Opinion of this route?

Thread: Opinion of this route?

Opinion of this route?

Can I get some experience or opinions on this route?

Thanks in advance!!

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/2-7xUb
    Cam
    DR.ZED
    09 Jetta clean diesel. M6
    07 Honda Shadow Spirit C2 VTX750C27
    85 BMW 325e - the race car

Re: Opinion of this route?

hwy 11, 69 and that section of 17 are going to be some boring stretches of hwy. with a long trip like that you could do some serious riding in VT, and NY and come home through the finger lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by zacm7 View Post
    hwy 11, 69 and that section of 17 are going to be some boring stretches of hwy. with a long trip like that you could do some serious riding in VT, and NY and come home through the finger lakes.
    Agreed.Flip the route over and take it thru Quebec.Or down into the Finger Lakes.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Huh..? 17 has some AMAZING scenery, lovely twists and turns and drops into views of the lake. It's a really nice drive, admittedly I've only done it by car but it was awesome then.. I could only think it gets better by bike!

But yes, the 11 stretch from Hunstville southwards is quite boring..

17 is amazing through most parts between Sault Ste Marie and Thunder bay. i mean northern ontario is a beaut but i think 20 hours of driving would be better spent other then the route chosen.

huntsville and south is boring, my cottage is just east of sudbury and its not that great of a drive, lots of rock and trees or maybe its because i have been going up there for 23 years so it just seems boring.
    Last edited by zacm7; 05-02-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Banned

Maybe those of you who have done the nicer loops in Quebec or the states could put the routes up into googlemaps for the rest of us? I'd like to go down south for a weekend here and there, it'd be great to take a confirmed route that someone here can vouch for...

Allegany State park and Finger Lakes, great for riding and lots of camping around the region...and wine if you like that.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...817261&t=h&z=8

Toronto to Bar Harbor Maine... a bigger route my buddy and myself did this one on a canada day long weekend about 4 years ago...if you have more time there is a ferry from bar harbor ME to new Brunswick and NS. the #2 HWY from vt to me is a MUST!

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...269043&t=h&z=6

Banned

Awesome, thanks. Just plugged that first route into my TomTom... had to use the towns as waypoints but it seems to have picked up the right way. What are some highlights of the route? Scenery? Nice roads? All of the above?

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes View Post
    Awesome, thanks. Just plugged that first route into my TomTom... had to use the towns as waypoints but it seems to have picked up the right way. What are some highlights of the route? Scenery? Nice roads? All of the above?
    Allegany state park is amazing we camped here for 3 nights in august and it was very nice, lots of twisties...that are freshly paved (red house section of the park). at sunset and sunrise you are dodging deer because there are so many. lots to explore in that state park, lots to see and the roads are very good. the finger lakes is just about the same, lots of good roads and lots of waterfalls...a must see is Watkins Glen, and theres a race track there too if you plan it out right you could watch some kind of racing. the finger lakes are great lots of camping lots of good roads and lots of good food. when we went we camped for a week and went to different waterfalls everyday we saw at least 10 of them and they weren't just little streams they are photo worthy so if you into waterfalls finger lakes is the place to be. allegany is probably my favorite state park in NY...its huge lots of things to do and there is tons of wild life, if you have never seen a deer wake up at 6am walk to the park and they just gather.