AVOID cycelworld superstore for tire changes - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AVOID cycelworld superstore for tire changes

Re: AVOID cycelworld superstore for tire changes

In hindsight it would have been a courtesy for CWSS to call the OP and tell him that his paint will chip off. I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post

Anyways, I said I try to stay away from CWSS reviews so I'm done here........Over and Out.
    I think it's fair to say that if there are so many negative CWSS reviews that you've chosen to stay away from them, then you have a completely different problem with your shop.. and it's most likely not all stupid customers.
    I wouldn't treat bad shop reviews as a 'whatever, big deal' thing... especially on this forum.

'02 ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by f4XLR8 View Post
    the best option is to stay away from Cycleworld superstore...unless you want a chop shop to destroy your ride in the name of "servicing" it.
    I would like to see ANYONE change a tire on that rim without removing some of that rattle can paint job. The tire will rub against that area of the rim at some point during installation. It's completely unavoidable.

I will buy anyone a case of beer who can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I would like to see ANYONE change a tire on that rim without removing some of that rattle can paint job. The tire will rub against that area of the rim at some point during installation. It's completely unavoidable.

I will buy anyone a case of beer who can do it.
    Steak dinner and you have a bet ... the green or black masking tape used to protect the rims would remove the paint - does that count?
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

let it be...

Everyone has something to complian about...if he didn't do it at CWSS it would be another store...

blah blah blah...I "reviews" with a grain of salt...

Quote Originally Posted by Twoth View Post
    I wouldn't treat bad shop reviews as a 'whatever, big deal' thing... especially on this forum.
    Thats not the case at all. What I'm saying is that I totally believe that consumers have every right to vent and complain about what they feel is bad service. I do it, you do it and we all do it. I recognize this right and think that a complaint shouldn't always be met by a shop/store questioning them or trying to call them out in an open forum. I tend to use PM's to try to resolve issues, I find it more polite and I don't risk more bad feelings by dealing in an open forum. The reason this one caught my attention was because I feel the tech was put in an impossible situation and I wanted to stand up for him. Putting the 17" beads over the larger lip is where the outer damage occured. The pics I posted were more about showing the quality of paint that's on the rim. I feel it was unavoidable and unfortunate, the spray paint is extremely extremely weak.

So vent and complain in freedom, I'm reading and paying attention but for the most part will say nothing in the open forum. Anyone who knows me can confirm that I truly truly do care and do try my best to keep m'peeps happy.
    STIG 3.0

although you "truly truly do care"..as exemplified by statements like "You can fart on this rim and start a cascade of paint chips"..it's simply indicative of how carelessly CWSS operates in person and treats their customers.
    And as a previous user stated, if they'd even forewarned that "yes, we'll possibly scrape off paint from your rim during this service" then atleast the customer is given a second to weigh out their options and choose to go forward in an informed manner.
    But as it was said before, obviously i'm not the first person to complain about Cycleworld Superstore's poor service and lack of professionalism and i certainly won't be the last. So i hope cognizant users realize the jeopardy they place their bikes in w/ this place and opt for another option.

FWIW I'd rather have a few chips off a rattlecan job on the rim than ride on a severely worn tire. I could have my priorities wrong by preferring staying alive to lookin' good
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    I went there to buy my first time ever helmet and jacket (two separate occasions, though). Helmet was the first---there was a guy with red hair and pony tail. He went out of his way to help me find the right one. He was pretty much the reason I went there again to shop for my jacket. I didn't get to talk to him the second time around, but I was still quite satisfied with the service.

I have never had a really bad experience there. It's not my favorite store, but I don't have significant reasons to complain.
    same experience.. went there several times and got good service, got my helmet there. When I had some questions re: fit of helmet, they explained it politely (phone call). I'd go back. Just like any store, depends who you get.
    I treat people with respect, and expect it in return.

