Ultimate 08 R6 HID Install Guide! No cutting wires! No bodywork removal!!

Thread: Ultimate 08 R6 HID Install Guide! No cutting wires! No bodywork removal!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ultimate 08 R6 HID Install Guide! No cutting wires! No bodywork removal!!

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    It probably took me 45 mins to get the first two connectors off. On the 2nd bulb, took me 2 mins.

If your tool is sharp enough, bent the tip slightly, stick it hard into the black tab, and give it a little twist while pulling on the wire, click, out it comes.

If your tool is thin enough, you can push it in there hard, then try and pivot it to lift the black square away from the pin, again, keep a little pressure on the wire.

Where do you live? I don't mind if you bring your bulbs over and I'll de-pin em for ya.

-Jamie M.
    I was using an actual pick set but haven't had luck. Maybe I'll try to use a large paper clip and try to shape it like your tool. It's also difficult because I'm not sure if I should be lifting straight up as if I am pulling something out of the connector.

I live in Virginia.

how yellow are they in person compared to regular halogen???
    My Rides:
    2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
    Looking for a 125 or 250

Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    how yellow are they in person compared to regular halogen???
    I'm sure some other peeps can vouch, but Halogen, pretend they are ORANGE, compared to these, these ones are absolute pure yellow, just like yellow LED's.

They look absolutely totally different then Halogen.

Pic:

And if I didn't say it already, WHOLY CRAP can you ever see good at night! Even with my Blue Chrome visor, I can see amazing! WOOT!

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 06-06-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Thank you for this tutorial!
    I have done it to my headunit as well today!
    Probably the first Dutch guy with this install

Here some tips from my side:

- Use a long paperclip and your pliers to fix this.
    - Flatten your paperclip by hammering on it (makes it easier to push the caps in order to remove your wires etc.)

- After replacing your original bulb with the HID, run the two wires through the rubber thing. Then get your cables through the hole (use your pliers to pull). After that, you can easely pull the rubber through the hole, instead of pushing it in again.

- Before connecting the connectors again, test your Xenon by just clicking all parts together (without connectors then of course). I have tested them on my car, since that has Xenon as well (using the car's ballasts etc.)

Hope this will help all the others as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Blombolle View Post
    Hope this will help all the others as well!
    Thanks for the info. Like the idea about hammering the end of the paperclip to make it nice and thin to fit in the connector to de-pin it =)

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

In addition to this, and if you do want to cut some wires, you could do the following:

- Cables from your ballast directly in the blue connector, instead of reconnecting the black and blue connectors like in step 1.

This is what I did in order to do more direct wiring (cutting required).

Last edited by Blombolle; 06-08-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Added a picture

Does it matter if you change + and - ?
    I do not know which is which at the moment, but I am afraid to damage the HID bulbs.

Did you measure before connecting everything?