****** off can they do this??

Thread: ****** off can they do this??

Hey guys,

So I went online to a site I found on google a while back called insurancehotline.com. Through them i found my lowest rate for my 250r last season. This year i decided to check again for some rates on a 2005 zx6r or gsxr600. I was quoted online for about 1500 a year. Great news. So i called them today and the lady said that my quote would be 7500. WTF. Can they do that. Do they not need to go with their online quote even within a few hundred. cuz 6grand diff is bogus. IM turning 24 in June. been driving since 16. Got my first bike last year. M2 rider with certificate. Never had license suspended, ticket of any kind or even been pulled over. Any young riders with SS bikes out there with insurance around 1500-2000 a yr rather than 7500.

Re: ****** off can they do this??

Call every insurance company you can find to get quotes, don't go by what the online says because it could miss something that is very important to the rating.

Try Statefarm. You will definitely get a better rate with them.

Of course they can do that... probably some weasel clause in 2 font on the web page stating the quotes are estimates and subject to change. Shop around, hopefully you'll find a better price.

InsuranceHotline and Kanetix are NOT brokers/agents, and they are not employed by any of the insurance companies they provide quotes for. InsuranceHotline and Kanetix simply compile quotes for your benefit, and make money by referring you to brokers/agents who can give you a set-in-stone quote. Online quotes are far from perfect. If you want a more accurate quote, you would be best off quoting directly from the insurance company's website (such as TD/Primmum/Meloche, Riders Plus, Allstate, Co-operators, etc.) The insurance company's own rating programs will be much more accurate than those programmed by a third party such as Kanetix or InsuranceHotline.
    Last edited by VifferFun; 05-05-2010 at 09:49 AM.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiNinja View Post
    Hey guys,

So I went online to a site I found on google a while back called insurancehotline.com. Through them i found my lowest rate for my 250r last season. This year i decided to check again for some rates on a 2005 zx6r or gsxr600. I was quoted online for about 1500 a year. Great news. So i called them today and the lady said that my quote would be 7500. WTF. Can they do that. Do they not need to go with their online quote even within a few hundred. cuz 6grand diff is bogus. IM turning 24 in June. been driving since 16. Got my first bike last year. M2 rider with certificate. Never had license suspended, ticket of any kind or even been pulled over. Any young riders with SS bikes out there with insurance around 1500-2000 a yr rather than 7500.
    programming or creating report error..
    you can't quote them on the online quote.. no one will buy that.
    To Achive The Possible, We Must Attempt The Impossible.
    -----------
    02 Suzuki GSX-R600 - Sold

Haha... I was buying a car a while ago, and I wanted to do online VIN check. I found a site that does it for money, but they had a free lookup that only reported some partial results. So, I put the VIN in it and it comes back saying "there is a problem with accident history for this car". Ok, so I buy the real check, and the car turns out to be clean. :P

So much for the quality of the free check... You get what you pay for.
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

ANy 24 yr old riders here with SS bikes paying less than 2grand??

Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiNinja View Post
    ANy 24 yr old riders here with SS bikes paying less than 2grand??
    Probably not . . . but if so, they would be with State Farm. I'm not sure what State Farm's rates are like for the 5+ years licensed crowd who are 21 to 24 years old, but they are definitely cheap when you are 25+ years old.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)