Racing this weekend at Shannonville

Thread: Racing this weekend at Shannonville

Racing this weekend at Shannonville

With any luck there will be National folks showing up to blow the dust off before the Parts Canada opened at Mirabel, the following weekend.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 05-12-2010 at 03:21 PM.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Re: Racing this weekend at Shannonville

Should be a good weekend.

Hopefully my AM SBK stuff isn't slotted right after the Pro races again so i can watch some of it.

Hopefully we won't get rained on, like last round, and I'll actually be able to stick around for the whole weekend. I didn't get a lot of shots last time out.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Friday looks like the only wet day so far. There should be a couple fast guys there.
    Looking forward to another great weekend at SMP.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Current forecast is only calling for 1-3mm of rain on Friday, hopefully we'll have a dry track for part of the day.

We are registered. See you at the track
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

there were some fast guys there for sure

Quote Originally Posted by RozGarRacing71 View Post
    Jodi being one of them . Good work this weekend Gary.

Ha ha Great riding!

So the new outright Long Track lap record is 143. something.

I hope everyone that went down heals up quickly and that their bike damage was minor.

I thought that it was nice that the guys testing left the points for the Racers that are contesting the series

Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    I thought that it was nice that the guys testing left the points for the Racers that are contesting the series
    It was less nice that Francis Martin discovered the wheelie control glitch that prevents race starts when he was lined up in front of me. :0
    I couldn't even tell you what I did to avoid him, I was just fumbling around trying to get the gas off and miss the bike.

I'm glad I didn't destroy one of the factory BMWs but it was extremely close to ending differently.
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

Anybody get pics of the Novice open or the Womens Cup?
    S.O.A.R #66

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post

I'm glad I didn't destroy one of the factory BMWs but it was extremely close to ending differently.
    Isn't it about time the ZEE GERMANS were bombed by american iron again??

I don't think they learned anything the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by DaineseGirl View Post
    Anybody get pics of the Novice open or the Womens Cup?
    Naw, I don't think so. Why would anyone shoot THOSE classes?

Oh, wait.....

So the new outright Long Track lap record is 143. something.

I hope everyone that went down heals up quickly and that their bike damage was minor.

not sure how you can say that, by the podium they all looked to be trying fairly hard

My point on the testing was that the National guys that were just sorting out their machines for Mirabel all left the race before the end as they should have. They don't run the regional series and wouldn't benefit from regional points.

I agree that the front runners in the Pro 600 and SBK were pushing very hard. #20 probably caught his bike from tucking 3X per lap, dam exciting racing to watch! The Am SBK race was also very good. Very strategic race for #510 and a well earned win.

As Shannonville won't get a National rnd and I'm busy during the Mosport rnd, I was happy to see a couple of the National guys run during the weekend.

Hats off to the girls that rode their finals injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Naw, I don't think so. Why would anyone shoot THOSE classes?

Oh, wait.....

Hahahaha. THANK YOU!! Did you happen to get any of my crash? That would be kind of neat to see.
    S.O.A.R #66

my guess is you saw a different race than i did, Szoke left the Superbike race on the first lap mechanical, Martin had an issue with the wheelie control and stalled,and almost got rearended by Franz and others, ran backwards up the hot pit and went out like a madman and smashed #20's record by 6/10ths, Ferreira did his 10 laps as did Martin, Jordan stood on the box in second place in the Pro 600 and collected his check, and i talked with #20 after the race and he told me he had no handling issues, no tucking of the front aside from the practice one in the morning where he saved a 10 foot slide, but i guess you were there
    Last edited by RozGarRacing71; 05-18-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: grammer/spelling

My point on the testing was that the National guys that were just sorting out their machines for Mirabel all left the race before the end as they should have. They don't run the regional series and wouldn't benefit from regional points.

I agree that the front runners in the Pro 600 and SBK were pushing very hard. #20 probably caught his bike from tucking 3X per lap, dam exciting racing to watch! The Am SBK race was also very good. Very strategic race for #510 and a well earned win.

As Shannonville won't get a National rnd and I'm busy during the Mosport rnd, I was happy to see a couple of the National guys run during the weekend.

Hats off to the girls that rode their finals injured.
    I have to side with Gary on this one. What you describe didn't happen.

Jordan needs every penny he can get this year, so tire contingency and pro payout is important to him.

Francis Martin truly did ride like a madman, he was absolutely riding the bags off that S1000R. He ran off into the grass, waited for the field to pass, went down to pit out and pulled a u-turn, stopped in the pits to make some adjustments then turned around and hit the track and promptly rode that BMW about as hard as i've ever seen anyone ride anything.. sideways nearly every lap out of 4 type of stuff.

Ferriera rode his race, at no point did it look like he was taking it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by DaineseGirl View Post
    Hahahaha. THANK YOU!! Did you happen to get any of my crash? That would be kind of neat to see.
    'Fraid not; I didn't catch any crashes last weekend at all. Check with Don Empey (cap44 on the Cherrypicker board). He seems to be psychic when it comes to shooting crashes. Jack at Flair Photo might also have something for you.

*EDIT* Actually I just remembered that Don told me he passes his shots on to Jack also, so he'd be the one to contact. Try (613) 475-3475.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 05-19-2010 at 08:16 AM.