State Farm Rates going UP - B rated will be hit hard!

Thread: State Farm Rates going UP - B rated will be hit hard!

State Farm Rates going UP - B rated will be hit hard!

So for all of you with state farm, contact your agent.

A rated drivers will get 5%-10% increase and B rated 30%+.
    Yet another riding season in Canada starting up with a nice touch.
    http://www.arcadius.ca/

1964 Junak M10, 2000 Bandit 1200

Re: State Farm Rates going UP - B rated will be hit hard!

when was that suppose to happen? my renewal was in feb and my rates went down this year...
    95 RS125 (track), 05 DL650 (street), 89 FZR400 (project)

I got my renewal in last week, I'm a plan B, price is the same.

Soon. My renewal is Sept and my goes up 6% and I found out about just because I called in today.

My mother has a renewal in June and she is top driver with 4 years and 11 months and 5 days of experience and full G and she was introduced today with 39.4% increase.

So get ready B rated State Farm clients
    http://www.arcadius.ca/

1964 Junak M10, 2000 Bandit 1200

Quote Originally Posted by arekzjawin View Post

Petty sure it depends on where you live/record... I'm on A-Plan, and all of my rates just went down (The renewals for my vehicle, my wife's and my bike)... about 5-10%... I live out in the country tho
    1975 Suzuki T500 - 2 Stroke 500 CC Twin

Quote Originally Posted by 2smokewilleh View Post
    Petty sure it depends on where you live/record... I'm on A-Plan, and all of my rates just went down (The renewals for my vehicle, my wife's and my bike)... about 5-10%... I live out in the country tho
    It will depend on a lot of criteria -- certainly much more than just "Plan A" or "Plan B". An increase specifically to "Plan B" would have to be in the form of an increase of the multi-product discount. Since State Farm just recently changed this discount within the last year, I doubt this is the case.

I'm guessing that State Farm has adjusted their territorial relativities (among other rating factors). This means that GTA rates will likely increase, and non-GTA rates decrease to reflect the increasingly different claim patterns.

Other rating factor relativities are likely changing as well. Depending on your risk profile, your rate change (up or down) can be very different to someone else's.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by arekzjawin View Post

Had a very similar conversation with my state farm rep last month when my wife had her first bike insured. I don't know about the exact percentage increase, but I am under the impression that all insurance companies are making adjustments like these.

Quote Originally Posted by pm127 View Post
    Had a very similar conversation with my state farm rep last month when my wife had her first bike insured. I don't know about the exact percentage increase, but I am under the impression that all insurance companies are making adjustments like these.
    Many insurance companies have increased rates in the GTA (at least for Auto). Motorcycle insurance may (or may not) also increase, depending on the insurer.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

i wanted to go with statefarm about 6 months ago, they quoted me $119 a month (this is on my car)...i am paying $125 a mnth on my car with current insurance company...called back about a week ago to see what statefarm are offering now before switching...they are now quoting me $190 a month on my 5 year old echo...so only my bike is with statefarm, i am curious to see if that changes...haven't seen an increase yet...$84 a month
    "In life there are winners and there are lugers..." - Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by DucDic View Post
    i wanted to go with statefarm about 6 months ago, they quoted me $119 a month (this is on my car)...i am paying $125 a mnth on my car with current insurance company...called back about a week ago to see what statefarm are offering now before switching...they are now quoting me $190 a month on my 5 year old echo...so only my bike is with statefarm, i am curious to see if that changes...haven't seen an increase yet...$84 a month
    I got royally raped on the b-plan with SF. last year I paid $92 a month for the bike and this year they wanted $160 a month. When I inquired about moving my car over they wanted $155 a month for my 10 year old Tercel and my bike would go back down. I still said screw you I'm not gonna pay out my arse for the car just to get a good rate for the bike(I'm over 30 and my record is clean). So I shopped around and brought both my car and my bike to TD and got an amazing rate. $72 a month for my R1, $100 a month for the car, and I save about $1000 per year overall compared to SF. And I also gained the benefit of accident forgiveness on both vehicles now, sweet. Now I am god damn happy, it pays to shop around and SF isn't always the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Col_Fokker View Post
    I got royally raped on the b-plan with SF. last year I paid $92 a month for the bike and this year they wanted $160 a month. When I inquired about moving my car over they wanted $155 a month for my 10 year old Tercel and my bike would go back down. I still said screw you I'm not gonna pay out my arse for the car just to get a good rate for the bike(I'm over 30 and my record is clean). So I shopped around and brought both my car and my bike to TD and got an amazing rate. $72 a month for my R1, $100 a month for the car, and I save about $1000 per year overall compared to SF. And I also gained the benefit of accident forgiveness on both vehicles now, sweet. Now I am god damn happy, it pays to shop around and SF isn't always the best choice.
    And this is why I created this post:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=111466

I direct anyone who is over 30yo on a SS to at least quote with TD/Meloche Monnex/Primmum. If you are a member of a professional organization (i.e. university graduate, engineer, etc.) you may qualify for Meloche which essentially offers discounted TD rates.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post

I direct anyone who is over 30yo on a SS to at least quote with TD/Meloche Monnex/Primmum. If you are a member of a professional organization (i.e. university graduate, engineer, etc.) you may qualify for Meloche which essentially offers discounted TD rates.
    Yeah, good post Viffer

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post

don't trust TD MM either....i quoted a 2010 ducati monster online and was quoted just over $900. i called to verify the quote on the monster as i couldn't understand why a hypermotard would be more expensive and require an alarm system. quote on the monster then changed to over $1600 and required an alarm. wtf????