good beginner tracks - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good beginner tracks

Re: good beginner tracks

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    tank slapper mid turn because you went in too hot? What other events transpired?
    braking too deep...hit "bump" on entrance (off line because braking too deep/a little freaked out so not concentrating properly). happened before i knew what hit me. instructor was behind me and even he couldn't believe I didn't bail. did you know there are like 4 foot deep craters in the grass sections?! almost fell in...

that taught me
    Kristina
    "Sorry, you are not Canada's next star racer."

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy929 View Post
    Don't mean to hijack this thread. But what about Grattan in Michigan? I will be doing my first track day ever at either Grattan or TMP this summer. Most likely Grattan as it's only 2 hours from me and I have a means of transport there. But I've heard from many experienced riders that Grattan is one of the most technical tracks around. I want to go out there to have fun and learn. Will a track like Grattan be a good experience or will it be overly frustrating for a first timer?
    Are you in Windsor or something? Consider checking out Mid-Ohio.... they do a track school in the beginner group and a regular trackday for intermediate and advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Are you in Windsor or something? Consider checking out Mid-Ohio.... they do a track school in the beginner group and a regular trackday for intermediate and advanced.
    Yup I'm in dirty Windsor. I would consider other tracks but transport is my limiting factor. I'm stuck going wherever my friends go and there going to Grattan.