HF trailer Review/Advise. - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HF trailer Review/Advise.

Re: HF trailer Review/Advise.

I've had blowouts with the 8" trailer tires (that used to be standard equipment on that style of trailer). Switched to the 12" tires, end of problem. One note: there are different widths and load ratings of 12" tires. I use the 5.30x12 load range "C" tires - the highest load rating I could find.

Common sense has to prevail regarding the speed you go on the highway, though. 120 seems to be fine.

does HF have all the extras to make this thing actually work for hauling bikes? Hooks to tie down to? spare tires etc? Diamond plating by chance?

I know its a great price but I really like the "Ready to roll" appeal of a trailer thats good to go immediatly.

some pictures from another forum but I really like the look of these trailers: http://www.ducati-superbikes.com/for...8&postcount=32

Quote Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
    does HF have all the extras to make this thing actually work for hauling bikes? Hooks to tie down to? spare tires etc? Diamond plating by chance?

I know its a great price but I really like the "Ready to roll" appeal of a trailer thats good to go immediatly.

some pictures from another forum but I really like the look of these trailers: http://www.ducati-superbikes.com/for...8&postcount=32
    It has the extras, just not sure about the diamond plate. You could also use plywood, most people do.

Its by no means read to roll, unfortunately.

They have it all. Chokes and tie downs too. OR if you want, you can buy mine I'm about to put it up for sale as I'm getting an enclosed...
    "Bro... it's an exotic..."

SOAR Novice #37

Quote Originally Posted by fsilva_mcl View Post
    They have it all. Chokes and tie downs too. OR if you want, you can buy mine I'm about to put it up for sale as I'm getting an enclosed...
    Already! Damn that was quick...
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Already! Damn that was quick...
    Haha ya man. I think I took it to TMP twice? But I can't say no to an enclosed trailer especially if my dad is buying.

SOAR Novice #37

Haha ya man. I think I took it to TMP twice? But I can't say no to an enclosed trailer especially if my dad is buying.
    How much are you selling your HF one for?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
    How much are you selling your HF one for?
    lol I've had about a million PMs about that. I'm trying to figure out a fair price then I will let you all know.

In the mwean time anyone know where I can get a good enclosed trailer? lol HF?

SOAR Novice #37

Awesome, think Im just gonna go down next week and check out what they have... but im also inclined to wait for another one of the 20% type coupons though.

good luck with the sale.

actually I think it just went on sale for the 12 inch 4 lug version @ $200:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-lb...els-90154.html

12 inch 5 lug model heavy duty 1750lb is @ $399...

I may go for the larger capacity one and get the steel side panel kit to make this more versatile trailer:

http://www.harborfreight.com/steel-s...ler-47423.html

actually I think it just went on sale for the 12 inch 4 lug version @ $200:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-lb...els-90154.html

12 inch 5 lug model heavy duty 1750lb is @ $399...

I may go for the larger capacity one and get the steel side panel kit to make this more versatile trailer:

http://www.harborfreight.com/steel-s...ler-47423.html
    I'm gonna go buy it tomorrow for sure now! Will there be enough space on a 2001 Nissan Maxima to carry a passenger in the front seat with all the trailer boxes? Or do I need to fold the front seat as well?

Holy hell, $100 off. I need to get down there.

Also, new coupon!:

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi86 View Post
    I'm gonna go buy it tomorrow for sure now! Will there be enough space on a 2001 Nissan Maxima to carry a passenger in the front seat with all the trailer boxes? Or do I need to fold the front seat as well?
    You will need to fold the front seat. The largest box is 5 feet long.

I just got the heavy duty trailer this morning, it was $203 USD on sale.

This is my bill for everything:
    -Trailer, spare tire, spare tire mount, trailer safety chain, trailer jack, wheel bearings protectors, bike wheel chock, 2 x 2/pack 500 lbs limit ratchet tie downs = $390 USD x 1.0229 USD/CAD = $400 CAD
    -Border tax for everything = $50 CAD
    -Gas and tolls = $30 CAD

Total so far = $480 CAD

Add diamond plating platform, bolts, 4 strap attachments, MTO plate = ~$150 CAD

So I'm expecting a brand new trailer for just over $600, NOT BAD!

there both listed as "heavy duty" did you get the folding or non folding (4lug vs 5lug)? And how was the stock on these items? Im heading down maybe Tue/Wed and would hate to get there and then be sold out.

there both listed as "heavy duty" did you get the folding or non folding (4lug vs 5lug)? And how was the stock on these items? Im heading down maybe Tue/Wed and would hate to get there and then be sold out.
    There's 3 different 3x8 trailers that don't come with a platform or ramps:
    1) 8" tire 950 lbs capacity, foldable. $299
    2) 12" 4 lug tire 1195 lbs capacity, foldable --- I got this one, $204 on SALE
    3) 12" 5 lug tire 1720 lbs capacity, NON FOLDABLE! $399 on SALE

So be careful with what you buy, as some are non foldable. I can't fit a non-foldable trailer in my garage.

I really don't know about the stock they had, that's why I went today. I wanted to be sure I got one at such a cheap price of $204. But there's 2 stores only like 15 minutes away across the border, if the closer one doesn't have it try the other one in Cheektowaga

BTW I did not need to fold the front passenger's seat in the front on the Nissan Maxima...
    Last edited by Rossi86; 08-02-2010 at 05:29 PM.

BTW I did not need to fold the front passenger's seat in the front on the Nissan Maxima...
    How did you fit it?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
    How did you fit it?
    I folded only the rear seats, from trunk to the back of the front seats there's more space than just 5 feet

I folded only the rear seats, from trunk to the back of the front seats there's more space than just 5 feet
    Oh, I didn't know the maxima had foldable rear seats.

Wow, price is back up now to $299!
    For all your Paint, Repair and Plastic Welding - Cheekeebandito http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=182