Draw Muhammad Day May 20th - Page 2

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw Muhammad Day May 20th

Re: Draw Muhammad Day May 20th

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Until he flies a plane into a building, he is in fact better than the radicals.

Perhaps a few cartoons and an episode of South Park will inspire many into seeing how the Muslim religion lacks the tools to evolve as many other religions have. As such in many ways their culture is 1000 years behind the rest of the civilized world.
    No offence but that's some pretty red-neck **** right there Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Right, because protesting against defamation of a religious figure is the same thing as flying a plane into a building.

Flying a plane into a building constitutes MURDER OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.

The muslim world you're so valiantly defending, you know what avenue of protest they chose, when angered by some cartoons? Arson, state issued bounties for the deaths of the Danes, and more importantly, MURDER OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.

You fail at sarcasm, amongst other things.

@MG

so if I want to draw a picture of your parents doing 3 way with donkeys, can I do so because I have freedom of speech???

@the others

Please stop spreading hatred around and have respect for other cultures and religions. And stop blaming a whole nation for one's deed. If muslim nation doesn't want depiction of any prophet and specially their prophet, then whats the point of drawing the caricatures and insulting the prophets and the nation. Islam in no way spreads hate. It asks its follower to spread love and peace. I would call you guys ignorant who just listen to some fox news or any other bias channel and adopt the same perception. Those of you who commented on this thread, how much you know about Islam? Watch these some youtube videos where you will find many of your fellows are entering into Islam. Why, because it spreads hate? No, because it is a religion of peace. Watch these videos, and make a decision yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25-o9...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...snum=0&spell=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th8PSKzaAOc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4mRNpi5ZkM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiXYlO4Fbzk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHl_HPAbQ5g
    www.omairtechdesigns.com
    web and application development.

Quote Originally Posted by MG View Post
    LOL

Freedom of speech. I dont care if they dont like it, if I want to mock their religion I have the right to do so. If I want to draw their prophet having a three way with donkeys, I have the right to do so. Likewise, if somebody wants to mock Christianity, Buddhism, Scientology etc., they have the right to do so.

Under NO circumstances should our freedom of speech be silenced because Islam is offended by it.
    Nobody is saying your freedom of speech is to be silenced. But making a national day of mocking the religion is not going to solve anything.

Whenever offensive things are said and done, there is bound to be protest from those who are offended, this is true to all races and religions so don't make it out to be Muslim's are the only one's that speak out against offensive acts. Are there radicals who make threats of violence? Of course, but that does not have anything to do with Islam as a religion.

Like I mentioned before, there are countless Christians who propose violence and murder against those in opposition to their beliefs...But do they get a "Make fun of Anti-Abortionists" day? Of course not, its a matter of respect and class, something which many people in this thread clearly do not possess.

BTW I'm only using examples of so called "Christians" as an example... I know better than to equate an entire religious group to the acts of a few.
    Last edited by Waldo; 05-14-2010 at 05:29 AM.
    http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1015/batmanp.gif<--Badass

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    Flying a plane into a building constitutes MURDER OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.

The muslim world you're so valiantly defending, you know what avenue of protest they chose, when angered by some cartoons? Arson, state issued bounties for the deaths of the Danes, and more importantly, MURDER OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.

You fail at sarcasm, amongst other things.
    I'm not defending the radicals, and nor am I defending the idiots who like to add fuel to the fire by making a national day out of something so irrelevant to their lives.

Oh but MURDER OF INNOCENT PEOPLE you cry, why can't you people get a simple fact through your heads? If a person does proposes violence, THEY DO NOT SPEAK FOR AN ENTIRE RELIGION. There are Christian terrorists, Hindu and Sikh Terrorists, Jewish Terrorists. The only religion I can't name a terrorist from are Buddhists, so why must the Muslim terrorists represent their religion, yet the others get a free pass as lunatics who don't know the meaning of their religion? This is ignorance at its stupidest. You fail at simple logic, amongst other things.

