Belfountain ... be nice!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Belfountain ... be nice!

Belfountain ... be nice!

I had a conversation with the older folks who own the little "plaza" where the Shed coffee shop is today (the current popular spot to hang out in Belfountain).

They have just re-paved the south part of the parking lot, which had a lot of broken pavement before. If you are going there at any time in the foreseeable future, bring a puck for your sidestand - both for your bike's sake, and to make their new pavement last longer ...

Re: Belfountain ... be nice!

Thanks for the FYI....I go there once in a while, we shud meet sometime and go for a boot!

Awesome Brian.Perhaps we should cut up some plywood and take it up for folks to use.Anyone want to step up? I don't go up to the forks very often.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

I always carry a puck with me on my rides!!!! That and Plexsus

they also dont want you to park in the parking lot across the 'the shed'

Brian, you're the one to talk after hooliganing out in Port Credit

By the way guys, other than pucks, you can also use the lids from frozen concentrated juice cans. (learned that one from Lisa) They're more compact and will do the job.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Brian, you're the one to talk after hooliganing out in Port Credit

By the way guys, other than pucks, you can also use the lids from frozen concentrated juice cans. (learned that one from Lisa) They're more compact and will do the job.
    Also not only are they less expensive but you get juice too. and if you forget it, well... meh. I have like a dozen of them, just take the lid and put it in the dishwasher so it's not sticky.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    Also not only are they less expensive but you get juice too. and if you forget it, well... meh. I have like a dozen of them, just take the lid and put it in the dishwasher so it's not sticky.
    Dishwasher? How hard is it to quickly rinse it under the tap.

Re: Belfountain ... be nice! How about be gone!

HI Ya All,

Well I am a resident of Beautiful Belfountain and I want you to hear this side of the story. I will not slander anyone here and hopefully I am allowed to state my piece and not get kicked off.

Nice you had a converstation with the owners of the green building. There is One of Two people, the other being the operator of the Shed who make money while 300 other people in this Hamlet have to suffer with the noise and racing and the ugliness of 100 bikes or more pouring out of that tiny intersection that your crowed has brought here. Yes I know, its not all of you, but if you are not part of the solutiion then you are the problem.
    I called Belfountain a hamlet, know what a hamlet is. It is smaller than a village and that we have no services, like water, sewers sidewalks and lighting, and we dont miss these things. But even without the bikes this place can not support even the tourist that have been coming here for years. There is no parking and no washrooms, and no place to put them. Belfountain actually never should have been built, its just not a place that can support "Busy"
    Well I will tell you that the residents have had more than enough and a campaign is under way to have the Shed shut down.
    One resident last weekend could not do his gardening because of the bikes parked on his frontage, many people have to leave Belfountain because of the extream noise you and your people have infested us with.
    We can not stop you from riding here, but at least now we have a cop handing out 110.00 fines for straight pipes. Radar is being increased and the residents will be vigilent in calling the OPP more often.
    Just wanted you to know how upsetting this is.
    Be safe................. but do be gone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    I had a conversation with the older folks who own the little "plaza" where the Shed coffee shop is today (the current popular spot to hang out in Belfountain).

They have just re-paved the south part of the parking lot, which had a lot of broken pavement before. If you are going there at any time in the foreseeable future, bring a puck for your sidestand - both for your bike's sake, and to make their new pavement last longer ...

HI Ya All,

Well I am a resident of Beautiful Belfountain and I want you to hear this side of the story. I will not slander anyone here and hopefully I am allowed to state my piece and not get kicked off.

Nice you had a converstation with the owners of the green building. There is One of Two people, the other being the operator of the Shed who make money while 300 other people in this Hamlet have to suffer with the noise and racing and the ugliness of 100 bikes or more pouring out of that tiny intersection that your crowed has brought here. Yes I know, its not all of you, but if you are not part of the solutiion then you are the problem.
    I called Belfountain a hamlet, know what a hamlet is. It is smaller than a village and that we have no services, like water, sewers sidewalks and lighting, and we dont miss these things. But even without the bikes this place can not support even the tourist that have been coming here for years. There is no parking and no washrooms, and no place to put them. Belfountain actually never should have been built, its just not a place that can support "Busy"
    Well I will tell you that the residents have had more than enough and a campaign is under way to have the Shed shut down.
    One resident last weekend could not do his gardening because of the bikes parked on his frontage, many people have to leave Belfountain because of the extream noise you and your people have infested us with.
    We can not stop you from riding here, but at least now we have a cop handing out 110.00 fines for straight pipes. Radar is being increased and the residents will be vigilent in calling the OPP more often.

group ride to Belfountain!
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

While I avoid going to your hamlet, I can fully understandand your concerns about noise, and traffic, I am certain that bikes are not the only source of such. I would suggest that you work with the local council to close the roads to local traffic only on Weekends.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Quade View Post
    HI Ya All,

Isn't that the plot of South Park?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_F_W...8South_Park%29
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Well, I will admit I can empathize with your dilemma, but you won't get any sympathy from me. I used to live by the boardwalk in the Toronto beach area and the weekend and summer tourists created havoc with parking and traffic. So suck it up buttercup, the residents will need to figure out a way to make it work.

