Race bike tuning...... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race bike tuning......

Re: Race bike tuning......

It ran 9's before the nitrous.
    And once the motor was buttoned up, it stayed that way all yr.
    When it comes to drag racing, Craig's no dummy. ANd he isn't new to dyno tuning, with wideband etc.... .
    Ask around. There's s 500 hp Bua on this board that he had a hand in.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

who is the best or good enough.. well the best is scott miller,mike crompton,harrald serien,tony russel,in canada anyway
    at the end of the day when riders choice want's to make real big hp numbers they send their jobs to scott miller

Not eveyone has time or money to have Scott Miller tune their motors. When national championships are on the line sure.
    But for Joe Average, good luck.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by toybm View Post
    Thanks guys, I figured that the gearing does nothing for outright horsepower but I was more thinking about how that power is delivered in lets say 2nd to 6th gears and what the torque vs rpm curves look like in those gears with my revised gearing. I'm not sure you could use this as an indication for optimal gearing as currently the bike feels like it has to windup before it gets going onto the front and back straights of TMP. I'm currently using 15/48 and am thinking of 14/48.
    I think recip read this wrong one tooth down in the front is I believe like +2 in the rear unless this is exactly how he read it. The front is the cheapest way but may not get you exactly where you want to be. Only one way to find out.

Back in the day there was a shop called Lietner and Bush that turned out serious motors. I had them build a couple of mine. They built 2 stroke powered snowmobile engined sidecar rig that whooped up on everyone. Saw them graft a 4th cylinder on a Kawi triple once and build a custom set of chambers that were amazing. Gord Bush runs a shop in Mississauga and Frank Lietner works for Steffan Engines in Oshawa now.
    Guys like Zaid Salanni (Z1) and Willy Shimping (WASP mostly vintage) and Sandy Noce (Pro6 mostly 2 strokes) and Tim Spegilburg (Ducati) are also great engine builders. Then there are specialty shops that do "parts" Falicon and APE for cranks, Webb and Megacycle for cams, NPS for heads. Ducshop for Ducs, Spears for twins (SV,TL,EX), Wiseco Venolia for pistons, Carillo for rods, Sudco for carbs, XR Only for Honda singles etc etc etc

Are these guys all still doing business?
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6