PS. Why are we even bringing terrorists into this discussion? There wasn't any loss of life over these cartoons that I know of, but you people love to bring up irrelevant facts. I think I'm done here, ignorance and idiocy can rarely be cured online.
    Last edited by Waldo; 05-14-2010 at 05:35 AM.
    http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1015/batmanp.gif<--Badass

just to clarify. For many of us, every day is making fun of all religions day.

Oh my. Waldo is a welcome voice of reason. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by programmerbiker View Post
    @MG

so if I want to draw a picture of your parents doing 3 way with donkeys, can I do so because I have freedom of speech???
    Go ahead... Why would I get upset if you did do that??? I am intellegent enough to laugh it off.

As I said before... every major paper in the world should print the cartoon EVERY god damn day until the nonsense ends...
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

I hate you because you hate me because I hate you because you hate me because I hate you because you hate me because I hate you because you hate me because I hate you because you hate me because I hate you because you hate me because I hate you because you hate me because I hate you because you hate me because I hate you because you hate me.

I say nuke the entire planet until it's just a chunk of glass, then the universe will finally get some peace.
    Last edited by jolomatic; 05-14-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: hate

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    PS. Why are we even bringing terrorists into this discussion? There wasn't any loss of life over these cartoons that I know of.
    !??!?!?!?!

YOU DON'T KNOW OF IT BECAUSE YOU'RE IGNORANT.

YOU FAIL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...ns_controversy

In Damascus, Syria, both the Norwegian embassy and a building containing the Danish, Swedish, and Chilean embassies were stormed and set on fire by protesters. In Beirut, thousands of people protested on the streets, and the Danish General Consulate was stormed and set on fire. As of 2 March 2006, at least 139 people have died primarily during riots stemming from protests. On 1 January 2010, a man was shot whilst attempting to kill Kurt Westergaard, one of the original cartoonists.

The reality is that Muhammad has been depicted in pictures and drawings ever since he himself walked the earth: http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/

In fact, "prohibition against depicting Mohammed did not arise until as late as the 16th or 17th century, despite the media's recent false claims that it has always been forbidden for Muslims to draw Mohammed. Until comparatively recently in Islamic history, it was perfectly common to show Mohammed, either in full (as revealed on this page), or with his face hidden (as shown on the next page). Even after the 17th century, up to modern times, Islamic depictions of Mohammed (especially in Shi'ite areas) continued to be produced." http://www2.let.uu.nl/Solis/anpt/ejos/pdf4/07Ali.pdf

In fact, South Park even depicted an uncensored character of Mohammed on July 4th, 2001 in the 'Super Best Friends' episode -- but of course no one cared then, because Sept. 11th hadn't happened yet.

All of this uproar over the depiction of Mohammed is just another out cry from a bunch of over-grown babies who want the world to pay attention to them. They get this attention by threatening to kill or killing anyone who speaks against them (poor, poor little babies).

Religions that call for the deaths of innocents for something as minor as drawing a cartoon or believing in a fairy tale other than their own deserve and will get no respect from me. Trying to bully me into respecting anything about Islam with threats of violence will only serve to make me disrespect it even more.

If you are going to hate something and not want to really learn about it (Islam), then go ahead and hate. No one can stop you from doing whatever it is you want to do, (unless it’s crazy illegal and some cop will probably stop you) but drawing a picture or something akin to that is nothing to kill over, or even threaten to kill over. Radicals the world over, are composed of many religions, but labelling an entire group of people that compose more than a billion people worldwide, by the actions of a couple of bearded freaks is pretty ignorant. It’s stupid; I think we can all agree that harming a person because of a drawing is just STUPID. So go draw whatever you want on the 20th and if some stupid ---- attacks you, then whoever that person is should suffer for it.
    Now as an example of what not to do. One of this boards members says:

kill em all..let god sort em out

WWW.GRANGESPORTS.ORG get a real hobby

That is so ignorant and pathetically stupid, whoever that person is knows how fake that statement is, and most likely wouldn’t harm a fly for fear of losing his gun license. Maybe having his house raided for making such a CRAZY remark, because people who think like that, AND OWN GUNS, are a real threat to NORMAL people.

