HF trailer Review/Advise. - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HF trailer Review/Advise.

Re: HF trailer Review/Advise.

Slip a lubed condom over it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrias View Post
    Slip a lubed condom over it.
    hehehehe...knew that it was going to end up here...so that begs my next question...new or used? Ribbed or smooth?

Man this goes down hill fast!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trekie2 View Post
    Yup, had the same problem...took the small inner tongue out and worked it (read bashed with a hammer) to get it to work and seems fine. BUT one question I am interested in knowing and can't seem to find an answer is do people lub or grease up the coupler and ball (god I can see were this is going on this site). The trailer hitch ball seems a little scored from the coupler and am wondering if this is normal.
    grease it... i think it says it in the manual
    "Bro... it's an exotic..."

SOAR Novice #37

Quote Originally Posted by Trekie2 View Post
    Yup, had the same problem...took the small inner tongue out and worked it (read bashed with a hammer) to get it to work and seems fine. BUT one question I am interested in knowing and can't seem to find an answer is do people lub or grease up the coupler and ball (god I can see were this is going on this site). The trailer hitch ball seems a little scored from the coupler and am wondering if this is normal.
    Yes. Grease it.

Picked up the trailer today, it's on sale again for $299.99 and I used this 20% off coupon so it came to $239.99.

Also used this coupon for my free flashlight!!

For all your Paint, Repair and Plastic Welding - Cheekeebandito http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=182

Is it possible to fold the trailer in half even if it has a wheel chock installed???
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

Quote Originally Posted by georgy View Post
    Is it possible to fold the trailer in half even if it has a wheel chock installed???
    no. think about it.....the floor folds on top of each other. If there is a chock.....it will interfere.

You'd have to get something like a Pingle removable chock.

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    no. think about it.....the floor folds on top of each other. If there is a chock.....it will interfere.
    Wrong!

I fold mine in half with the wheel chock on no problem, it just doesn't close tight obviously, but still folds up in quite a compact size. (far too lazy to take pics)
    SOAR Novice #113

That's what I thought, thanks Dave.

Don't like those Pingle chocks..they don't look like they do much. I could never justify the price.
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

Those pingle chocks are definitely sh*t and way overpriced.

Harbour Freight sells a pretty nice chock for the money, and it comes in handy off the trailer for oil changes/bike service too:

Currently I've got my HF trailer rigged up to haul a pair of dirtbikes (with dirtbike/21" wheel specific chocks), but what I did was add an additional crossbrace near the front with nuts welded on so that I can bolt and unbolt the chocks quickly (using little t-handle bolts). I'll have to take some pics to show what I'm talking about...

I used these removable tie down rings from Mcmaster Carr (available from other places and ebay too):

The HF trailer is definitely a smokin deal for the money, but you gotta spend a few bucks to get it properly rigged for hauling bikes.

Yea I got a 5x8 right now set up for 3 dirt bikes.

I'd get the HF one just for the fact that it can fold for storage, but I just noticed that it's a 4x8..3 bikes is going to be a squeeze.
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

That's what I thought, thanks Dave.

Don't like those Pingle chocks..they don't look like they do much. I could never justify the price.

Understood, I'd never buy one either.. but if you NEEDED to fold that trailer in half you'd have to have a removable chock.

Yea I got a 5x8 right now set up for 3 dirt bikes.

I'd get the HF one just for the fact that it can fold for storage, but I just noticed that it's a 4x8..3 bikes is going to be a squeeze.
    For dirt bikes it shouldn't be too bad. Set up the wheel chocks so the center bike faces the back and the two outside bikes face the front.

if you really need a quick release, you can fashion up some bolts with wing nuts and some R-clips.

For registering the trailer did you take the paperwork from Harbor freight to the ministry with the bill or what? I read something in this thread about declaring it a home made trailer?
    For all your Paint, Repair and Plastic Welding - Cheekeebandito http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=182

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1 View Post
    For registering the trailer did you take the paperwork from Harbor freight to the ministry with the bill or what? I read something in this thread about declaring it a home made trailer?
    There's a subway next to the HF, have lunch and leave your title in the trash, certainly don't take it with you when registering. Also there is a vin plate attached to the trailer with two pop rivets remove it before registering the trailer. (That way if they ask if the trailer has a VIN and you say no, your not lying. )
    SOAR Novice #113

All I needed to know

Still hoping owners post up some pics!

I'll finally be going down this week to get myself a trailer. I'll be getting some other things I ordered as well (tires, helmet, chain, water pump). Can I just not declare them at the border?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
    I'll finally be going down this week to get myself a trailer. I'll be getting some other things I ordered as well (tires, helmet, chain, water pump). Can I just not declare them at the border?
    I declared my HF trailer parts at the border with receipt in hand and all the customs guy did was ask me twice if I bought smokes or alcohol. Didn't have to pay duty on it...saweet!

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
    Of course you can just not declare them at the border, it's up to you.

There may be concequences tho.