Hey guys,

I have a 2002 Suzuki Savage 650 that had been running with no problems. It's been sitting in the garage for about two weeks. I've started it at least 3 times a week and there was no problem but when I went to start it couple days ago, it won't. The battery seems fine, everything lights up and the ignition works. There's definitely gas in the tank and it's not old. After searching a bit, I am afraid I may have 'flooded' the engine, due to not using the choke properly. Some threads say I must clean the spark plugs and some say to open the throttle completely and then turn it on to get rid of excess fuel. Some say not to do anything at all if you suspect it is flooded because it may damage the engine. It definitely smells like gas when I try to start it and sometimes it sounds like it's almost about to start. Also, after trying for a while repetitively, I got a clicking noise.

Any ideas? I don't even know how I would be able to take it to a mechanic if I can't fix it myself. This is my first bike and I don't completely understand the intricacies of starting an engine.

Thank you!