So i hope cognizant users realize the jeopardy they place their bikes in w/ this place and opt for another option.
    I also hope that cognizant users realize how valid your complaint really is.

they tried to sell the "white sidi vertigo's" the ones on new enough and ebay for like $140+ship for $400 claiming it was a special pricing because the demand is so low for the white ones...i just walked away.

they never seem to be there when its "open".

those are my beefs, along with a few others.

but as for the tire dude

$350 for powder coating 1 rim IS EXTREMELY HIGH

SEARCH the forums, you see most get the front and rear done proper powder coat for $200-250

and for sure your rims are not powder coated, spray coat definite.
    but its our job to end this and ride motorcycles like men...today's society is soft as hell. but riding a 600cc is the least you can do...

Imperialengravers.com --------------
    ------------------------------------
    ---------------------------

I also hope that cognizant users realize how valid your complaint really is.
    You just cant win with people like this, its a loose loose situation for the shop. I feel sorry for people that are so ignorant it blinds them from realizing simple facts...Like the fact that spray painted rims suck, and only look good the first time you paint them. Then chips off while changing the tire...For a mechanic this is nothing new! Happens all the time. His own pictures even prove it without a doubt, yet he is still here saying its the shops fault... He will never understand because he does not want to accept the blame...IMO the shop should go beyond their duty, and buy him a $2 can of spray paint. And tell him to repaint them himself...LOL He can then go even more ghetto and touch them up on the bike, masking off the tires with masking tape..LOL

But as it was said before, obviously i'm not the first person to complain about Cycleworld Superstore's poor service and lack of professionalism and i certainly won't be the last. So i hope cognizant users realize the jeopardy they place their bikes in w/ this place and opt for another option.
    If i recall correctly, a lot of those complaints were related to the owner and his attitude. I've been there several times and only have good things to say about the parts guys.

That being said, 'jeapardy' is a strong word to use seeing as how they just scuffed your precious rims. If you can't deal with this, learn how to change the tires yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

2005 Suzuki SV650s [current] 2000 Suzuki SV 650s ( SOLD ) 1985 Suzuki GS 400 (SOLD)

I had a tire changed there over a month ago...nothing but positive things to say about their service....

Mind you I didnt have spray painted rims, so I mean the job was perfect! And I lost a spacer, forgot who was there and picked it up and gave it back to me.

To the OP, you had spray painted rims...the painted chipped regardless if you did it or had any other shop do it....deal with it.

the paint fell off your spraypainted wheels and you want them to pay for them to be powdercoated?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    the paint fell off your spraypainted wheels and you want them to pay for them to be powdercoated?

LOL
    Hahahahaha didn't think of that the first time I read post.
    Bishop
    ex - Red '96 GS500e
    now - Dark '09 696 Now with Red parts

just for the record, Ted Rose, changed my front tire without so much as a single scratch to the rim. So for all of those supporting the inevitability of the damage that CycleWorldSuper store caused, why don't you call up Ted Rose and ask him what his magical trick must be, because it's obviously well beyond the comprehension of CWSS.

the best option is to stay away from Cycleworld superstore...unless you want a chop shop to destroy your ride in the name of "servicing" it.
    Wow very bold statement, ...UNTRUE but bold

BTW John Just changed my rear POWDERCOATED zx6 wheel, and the tire came off with no drama...to the OP let it go...

No point in arguing with someone who thinks the shop owes him a powder coating job for a ruined spray painted wheel.

I find it unfortunate that the tunnel vision of some users has strayed away from the fact that claims were being made that it's humanly impossible to change rims that are painted w/o ruining the paint job. Yet it was easily done by Ted Rose. I guess he must've called upon some supernatural power during the process....some kinda witchcraft that CWSS doesn't have access to and therefore STILL removes them of ANY responsibility for what happened.
    Honestly..i'll face it, CWSS won't pay for anything..i understand that, painting, powder-coating, or even the "touch up paint" that the owner recommended I myself purchase to cover up their careless mistake...it won't be paid for, i get that..so any individual still hung up on that point can sleep soundly knowing that it's been acknowledged. But the fact that they stated that the damage was "inevitable" (when in actuality it wasn't!) and washed their hands of all responsibility, and couldn't careless while the issue was being discussed is the purpose of this "review". It's about customer service, and they were lacking in that domain. Did John even offer to paint it again? or even touch it up?..no, like he said "I have paying customers who are waiting for me"...which pretty much sums up what you should expect at Cycleworldsuperstore's Service department.