Anyone ever ordered from Bayside Performance? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever ordered from Bayside Performance?

Re: Anyone ever ordered from Bayside Performance?

seems to be common. good prices and shipping within Canada so no duty but if you need something in a hurry order elsewhere.
    Saturday night is free moustache rides for the ladies, apply within

2009 Black n Orange bike with a bit of a rash
    2009 Blue and White bike SOLD

I had some stuff ordered, and it was taking a lot of time (over a month). I had to "log in" to their site to find out that for some reason my paypal address did not completely go through (though it did on my PP confirmation).

Even though you have a billing and delivery address on their "site account" they can not check this for some reason... or email you (email AND phone number is part of their site account as well). I called, to correct the matter, and the person I dealt with had no excuse, questioned my annoyance, told me he had no way to contact me (excuse me?!?)and called me "rude"... so sorry.

Bad experience, will never order again.

If anyone has a package that is taking extra time I would encourage you to log in to check you order history. They will not call or email you to tell you when/why something is delayed.

I finally got my stuff. They replied to my email 4 days later and said one of the products I ordered was backordered, hence the delay. Would have been nice if they had emailed me to inform me of the delay, but whatever.

As someone said, if you want stuff in a hurry, bad place to order from. Otherwise, prices are decent.

Agreed. Bad at communication but great (better than local) prices on most items. Having said that I'd buy from them again.

Tried out Bayside Performance recently.
    Placed an order for my Factory Pro velocity Stacks.
    Paid $230.97 CDN. Best price I could find them for in the states were $240 USD.

Prior to May 8th I was in communication with Kevin cause they didn't have my bike listed on their website. He said they had my part in the warehouse.
    Order placed May 8th.
    "processing" state until the May 19th.
    "Shipped" May 19th and recieved them May 25th (delivery time of 4 business day's).

I wasn't amused with the "processing" state being so long especially if they had my part in their warehouse. The E-mail you get when your order get's approved (ETA to you is 6-10 business days), seems to be computer generated message and only apply's if they have your item in stock.

I think my order and deliver time was fine. For the price, shipping and not having to deal with possibly getting ding'd at customs, I had a good experience with them. Will defenitely shop there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdragon View Post
    Tried out Bayside Performance recently.
    Placed an order for my Factory Pro velocity Stacks.
    Paid $230.97 CDN. Best price I could find them for in the states were $240 USD.

Prior to May 8th I was in communication with Kevin cause they didn't have my bike listed on their website. He said they had my part in the warehouse.
    Order placed May 8th.
    "processing" state until the May 19th.
    "Shipped" May 19th and recieved them May 25th (delivery time of 4 business day's).

I wasn't amused with the "processing" state being so long especially if they had my part in their warehouse. The E-mail you get when your order get's approved (ETA to you is 6-10 business days), seems to be computer generated message and only apply's if they have your item in stock.

I think my order and deliver time was fine. For the price, shipping and not having to deal with possibly getting ding'd at customs, I had a good experience with them. Will defenitely shop there again.

My order was May 8th..........STILL PROCESSING!
    Saturday night is free moustache rides for the ladies, apply within

2009 Black n Orange bike with a bit of a rash
    2009 Blue and White bike SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
    My order was May 8th..........STILL PROCESSING!
    Yeeeeee.......
    I'll shut up now...

If you don't mind me asking. What did you order? That might be a reason why.

Ordered a backpack on June 30th. Called multiple times this week and the item has STILL not arrived at their location (they receive stuff from US). Was told to call again on Sat (was told to call a few times earlier already) to see if they finally get it.

Not very pleased with how things take forever to ship -- I'm pretty sure other customers are not pleased either. Prices are decent but not cheaper than buying from US, which takes 2-3 days to ship to a Niagra NY address.

Definitely not buying from them again. Would rather pay extra to get it locally and right away or through US for less. Can't image them getting good reviews or returning customers with the way they handle the logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by gideel View Post
    Ordered a backpack on June 30th. Called multiple times this week and the item has STILL not arrived at their location (they receive stuff from US). Was told to call again on Sat (was told to call a few times earlier already) to see if they finally get it.

