DDM HID kit group buy round 2 - Page 2

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DDM HID kit group buy round 2

Re: DDM HID kit group buy round 2

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer_flexx View Post
    No i have a R6 actualy. but the reason i wanted to do both hi and low is so it doesnt look so off, ive always disliked the way it comes stock and if im gunna change them im thinking of doing them both.

Just didnt know if i put the HID bulb into the high beam spot will still be angled higher and be blinding people when i ride with both of them on or is there some way to angle it down a little to match the low beam angle.
    Not sure about angling them but as for the kits you're free to order what you want, just give me all the details for your order by the cutoff.
    ~Get busy living or get busy dying~

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

Quote Originally Posted by aircav View Post
    Gixxers tend to get grumpy and go on a work to rule program.
    Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    what if your a Blind dyslexic ?

and do they have braille in different languages, or is it universal ?

Quote Originally Posted by SPDDMN View Post
    Can I respectfully make a request? If you don't want a kit don't turn this thread into the same mess the first one was with everyone ragging on people for buying them claiming they blind people. If you read that WHOLE thread, more specifically that last few pages, you'll see I'm setting up a test late this month or early next month to test these theories. So please keep your nay saying and BS to yourselves and come out to the test to see the actual results. After that if you want to run off at the mouth about blinding people then you'll have evidence to back it up should your claims be true based on actual tests.

Thank you in advance. I don't want to have to sort through tonnes of posts to make this order so please just keep it to yourself until after the test.
    Tests coming after the order doesnt help those who dont know anything about HIDs, 55W is overkill, not only in the fact it blinds everyone but it also can melt your stock wiring and headlight casing. 35W still produced light that traveled further than my stock high beams in every car/bike ive had HID's in. For those who dont know.

Some FAQs:

Can I order these for my car as well?

Yes you can as a few people at my work went in on the first group buy and due to the success of that order and the noticeable results, more are going in on this buy.

Just my suggestion be (2) Single 55W (insert bulb size and color) as this is what people at my work did and had much success.

How can I pay you for my deposit?

You can email money transfer me 20.00 at the address provided in the PM or deliver cash to me at work Saturday between 9am and 1pm, PM me if you want to bring cash and I'll give you my work address.

Can I change the colour of my order?

Yes you can as all I've done so far is create a spreadsheet with all the orders in it and won't be placing the order until Monday (cutoff to order is Sunday at midnight) so all I have to do is edit a spreadsheet entry

How much is shipping going to be?

Since the order has not been put into a "shopping cart" on the site and the order isn't complete yet, or delivered (customs and taxes will increase your total share of the shipping) so therefore I will not be able to correctly provide you with an accurate total for the kit plus your share of shipping

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

Quote Originally Posted by ChaserChris View Post
    Tests coming after the order doesnt help those who dont know anything about HIDs, 55W is overkill, not only in the fact it blinds everyone but it also can melt your stock wiring and headlight casing. 35W still produced light that traveled further than my stock high beams in every car/bike ive had HID's in. For those who dont know.
    NICE HIDS!

How is my 55W HID going to melt harnesses if my stock headlight is 55W? Please explain this using a mathematical equation showing that an HID will draw more amperage and therefore melt the harness since just "claiming" it will melt it is NOT proof. Do you know anyone who has melted a harness on their bike using a 55W kit if their bike has a stock 55W?

I'm trying to be nice here so, if you can't provide any sort of evidence to back up your claim, piss off! I don't want this thread to turn into the mess the first group buy did with claims like this with NO proof to back it up. If you don't have anything to back up your "claims" then please take it somewhere else. Start your own thread about HID's blinding people or 55W setups melting harnesses because I don't want your crap in my thread unless you can conclusively back up your claims. Please don't post here if you don't have any interest in ordering. If you have no interest in buying a kit MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD bashing HID kits and have all the fun you want in that thread.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Savage308; 05-05-2010 at 12:41 PM.

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

How is my 55W HID going to melt harnesses if my stock headlight is 55W? Please explain this using a mathematical equation showing that an HID will draw more amperage and therefore melt the harness since just "claiming" it will melt it is NOT proof. Do you know anyone who has melted a harness on their bike using a 55W kit if their bike has a stock 55W?
    The bulb runs hotter actually. I was going to install this kit last year, but one of the other guys that installed it melted some bits in his headlight casing or something and i just said forget it..

I'll try to find pics

Quote Originally Posted by GTASynthetics View Post
    The bulb runs hotter actually. I was going to install this kit last year, but one of the other guys that installed it melted some bits in his headlight casing or something and i just said forget it..

I'll try to find pics
    Ok well a headlight assembly isn't a harness and yes the bulbs will run hotter. But the claim is the harnesses are being melted not headlight assemblies!

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

Ok well a headlight assembly isn't a harness and yes the bulbs will run hotter. But the claim is the harnesses are being melted not headlight assemblies!

Looks like his 55W setup just started a forest fire.. Smokey the Bear is going to lay a SMACK down on that person.

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

Actually I said it could melt both, the wiring and your headlight casing as stated above.

Also take a look at this video if you dont believe me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCqjSLUIkjk

The amps the HID kits spike to on start up can melt the car/bikes stock wiring.

