May 11, 2010

What a weekend! After much anticipation, round 1 of SOAR had finally arrived and what a weekend it was. This one will surely be one of the most memorable races for better and for worse. Before we even arrived at the Toronto Motorsports Park I had already expected that the weather would be less then ideal. Well as it turned out for both Friday and Saturday, to say that the weather was less then ideal would be the understatement of the year. For two days the rain kept pouring and only letting off when all of the track side activities have come to an end. 100 km gusts of wind made it difficult to even stand in the paddock, it pulverized our canopy and when Charly was out on the track it pushed him around as if he were nothing more than a rag doll. What made this weekend so special was the fact that this was the first time that Charly had ever ridden in wet conditions. Appropriate to the circumstances it was also the very first time Charly had wiped out in the rain. A little bit too much front brake heading into turn one was all that was needed to have the front end tuck in underneath him was the lesson that Charly had learned no doubt.

Sunday turned out to be a much better day and even though the air temperature was only 9 degrees Celsius, the rain had stopped and the sun even showed itself periodically throughout the day. Having been the only contender in the Nuspeed class to hit the track for qualifying meant that Charly was going to start his race from pole position. Once the green flag dropped Charly was able to execute a decent launch and start the drag race into turn one ahead of his competitor. In his very own words “once I noticed that I was in the lead I just put my head down and gave it 110%”. Needless to say Charly was ecstatic about winning the inaugural Nuspeed race.

Please subscribe to www.youtube.com/charlyvuracer to follow the racing adventures of Charly Vu.

Special Thanks:

SOAR – As always, thank you for running such a great series and thank you for introducing the Nuspeed class so that young riders such as Charly have a place to practice the art of motorcycle racing.
www.soaracing.com

Racer5 – I would like to thank Fawaz from Racer5 for going out of his way to assist me throughout the weekend. Based on what I have seen, the Racer5 Program and the Racer5 cup has all of the elements to ensuring that a potential new racer will truly enjoy their first racing experience.
www.racer5.ca

1 Four 0 Nine Inc. – Thank you Chris Vieira for making Charly’s bike the best looking Honda NSR50R out there. Chris is an experienced automobile painter who is very skilled at restoring damaged motorcycles and late model cars.
(416) 875 - 2252

Sincerely,

David Vu
DR3 Racing
“Live the dr3am”