Not very pleased with how things take forever to ship -- I'm pretty sure other customers are not pleased either. Prices are decent but not cheaper than buying from US, which takes 2-3 days to ship to a Niagra NY address.

Definitely not buying from them again. Would rather pay extra to get it locally and right away or through US for less. Can't image them getting good reviews or returning customers with the way they handle the logistics.
    Ya i had same issues as have many others on here, there customer service isn't much better.

I know this is an old thread but I just want to share my experience with them.

First from there us website and Canadian website it's off by quite a bit...on a 170$ Canadian order it was 16$ cheaper on there us website when you add it to the cart. I asked why and he says they have to make money somewhere. There should of been a 2$ difference max.

Second I had 3 very small items that weighed less then 2 pounds combined together and he charged me 22$ shipping. When I inquired if it was express post he said no. Express post would of been double or triple he said??? I just shipped a big box with a slip on in the box for 24$ express post from Ottawa to Edmonton. So basically he charges more for the actual shipping then it actually cost.

3rd they seem to be shipping only a once or a few times a week cause it's been 5 days and the order is still processing...

Id rather pay more at the dealership then deal with them again...just thought I'd share.

Ya they charge a bit much for shipping but somebody has to pkg it and send it I guess. When I ordered from them I never heard from them....I finally phoned and said hey what's happenin? When I order from the States most companies send you updates...that they received your order etc etc. Bayside nuthin...lol.
    They said all was well...they aren't in any hurry to ship that's for sure. But it arrived in a reasonable time.
    Funny though I ordered otherstuff same date from different parts of the US and all that stuff arrived quicker and less shipping costs...go figure?
    Here's my order...

Qty. Products Total
    1 ea. CRG 3" Right Side Hindsight LS Folding Bar End Mirror Black
    •Color - Black
    $80.37
    1 ea. CRG 3" Left Side Hindsight LS Folding Bar End Mirror Black
    •Color - Black
    $80.37
    2 ea. CRG Billet Adjustable Bar End Mirror Mounting Kit $36.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$196.86Sub-Total: CAD

$24.00Ontario And Quebec Shipping (1 x 6.00lbs) ():

$28.72HST:

$249.58Total: CAD

I've ordered a bunch of stuff, Rearsets, Clipons, Lines, and stuff like that. It was delivered within a week each time.

Prices are good for a Canadian shop and no raping on customs fees.

Each time I dealt with a guy called Jason who seemed fine with me.

I'd order again

Bayside seems to get more negative reviews than positive, but in future, keep the following information in mind if you want some peace of mind.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The default choices (a.k.a. the "big" players), if you live in the GTA and have an afternoon to waste, in no particular order are:

1. GP Bikes (Whitby)
    2. Royal Distributing (Whitby)
    3. Kahuna (Toronto)
    4. Riders Choice (Toronto)
    5. Parker Bros (Toronto)

Now, there are other places further west and/or north that have positive reviews and lots of happy customers (e.g. Blue Streak Racing), but if you're in the GTA, it's completely up to you if you want to go out to see them.

If you want to go the online route, my preferences are as follows (no particular order):

1. motorcyclegear.com
    2. canadasmotorcycle.ca
    3. ridersdiscount.com
    4. solomotoparts.com
    5. motomummy.com

I've done business with all of the above, never had a complaint with any of them (and no one on the gixxer.com forums have ever had any negative things to say).

With regards to STG (a.k.a. sportbiketrackgear.com), my only issue with them is/was their standard price for shipping to Canada (they tack on a fixed dollar value) - 9 times out of 10 that makes them more expensive than the 5 I listed above (however, like the previous 5, no one has ever had a bad thing to say about Jason or Bryan).

If you want the gamut of online retailers who have some traction, then my final offering is motorcycle-superstore.com; I've never done business with them, don't know anyone who has, and quite frankly I only use them for the pictures...

Again, you could also use Blue Streak Racing (they have an online presence as well; and between them and Canadasmotorcycle.ca, you may be able to keep it "local").