Even if you try to pull the whole "I'm right unless proven otherwise" ******** you still cant win. Im not raining on your "group buy" Im just suggesting people not buy 55W kits for good reason, and you do know that DDM offers the 35W kits Im suggesting right?

Actually I said it could melt both, the wiring and your headlight casing as stated above.

Also take a look at this video if you dont believe me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCqjSLUIkjk

The amps the HID kits spike to on start up can melt the car/bikes stock wiring.

Even if you try to pull the whole "I'm right unless proven otherwise" ******** you still cant win. Im not raining on your "group buy" Im just suggesting people not buy 55W kits for good reason, and you do know that DDM offers the 35W kits Im suggesting right?
    Can't see the video at work, you tube is blocked. And no I've only been on the site countless times and taken multiple order requests for BOTH group buys, but no, I have no idea there's a 35 watt option. Can you post a link for these 35watt kits because they seem to evade me.

So thank you for warning people of the potential risk for melting harnesses and/or headlight assemblies. It's now at their discretion which kit they choose to buy knowing full well the potential dangers with their choice.

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

I'll take one.

35w 6000k H7 Single LO Beam

PM sent
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

I would like to thank everyone who has PM'ed me with all the necessary info and those who are close enough that I can fill in the gaps.

To those who aren't quite sure which bulbs you have, my suggestion is to call the dealer and find out. I would also suggest that if you're on the fence about 55W kits because of the warnings of melting harnesses or headlights to go with a 35W kit since it's been said that they don't cause any problems.

Thank you to those who are showing concern for others and wanting to help sway people away from a potentially problematic situation of melting harnesses or headlights.

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

Can't see the video at work, you tube is blocked. And no I've only been on the site countless times and taken multiple order requests for BOTH group buys, but no, I have no idea there's a 35 watt option. Can you post a link for these 35watt kits because they seem to evade me.

So thank you for warning people of the potential risk for melting harnesses and/or headlight assemblies. It's now at their discretion which kit they choose to buy knowing full well the potential dangers with their choice.

I have read several posts about 55W kits .No problems of any sorts .

If you look hard enough you will find problems with any kit .Most problems are with installations .Companies wouldn`t be selling these if things were melting .

08 VRSCDXA
    99 VFR800
    90 GSXR1100
    88 600 Katana
    84 VF500F
    84 Yamaha XS 400
    84 Suzuki GS400

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy **** ....what a ride!'

Quote Originally Posted by pfbmgd View Post
    I have read several posts about 55W kits .No problems of any sorts .
    I did current and voltage drop tests on my DDM 55w kit I just ordered through the previous group buy!

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=115497

Low beam: Voltage with stock H7 bulb, 13.41V. Current draw: 4.71amps
    High beam: Voltage with stock H7 bulb, 13.36V. Current draw: 4.61amps

Low beam: Voltage with DDM 55w Digital Ballast, 13.39V. Current draw: 5.16amps
    High beam: Voltage with DDM 55w Digital Ballast, 13.35V. Current draw: 5.18amps

That's an 11% increase in current draw. Hardly enough to melt your wiring

Now, as far as the startup current spike. Unless I had a logger for my meter, there's no way I can tell how much. The startup current spike lasts for approx 1/4 second, way to fast for me to see. Strange thing though, my meter can lock maximum voltage, and when the igniter is firing, for about 1/8th of a second I get a steady reading of 19v?? crazyness! I blame it on the cap in place of the battery

I leave my high beam switch on all the time now, and approx 1 second after the bike starts, the R6 turns on both lights. Haven't blown any fuses or melted anything yet

All tests done one right after another, using an 80 farad 16v digital cap in place of my battery, etc. etc.

Before I zip tied the ballast to the wiring harness I made sure it wasn't going to get too hot. After running the HID's for 30 mins the ballast was barely warm.

-Jamie M
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 05-05-2010 at 08:17 PM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

So when we do this group buy, the only advantage is that we split the shipping costs and we pay for our own hid kit costs? How about the conversion rates?

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon View Post
    So when we do this group buy, the only advantage is that we split the shipping costs and we pay for our own hid kit costs? How about the conversion rates?
    basiically yes, we're splitting the shipping costs. As for the conversion rates I'm going to make the necessary adjustments to everyone's individual total so when you pay the remaining balance after your 20.00 deposit, it will include the extra you'll owe for the conversion rate based on the cost of your kit.

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

I just noticed that DDM has raise the price of the single HID set from $17.50 to $25. Still a good deal but not sure how this will effect your group buy.
    Current - '08 T-rex (soon to be T-rex-T)
    Current - '02 Suzuki Hayabusa-T

Ex' - '88 - Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '01 - Suzuki Gixxer 1000
    Ex' - '89 - Honda CB-1
    Ex' - '02 Yamaha R6
    Ex' - '91 Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '98 Suzuki GSXR 600

My Dual H7 55W 4500K kit arrived yesterday.

Took about 1.5 hrs to install (only because i had never taken the fairings off the bike before and wanted to be careful)

Everything looks and works perfect.

My total cost for the kit shipped to my door with duty was $93 not a bad price for a 2 bulb system

The shipment took a couple of weeks to get to me only because they were on backorder for awhile.

It spent 3 days at CDN customs and once released took 1 day to arrive at my door

anyone thinking about this upgrade will not be disappointed!