HI Ya All,

snip

But even without the bikes this place can not support even the tourist that have been coming here for years. There is no parking and no washrooms, and no place to put them. Belfountain actually never should have been built, its just not a place that can support "Busy"
    Bad Example

makes me think of a song..

And you can see them there,
    On Sunday morning
    They stand up and sing about
    what it's like up there
    They call it paradise
    I don't know why
    You call someplace paradise,
    kiss it goodbye

Eagles, Last Resort.

Bottom line, you built your hamlet on a very interesting stretch of riding road and along some beautiful scenery. For that reason, you can expect both tourists and riders. With that being said, I keep both the speed and the rpm's (noise) down when going through the hamlet. However, we have every right to use the roads that our tax dollars paid for as you, so you can't just tell us to stop coming. It might work in some gated communities in the U.S., but Canada's a free country, so suck it up buttercup and get a bike of your own
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

"Be safe................. but do be gone"

I see the residents' comments as just another example of self inflated, preconceived entitlement and a case of NIMBY. As a home owner, you have to do some research on where you decide to purchase. FOTC road is a public road and as such, the public is permitted to use it. While I empathize with the noise that straight pipes make and the valid concerns of hot dogs blasting through there at warp factor 9, you are also living in one of the more visited areas in the province. Just because you made the decision to purchase a home in the area does not give you the right to restrict access to the escarpment via publicly funded roads.

I live near Twyn Rivers and hear riders haulin' *** every day, but I also benefit from residing next to one of the more beautiful areas in the GTA...I'm willing to make the sacrifice without hollow threats of calling in law enforcement everytime a rider goes by that I don't like!

Population density, lack of picturesque areas near the GTA, lack of decent roads etc. are contributing to higher demands being put on existing areas. That is the nature of dynamic growth. Understand that provincial tax dollars are being used to keep the area in reasonable condition and that provincial tax payers are also entitled to repectfully use those roads accordingly.

Your rant against bikers is a veiled threat to the rights of riders who enjoy rolling through the hills of Caledon at a law abiding pace. Your position reeks of the witch hunts of Salem. Heaven forbid that a rider should go down as a result of an "accidental" gravel spill/oil spill/dropped box of nails...I'm sure that law enforcement would be much more interested in speaking to a resident who decides to exercise vigilante measures to "protect" public areas.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

'05 GSXR 600, IXIL S/S dual undertail exhaust, Gorilla alarm, Vortex sliders, Vortex levers, CA integrated tail lights/flush mounts, Hotbodies hugger, HEL S/S lines, Blue DB windscreen

I don't know about you guys but if some one were to purposley but objects/ hazards to elude people form driving on a road you can bet sure as **** I'm bouncing off the rev limiter near the houses.

HI Ya All,

Consider me gone. Not in a bitter way. I'm about a 100km ride away and that area is a nice destination. But there is so much more to travel, especially on a dual sport. Been picking up a bad vibe for a while.
    soaked and upset

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
    I don't know about you guys but if some one were to purposley but objects/ hazards to elude people form driving on a road you can bet sure as **** I'm bouncing off the rev limiter near the houses.
    And thus giving cause for even MORE residents to fall behind any legally-done or illegally-done campaign to discourage motorcycles from coming to the area. Great plan.

Is it necessary to **** in someone else's back yard by blasting through at warp speed and/or excessively loud pipes? I know it's not all or even close to most motorcycles, but "many" would be an accurate enough descriptor, and enough to reflect on all the riders going through the area.

Maybe riders should look inward and ask why it is that this sort of objection happens so often in popular riding areas with residential populations along side. If it were only "low-impact" riders quietly and sedately cruising through those popular riding areas, you wouldn't have anywhere near the angry local opposition you often see now in those areas.

Instead of ganging up on the OP and other residents who complain, gang up on the ****** riders whose riding habits create motivatation for this kind of opposition. They are the reason for harsh enforcement campaigns and movements to drive motorcycles out of a given area.