new rider help

Thread: new rider help

Smile new rider help

Hello all,
    Great to meet you. I finally fullfilled my dream and bought a motorcycle (09 Ninja 250r). I wasnt very smart and got ripped off a little bit on it (I have a problem in trusting people too much).
    Anyway, without showing how stupid I am, I need to have this bike checked out by a mechanic to tell me if it needs any work and get a service maintenance done on it (its at 10,500km) right now. I live in downtown toronto. Does anyone recommend a mechanic close by? and How much do tune ups and maintenance usually cost?

Re: new rider help

I got my 250 with 10,000 and had it checked by a buddy who's a licensed bike mech. There where no prob with it at all, passed cert without touching a screw. As long as the previous owner maintained it you should be ok. The bike is very easy to work on and depending on what you need done you can prob do it yourself.

http://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-250r...d-diy-faq.html

A certification (if you dont have one) will run anywhere between $75 - $100. Although Im not a bike mech, I can take a look at the bike and give you my opinion and if you have anything to worry about (I watch/help my buddy do the work on my bike.) . I'm in the DT area.

Good luck and ride safe.
    Last edited by natlat; 04-22-2010 at 04:06 PM.