Ultimate 08 R6 HID Install Guide! No cutting wires! No bodywork removal!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimate 08 R6 HID Install Guide! No cutting wires! No bodywork removal!!

Re: Ultimate 08 R6 HID Install Guide! No cutting wires! No bodywork removal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blombolle View Post
    Does it matter if you change + and - ?
    I do not know which is which at the moment, but I am afraid to damage the HID bulbs.
    If you are using the DDM kit is has cross polarity protection, so if you get it backwards, it just won't turn on. It won't damage anything. I can't speak to the quality of other peoples kits, but the DDM will have no issues.

Did you measure before connecting everything?
    I'm not sure what you are asking. Just make sure you have a spot to put the ballast and igniter where you can ZIPTIE it (no two sided tape!) and that your wires will reach. I always mock things up, do a temp install, make sure none of the wires are being pulled tight, etc.

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 06-09-2011 at 01:33 PM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

I do not know which is which at the moment, but I am afraid to damage the HID bulbs.
    Are you done yet? C'mon man, where's the pics!! What colour did you go with?? =)

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

I meant measuring the voltage on the + wire before connecting

I had some damage with my bike few weeks ago, but everything will be fixed next week!
    After that, I will make some pictures of my bike, including 6000K Xenon

Regards, Dennis

I got my bike back last weekend

It took me some time to hide the ballasts, but all the works are worth it!
    See picture below for indication of the 6000K Xenon.
    It is hard to get the color clear on a picture, but I'm sure you all know how it should look.

So, after the rebuild of my bike after the crash:

Last edited by Blombolle; 06-20-2011 at 01:55 PM.

I got my bike back last weekend

It took me some time to hide the ballasts, but all the works are worth it!
    See picture below for indication of the 6000K Xenon.
    It is hard to get the color clear on a picture, but I'm sure you all know how it should look.

So, after the rebuild of my bike after the crash:

Where did you get the center bulb from? It appears to match the HIDs....... It looks sweet !!