I hope whoever this scared little person is either clarifies who he wants dead, or retracts this statement, after hopefully realising how horrible of a thing it is to say that HE WANTS PEOPLE TO DIE, you sound almost as bad as them...
    Last edited by IRONLUNG; 05-14-2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post

Religions that call for the deaths of innocents for something as minor as drawing a cartoon or believing in a fairy tale other than their own deserve and will get no respect from me. Trying to bully me into respecting anything about Islam with threats of violence will only serve to make me disrespect it even more.
    People, NOT religions. When you generalize Islam or any other religion based on a small group of people that don't represent Islam at all with their off the wall threats, it shows me that you in fact are the baby, because grown-ups don't generalize.

My imaginary man in the sky can beat the crap out of your imaginary man in the sky any day!

we might as well add a "crucify jesus" day while we're at this.

Oh, and I almost forgot: "Enslave Jews to make them build us stuff" day.
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

Quote Originally Posted by wpn_x View Post
    People, NOT religions. When you generalize Islam or any other religion based on a small group of people that don't represent Islam at all with their off the wall threats, it shows me that you in fact are the baby, because grown-ups don't generalize.
    What is religion without people? Nothing.

It is not generalizing when it is not a small number of people. The amount that support bombings is decreasing, but when you have 40% of people in Pakistan supporting suicide bombings, and even higher support in Lebanon, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, that tells me it is no small number that issue off the wall threats. http://www.globalsecurity.org/securi...26-rferl01.htm

I lived in Indonesia for 3.5 years, and any knowledge I gained of Islam during that time did not increase my tolerance of that medieval religion, in fact it made me think quite the opposite - and that was in Indonesia, in which the people practice one of the most relaxed form of Islam around.

Quote Originally Posted by Declan Gunn View Post
    we might as well add a "crucify jesus" day while we're at this.

Oh, and I almost forgot: "Enslave Jews to make them build us stuff" day.
    Because drawing a picture is equivalent to crucifying someone or enslaving someone? I see...

Anyway, as an atheist I consider all religions fair game for ridicule, not just islam.

The reality is that Muhammad has been depicted in pictures and drawings ever since he himself walked the earth: http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/

In fact, "prohibition against depicting Mohammed did not arise until as late as the 16th or 17th century, despite the media's recent false claims that it has always been forbidden for Muslims to draw Mohammed. Until comparatively recently in Islamic history, it was perfectly common to show Mohammed, either in full (as revealed on this page), or with his face hidden (as shown on the next page). Even after the 17th century, up to modern times, Islamic depictions of Mohammed (especially in Shi'ite areas) continued to be produced." http://www2.let.uu.nl/Solis/anpt/ejos/pdf4/07Ali.pdf

In fact, South Park even depicted an uncensored character of Mohammed on July 4th, 2001 in the 'Super Best Friends' episode -- but of course no one cared then, because Sept. 11th hadn't happened yet.

All of this uproar over the depiction of Mohammed is just another out cry from a bunch of over-grown babies who want the world to pay attention to them. They get this attention by threatening to kill or killing anyone who speaks against them (poor, poor little babies).

+10
    RR

Sine,________,Tangent.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Because drawing a picture is equivalent to crucifying someone or enslaving someone? I see...

Anyway, as an atheist I consider all religions fair game for ridicule, not just islam.
    don't believe everything you read in the paper, someone from gtamotorcycle can write an article with figures and sign his name on it too.

Muslims in Indonesia, Pakistan and surrounding are very peaceful. Again it's a few that stain Islam. Muslims in North America are majority very peaceful.

Since you mentioned you're an atheist, I will end my discussion w you b/c I know I'll end up nowhere.