First track day experience. Racer5 May 6th. Lots of pics lots of words - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First track day experience. Racer5 May 6th. Lots of pics lots of words

Re: First track day experience. Racer5 May 6th. Lots of pics lots of words

Quote Originally Posted by Jia View Post

That's good to hear, which bike were you out there?

I wasnt on a bike, I was the marshal at Turn 2/3
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Thanks for the great write up.GTAM needs more input from folks like yourself.Cya on the track. Ric
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Was a great day lots of great people to meet and Racer5 is a great event company. Kudo to everyone for a great day and hope to see you out there again soon.
    Ian suzukiSV1000 #426

Quote Originally Posted by Irocian View Post
    Was a great day lots of great people to meet and Racer5 is a great event company. Kudo to everyone for a great day and hope to see you out there again soon.
    Ian suzukiSV1000 #426
    Ahhh yes. I was going to ask you, but isnt that Cola Fiends old bike ??
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    Ahhh yes. I was going to ask you, but isnt that Cola Fiends old bike ??
    Yes sir it is and i have some slow moving videos from my bullet cam from everyone passing me to prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    Ah I see, you must have saw me on both my offs then.

I did forget to mention the marshaling was great and the safety priority was top notch. On your first out lap the marshal who sends you out first tells you the conditions of the track as observed and warns you of anything you should be aware of. He tells you to take it easy and check the track and if anything concerns you you can report back to him.

Everything about the day puts the riders safety, fun, and enjoyment first, from organizers to instructors to marshals, they all were there for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    Thanks for the great write up.GTAM needs more input from folks like yourself.Cya on the track. Ric
    I really appreciate the comment, I will be attending a school soon and hope to document it like this and give insight and review to people who are interested in the future.
    Last edited by Jia; 05-07-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Did you marshall the same turn on Sunday April 18th?
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    Damn, I am sooooooo tempted. Already started scouting kijiji for trailers. lol Worst case scenario I will do the last Thursday of August track day but hopefully I can do one before that.
    We'll get you out before then!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    Did you marshall the same turn on Sunday April 18th?
    Nope, the regular track marshals didn't show up (aside from Kevin) so it was either myself and Dave help out and do it or the entire day would have to be canceled.

Thanks for writing this up! That was a great read from a beginner's perspective I'm glad to hear you had a fun day, Fawaz will be very happy to hear it!

Is Johnny becoming the official Racer5 ride in the car guy? Was Donovan sitting in the back saying Get in! I'll give you candy!
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Nope, the regular track marshals didn't show up (aside from Kevin) so it was either myself and Dave help out and do it or the entire day would have to be canceled.
    Fun times! It was kinda fun watching everyone improve through out the day, the guy on the BMW was doing awesome and looked comfortable out there.
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Fun times! It was kinda fun watching everyone improve through out the day, the guy on the BMW was doing awesome and looked comfortable out there.
    Yeah, I've never been sunburnt and caught a cold all in the same day! LOL It really was a treat tracking the fast group, watching Pedro, Johnny and that guy on that 09 ZX6R coming in three wide into turn 2 was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Probably because his heated hand grips had him more comfortable than anyone else on the track! (and I thought I was the only one representing.. lol!)

Yeah, I've never been sunburnt and caught a cold all in the same day! LOL It really was a treat tracking the fast group, watching Pedro, Johnny and that guy on that 09 ZX6R coming in three wide into turn 2 was awesome.
    no chit! had my camo rain coat on as usual cuz its wind proof and keeps me nice'n'toasty ..... and dammit all.... my head is sunburnt!! But I guess its not track season till ya got a sunburnt head
    Tim Duquette - Trackday Photographer
    http://www.timduquettephotography.com

LOL don't even start complaining about a sun burn, I'm in flipping pain right now... The attached pic is of my forehead completely untouched no photoshop magic, those little spots are bubbles...
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
    Is Johnny becoming the official Racer5 ride in the car guy? Was Donovan sitting in the back saying Get in! I'll give you candy!
    Donnie wasn't in the car, but he was out sweeping up the track as we were doing the ride. We come out of one of the turns and all we see is him bent over with his pants around his thighs and this big white *** staring us in the face. We all cracked up in the car, pure jokes
    "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

2006 R6 Raven

Quote Originally Posted by GRAYZ View Post
    Probably because his heated hand grips had him more comfortable than anyone else on the track! (and I thought I was the only one representing.. lol!)
    John, did you bring the F?
    GTA-M. Your best bang for the entertainment buck.
    What feels better than banking a motorcycle over into a corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Skurj View Post
    Thats just for the one day! let alone, trailers, tents, ramps, suspension, getting hooked so you need to do it a couple of times a month, then its new tires, leathers... and on and on... i so wanna do it.

Mebbe next yr... get the current bike paid for and then park a track bike next to it mebbe.. may need a lotta luck hiding another bike in the garage!
    Hey - saw your post on trailer storage. While new to this myself, track day can be expensive but there are a few one time costs. Rent a trailer, don't buy. Look to see if you can get a ride up to the track as I did - share gas etc. Ramp $60; suspension tuned by Donald $15; leathers - ok, serious money. You can dip your toe into this without a big outlay and you can keep it sane but like anything else, it can add up fast as you add goodies.

Turn2 will kit you head to toe and give you a bike to rent, but it's pricey imo. I'd rather put that into equipment.
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by funrider View Post
    Hey - saw your post on trailer storage. While new to this myself, track day can be expensive but there are a few one time costs. Rent a trailer, don't buy. Look to see if you can get a ride up to the track as I did - share gas etc. Ramp $60; suspension tuned by Donald $15; leathers - ok, serious money. You can dip your toe into this without a big outlay and you can keep it sane but like anything else, it can add up fast as you add goodies.

Turn2 will kit you head to toe and give you a bike to rent, but it's pricey imo. I'd rather put that into equipment.

Even leathers if you are patient and start looking soon, you can save big time on used gear. My Suomy one piece cost me $200 and it fits fine, and already saved me once on Thursday when I low sided. My Sidi Vertebrae's were $100 with some velcro coming off but I stitched it up and works great, and my Dainese back protector was $40. I admit it took lots of time looking for this gear but it does pay off.

Check everywhere from this forum to deal forums like Red Flag Deals, to Kijiji, Craigslist, local bike forums etc.
    Last edited by Jia; 05-08-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jia View Post
    Even leathers if you are patient and start looking soon, you can save big time on used gear. My Suomy one piece cost me $200 and it fits fine, and already saved me once on Thursday when I low sided. My Sidi Vertebrae's were $100 with some vecro coming off but I stitched it up and works great, and my Dainese back protector was $40. I admit it took lots of time looking for this gear but it does pay off.

Check everywhere from this forum to deal forums like Red Flag Deals, to Kijiji, Craigslist, local bike forums etc.
    +1 on the gear - does not have to be expensive. I got a 2 piecer (360 zip) from Pannon for $400. EVERYTHING I have was on sale (Sidi boots from GP bikes JR gloves from Motorcycle Superstore etc...) and buy off season too, ramp, wheel chock etc. My 2 cents is don't buy online - you have no idea of the fit for personal stuff - try before you buy.

Don't be too grossed out about used leathers - they can be treated and disinfected by a sports equipment cleaning service.
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!