't really have many choices ...). So in a sense yes you are right, there's always someone who will bite at 3K and up price.

The older gray market bikes will have a selective set of buyers. Personally I would rather have a gray market 250 sport bike over a current Ninja but that is just my opinion. They have almost double the horse power and a high red line. I payed $3K for mine and sold it for $3K.

I'd just get a bandit 400 too. I had one, fun enough little bike. If you are set on a JDM bike get a nsr or similar