Jevco slow to take money???

Thread: Jevco slow to take money???

Jevco slow to take money???

I signed up for new bike insurance on March 29th with Jevco (through a broker in town) and to this day they have not cashed the cheque!!! I've never had this happen, most insurance company's make sure they get their money ASAP, these guys wait 5+ weeks. I've already had to go back to the broker to get another temporary slip printed.

Anyone else experience this issue? My initial thought is that if they are this slow taking the money, how quick would they be if they were in a position to pay me???

Re: Jevco slow to take money???

surprised you didn't have to provide certified cheque.
    x

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Maybe they just cash them all once per month.

I sent my cheque in late and they eventually cashed it.

I transferred directly through my bank...quick and easy (wasn't Jevco tho...)

Proud owner of a 2001 Kawi 250 (low side count: 3)
    UWaterloo '13-14 - Fin. Analysis, Com. Sci. (SE) Double
    (don't hate on the sig...ye have been warned...)

2005 Suzuki SV650s [current] 2000 Suzuki SV 650s ( SOLD ) 1985 Suzuki GS 400 (SOLD)

I just went though this....i signed March 24.....well April 20th I called my agent...turns out they didnt PDF the forms to their head office in Montral.

THEN they attempted to take out the money from my VISA ( i did the 4 payments...one though visa and 3 through Direct Deposit)

Anyways come say April 24th they attempted but for some reason the payment didnt go through my visa...came declined....well my broker calls all freaking out saying they sent some registered letter, i didnt get it till a couple days later.

I ended up calling their head office to complain...because there was a $50 surcharge....i explained how long it took and i ended up calling my broker and fixing their administrative blunder.

Come April 28th they ended up correcting the error...taking the original amount from my credit card...but because it took so long they wanted the next payment like the next day...if i was to continue doing the 3 payments...

So I ended up just telling them to take a total of 2 payments...on top of the credit card one...so a total of 3 as of now will be taken, instead of the 4 I initially agreed upon.

Moral of the story...yea they take long...call your broker to make sure the same thing didnt happen to you...and hopefully everything works out in your favour!

When my renewal came from Jevco and I mailed the cheque, it was never cashed. Turns out the address they gave was wrong and the letter came back but not before they notified me I had not paid. Jevco does not seem to have their head on straight.
    The motorcycle must surely be the devils handy work, cuss its way tooooo much fun

I went with John r Duffy, and ended up with Jevco..

I gave them a void cheque to take it out of my account..

Was insured on April 27, and they took money out May 1

Just thought I'd let you know..

I honestly cant say enough good things about John Duffy.. really helpful people. .

Everytime I pay Jevco with credit card in full through their website it takes over a month. Or should I say the broker.

Because first you're paying Jevco. Jevco than sends a confirmation bill to your broker letting them know the money was received. This can take months don't ask me why. Than once your broker receives confirmation they send you the permanent slip.

I know this because they e-mailed me months later saying I didn't pay but luckily I had the transaction id.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewp View Post
    I just went though this....i signed March 24.....well April 20th I called my agent...turns out they didnt PDF the forms to their head office in Montral.
    FYI the brokerage uploads the application directly on Jevco's system.

That being said at this time of year, Jevco is one of the country's busiest bike insurer's. They may be slightly behind in processing applications once they've been uploaded to them.