ARRRHHHH, bought the wrong Mustang Seat!

Thread: ARRRHHHH, bought the wrong Mustang Seat!

ARRRHHHH, bought the wrong Mustang Seat!

Have to vent... I've been looking for a used Mustang Seat for my 2002 v star custom since I bought it and finally found one for sale here in Kitchener. I didn't hesitate, called right away and went over and picked it up I was so excited.

That's where things end... had I checked prior to going to see it, the seat for the Custom is not the same for the Classic and guess which one this was for??? Of course, the Classic and now I have a beautiful seat that won't fit. I looked at modifying it or modifying my bike to make it work and then decided it's not worth it, it either fits or it doesn't and this falls in to the later.

Needless to say I am dissappointed in myself for buying this without checking and secondly, for telling my wife who is officially P.O.'ed at me that I spent that much money on something that doesn't fit.

Every happen to anyone else?

Re: ARRRHHHH, bought the wrong Mustang Seat!

Quote Originally Posted by 90GT_Cobra View Post
    Needless to say I am dissappointed in myself for buying this without checking and secondly, for telling my wife who is officially P.O.'ed at me that I spent that much money on something that doesn't fit.
    Wait until the wife gets over the loss and sell it on eBay (without telling her)...
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

"Ever happen to any one else?"
    Do you mean buying the wrong part or having our wife PO'ed at us for spending to much on toys??? I can see this becoming a very long thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 90GT_Cobra View Post
    Needless to say I am dissappointed in myself for buying this without checking and secondly, for telling my wife who is officially P.O.'ed at me that I spent that much money on something that doesn't fit.?
    Dude I haver been ogling the Mustang since I got my bike (2pc non-studded Vintage Wide touring *with* a backrest). I can only imagine the disappointment.

Sell it on ebay. You should get something close to what you paid if you price it just under what all the "stores" are selling it for.

Take some of that money and buy your wife a spa package. Happy wife, happy life.

Yes, Mustang seats always sell quickly on Ebay, also try going on Vstar forums and posting on their buy and sell threads, it will be gone in a day or 2 if you price it right.

Why not just return it?
    And yes, anyone who hasn't made a quick purchase only to find out later it was wrong hasn't really lived
    As for a po'ed wife.... get use to it!
    Cheers
    Aminal
    In the breeze

Ask the guy who sold you it to give you the other inquiries he's received, if any, I can't imagine it'll be difficult to re-sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Aminal View Post
    And yes, anyone who hasn't made a quick purchase only to find out later it was wrong hasn't really lived
    Words of wisdom my friend...
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by Aminal View Post
    Why not just return it?
    I bought it used and I don't think the lady takes returns.

I've listed it on Kijiji and on this forum so hopefully someone with a Classic is looking for one... if it doesn't sell there then I'll go the eBay route.

I have a 05 classic that i'm looking for a mustang seat for, if it fits the 05 which I think it does, let me know how much and i'll take it

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by macrider View Post
    Yes, Mustang seats always sell quickly on Ebay, also try going on Vstar forums and posting on their buy and sell threads, it will be gone in a day or 2 if you price it right.
    Might even find someone who bought a custom seat for their classic.

Quote Originally Posted by cantello View Post
    I have a 05 classic that i'm looking for a mustang seat for, if it fits the 05 which I think it does, let me know how much and i'll take it
    I sent you a PM with my number but I am not sure if it went through...if not, e-mail me at doug_rober@yahoo.ca.

I managed to pick it up for $240 (was asking $300) and I am just looking to break even.

**Update** Managed to sell it today so all worked out!
    Last edited by 90GT_Cobra; 05-15-2010 at 06:28 PM.