Good luck.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

I bought an aftermarket exhaust from them last year and got it in no time in perfect condition.
    Current: 2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000
    Previous ride: 2005 Yamaha FZ6

I ordered a 520 chain conversion with both front and rear sprockets for the Duc and service was excellent to say the least. The salesman(forgot his name as this was a year ago) even sold me the carrier at cost to avoid the wait if I ordered what I wanted originally. If you order parts in the dead of winter and start complaining because of long shipping times then that's just retarded. I always order in the off season just so Im not expecting to put them on the bike for a couple months. I know the bike will be ready come April anyway.
    '08 Ducati Hypermotard
    '86 Yamaha BW200

The problem with Bayside is they only stock really popular parts for the newer models. I ordered from them a few times, but they rarely stocked the parts for an '06 636 so I would have to wait for them to order it from their distributer, then ship it to me.

I didn't mind that much because I never needed anything right away, but still annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT

I've bought a few things from Bayside Performance. I can honestly say that it was one of the best experiences I've had online and I'm a big online shopper. Well it was semi-online as I actually just called them but its almost the same thing :P

Great prices, fast shipping and I forgot his name but the man in charge is incredible friendly (as well as his secretary).

Ordered an Axio tail bag a while back...
    Told them I needed it within 2 weeks, they said no probs.
    Week in, no shipping confirmation - emailed - response saying it's not in stock yet, also included a wry comment suggesting if I needed it in a certain timeline I should have ordered it earlier.
    Got it a week after original promised delivery - had to borrow a tail bag from someone else to make due on the trip.
    Will I buy from them again? Likely not...
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    I ordered a 520 chain conversion with both front and rear sprockets for the Duc and service was excellent to say the least. The salesman(forgot his name as this was a year ago) even sold me the carrier at cost to avoid the wait if I ordered what I wanted originally. If you order parts in the dead of winter and start complaining because of long shipping times then that's just retarded. I always order in the off season just so Im not expecting to put them on the bike for a couple months. I know the bike will be ready come April anyway.
    Well It's not exactly the dead of winter... Within a few weeks I will be riding. I do all my work in the winter and it's not retarted to want what you ordered and payed for as fast as possible. If you don't care waiting 3 weeks for something that you paid for your more patient then Most of us. There are a lot of online store that don't delay in shipping. If I would of known that he has to order the stuff in then ship it to me I would of not ordered from them.

Im glad at least a few get good service from them.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    Bayside seems to get more negative reviews than positive, but in future, keep the following information in mind if you want some peace of mind.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The default choices (a.k.a. the "big" players), if you live in the GTA and have an afternoon to waste, in no particular order are:

1. GP Bikes (Whitby)
    2. Royal Distributing (Whitby)
    3. Kahuna (Toronto)
    4. Riders Choice (Toronto)
    5. Parker Bros (Toronto)

Now, there are other places further west and/or north that have positive reviews and lots of happy customers (e.g. Blue Streak Racing), but if you're in the GTA, it's completely up to you if you want to go out to see them.

If you want to go the online route, my preferences are as follows (no particular order):

1. motorcyclegear.com
    2. canadasmotorcycle.ca
    3. ridersdiscount.com
    4. solomotoparts.com
    5. motomummy.com

I've done business with all of the above, never had a complaint with any of them (and no one on the gixxer.com forums have ever had any negative things to say).

With regards to STG (a.k.a. sportbiketrackgear.com), my only issue with them is/was their standard price for shipping to Canada (they tack on a fixed dollar value) - 9 times out of 10 that makes them more expensive than the 5 I listed above (however, like the previous 5, no one has ever had a bad thing to say about Jason or Bryan).

If you want the gamut of online retailers who have some traction, then my final offering is motorcycle-superstore.com; I've never done business with them, don't know anyone who has, and quite frankly I only use them for the pictures...

Again, you could also use Blue Streak Racing (they have an online presence as well; and between them and Canadasmotorcycle.ca, you may be able to keep it "local").

Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up on Canada's Motorcycle Dr. Sarcasm. They have great prices and free shipping to boot. Will definitely be using them. Btw, I had never heard of them before. Isn't the internet great?
    Aurora