Shanny LT May 17 - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shanny LT May 17

Re: Shanny LT May 17

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzorman1 View Post
    Dude, if you were doing consistent 2:03's in yellow (which means traffic) you should move up my man. You will have a much better ride and the guys that do pass you will be clean. It's safer to be in red at your pace. Just my 02
    Your input is graciously accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by ungrateful_son View Post
    That was me
    Ah thanks again. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cola_fiend2003 View Post

That scared the crap outta me until we saw you were OK.
    Yea was pretty fatigued at the end of it all. Thought I would make it a nice smooth one motion - in the trailer in the chock, but instead it turned out terribly wrong.

Definitely hope to properly meet you guys next time. I did end up picking up some take offs from the fellow beside you guys. Who's going this weekend to TMP?

2:03 man that is fast. I had a friend time me and the fastest I was going was between 2:12-2:15 but that was with a analog stop watch so not sure how accurate it was.

Ya Cola and Elky are cherry picking ..... I'm sure Elky went under 2 from the way he passed me the one lap.... you passed my slow *** and you're GONE!!! I must be somewhere around 2:12 give or take a few seconds.... and there is NO WAY I was 10 away from you at the end of that lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Ya Cola and Elky are cherry picking ..... I'm sure Elky went under 2 from the way he passed me the one lap.... you passed my slow *** and you're GONE!!! I must be somewhere around 2:12 give or take a few seconds.... and there is NO WAY I was 10 away from you at the end of that lap.
    You boys should def move up, not only to learn more but also to avoid the danger/madness they call intermediate

But in reality, if you are moving at that pace its just a matter of time before you either scare someone or run into the back of somone mid corner since your closing speed is so much greater

you are probably 15 seconds a lap faster then some people in that group

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    You boys should def move up, not only to learn more but also to avoid the danger/madness they call intermediate

But in reality, if you are moving at that pace its just a matter of time before you either scare someone or run into the back of somone mid corner since your closing speed is so much greater

The faster you go the farther you need to look ahead.

I had a big scare this weekend during Saturday practice. A friend of mine was having clutch issues on his RC and was checking up on the back straight to let people pass. Unfortunately he says he was "off the line" but "the line" on the back straight is everything but the right-most 2 feet of pavement. I came out of the hairpin right behind a 600RR (i mean about 5 feet behind) and when i closed the gap and went to pop out of the draft there was an RC at a relative standstill in the middle of the track. I had just grabbed 4th gear which means i was in the ~200km/hr area and he was probably doing half that. I got my bike sideways on the brakes and almost clipped him with my rear wheel sliding past him on the right. The fact that I ended up passing him on the right meant he was in a bad spot.

I know **** happens, and we talked afterward. No harm no foul kinda thing but that one was close. That would have gone really bad really fast if there was contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post

Maybe it is time...

Quote Originally Posted by elkymutt View Post
    Maybe it is time...
    The soundtrack for this statement is definitely, "2001 A Space Odyssey" :P
    Opinions are like motorcycles; we all have one, some are just better than others

Quote Originally Posted by elkymutt View Post
    maybe it is time...
    do eeet waterboy!!
    "I no like ride street becaz of all d fackin ideeot"
    Valentino Rossi - Faster

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzorman1 View Post
    do eeet waterboy!!
    funny considering his profession!

Quote Originally Posted by bjturner View Post
    hey Marco,

I'm glad you had a good day. We are the ones with the buffet spread with coffee and fruit.

hope to see you again soon.
    Thanks for feeding me at the end of the day. It saved me from stopping for junk food on the drive home.
    Pi, Novice 728

Quote Originally Posted by doubleapex View Post
    Thanks for feeding me at the end of the day. It saved me from stopping for junk food on the drive home.
    which hungry track rider were you? We fed a couple of them at the end of the day.

maybe the guy with the cool trailer that I need to cook for??
    Twist the throttle, you pussy!!

That was me, and that trailer proved to be much more comfortable than the two-man tent it replaced. I only wish it had a freezer so I could haul some ice cream.
    Pi, Novice 728

Quote Originally Posted by doubleapex View Post
    That was me, and that trailer proved to be much more comfortable than the two-man tent it replaced. I only wish it had a freezer so I could haul some ice cream.
    now you just sound spoiled!

Yes, you totally missed I did track days at TMP last year (Green) and the rules were something of a moving target; one time it was no passing in corners, next it was pass if it was overtly 'safe' - and thus the reason for my original post. While the rules changed, the event was always safe. I had hoped to preempt death by flame-thrower by prefacing, "I'm not talking about riding like an a-hole; merely being able to pass safely so I can learn something other than patience :P", peppered with a bit of humour which I guess was lost in translation. You DID mistake my sentiment; and to be concise, I was NOT asking what I could get away with.

And you might be mistaking me for a more experienced, and or aggressive rider Not to belittle your obviously valid reason for concern (I sensed there was more to the story), or to compare piss posts, I was run off the track last year by a rider doing around 140; I hear you clearly - just don't assume you know me without meeting me in person. After that, fire at will.

See, we have more in common than you originally thought. I look forward to meeting you in person Beulah - and thanks again for giving me the garage spot for Mid-Ohio. I'll go back to my 'corner' now, unless of course it's yours (ahem, pun most definitely intended)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8g9MffdSjY

Ungrateful son in green group

Quote Originally Posted by bjturner View Post
    Ungrateful son in green group

Oh B, you're beating up on me again; I'm totally innocent
    Opinions are like motorcycles; we all have one, some are just better than others

Oh B, you're beating up on me again; I'm totally innocent
    I don't know...I thought you did great!!!!!

I was the dude in the red dianese suit and riding a red 07 cbr600rr! Was good times...my first track day!

Addicted, it was amazing! Thank god i chose to make my bike track only and took it to the track-not the street

See everyone at Bogie Juen 28th-29th!

Woot