Street Racing Ticket- excelerating too fast - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Street Racing Ticket- excelerating too fast

Re: Street Racing Ticket- excelerating too fast

^ Therein lies the problem with all regulatory requirements that are subjective (based on someone's opinion). Nowhere is that written in black and white in a way that is not subject to someone's interpretation. Nor SHOULD it be, unless you want every vehicle on the road to have its acceleration limited to the maximum acceleration of a fully loaded Freightliner 18-wheeler.

Accelerating to 100 km/h in 5 seconds on my zx10r on dry pavement and without traffic in front dictating that I ought not to be doing that, is neither difficult nor dangerous nor even approaching the limits of what traction (or engine power) will dictate. The fact that it will leave almost all other traffic behind is of no relevance ... and if I'm at the front of a line of cars and I'm on my bike, I'd PREFER to get away from the cars. They can't do bad things to me if they're receding in the mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post

Get a lawyer. And stop riding like an idiot. Your making us all look bad.
    You do that very well, all on your own, every time you type a reply.

You presume to know how the rider was riding? Were you there? WItness anything? If not, calling someone an idiot for something you never witnessed is more than a little presumptuous.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post
    So what is the correct rate of acceleration to not be pinched by the police?

IMO, this really comes down to perception. What kind of exhaust you're running and just how much you crack the throttle that draws the attention of law enforcement.

Don't think it's fair but, it is what it is.

My muffler broke off once.. Since my mechanic was less than a mile away, I just decided to drive it. As gently I accelerated up to about 40 (50 zone), I had people gesturing for me to slow down. Perceptions about intentions built into a law are a bad feature
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

you have nothing to lose if you fight it, and that is REDONKULOUS! pisses me off. I hope your insurance doesnt eff you over. GOOD luck dude.

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    You do that very well, all on your own, every time you type a reply.

You presume to know how the rider was riding? Were you there? WItness anything? If not, calling someone an idiot for something you never witnessed is more than a little presumptuous.
    You are right, always the same story with Dank. He's the saint on tho wheels, SV650 at that and imagine he's never pulled too fast from the line .... LOL Makes you really wonder whether he has a bike at all.

What it does is makes me wonder if I should start deleting posts again when people start to make a thread be about the posters, rather than the topic.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I told one of my cop friends about this incident and he said it's ridiculous how much power police have now. He said himself that HTA 172 goes against the charter of rights... soooo how does something like this go through if half of the people asked to enforce them don't even believe it's fair.
    In your case, definitely go to court I'm sure it will be reduced.. I'm sorry to say it may end up costing you some money... probably so new guy cop could make his quota that week.

'02 ZX6R

Why would he want it to be reduced when he's innocent of any wrongdoing here?
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Why would he want it to be reduced when he's innocent of any wrongdoing here?
    He wouldn't. He'd want it tossed out as an idiotic charge and the officer censured (assuming that we're hearing the full story here), then receive damages relating to his loss of license and impoundment of his vehicle. Fat chance of that though.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    What it does is makes me wonder if I should start deleting posts again when people start to make a thread be about the posters, rather than the topic.
    Or you could just delete the provocative posts from people like dankyzz and turbodish who contribute nothing to the thread to help the op but rather provoke and troll until everyone gets out of hand...

Ban them I tells ya

I was expecting someone to say that. Do you not think that is already being done?

I was expecting someone to say that. Do you not think that is already being done?
    dankyzz and turbodish are being banned?

As for contacting my MPP, I don't believe I've received any answers from contacting them. Next election I plan on printing up a couple thousand sheets stating what my MPP has voted for that cost us extra money and distributing them around. Not that we would have done any better with the NDP or Cons at the helm.
    x

No, having useless posts deleted, where applicable.

I've tried communicating with my MPP regarding several issues. He just hands me off to someone else, rather then even bothering to respond himself.

He wouldn't. He'd want it tossed out as an idiotic charge and the officer censured (assuming that we're hearing the full story here), then receive damages relating to his loss of license and impoundment of his vehicle. Fat chance of that though.
    He'll be made to feel blessed if he gets one out of three. And he'll still have to waste more time going to a first appearance at the very least.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    As for contacting my MPP, I don't believe I've received any answers from contacting them. Next election I plan on printing up a couple thousand sheets stating what my MPP has voted for that cost us extra money and distributing them around. Not that we would have done any better with the NDP or Cons at the helm.
    This is a good idea, because at the very least, there will be less complacency and dithering about if there's an actual fear of losing the vote...

I'll take one of those flyers.. maybe a stack or two in fact

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Because that would be fair and logical.. Something that you shouldn't expect from this particular L.E.O. specimen.
    I wonder, if we should make a list of cop names and badge#s who ticket frivolously?

Quote Originally Posted by yeltoM View Post
    This may have been answered before but I'll ask again.

What is to stop me from just pulling over a random Police patrol car and charging the driver with the "marked departure..............." BS charge?

I'm thinking if the Police can do it why can't an ordinary citizen do it?

With a little concerted effort we could impound every Police car in the GTA.......no?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, I dunno.
    Hm, interesting proposition, a very radical one, I may add. It is an arrestable offence by anyone, no?

The charge is no doubt bogus. Police and judges hate bikers to begin with, especially the sport bikes. Chances of winning the case? Impossible to predict. Depends on how the judge feels that day. Compensation, NIL.

IMHO, I would go to court and see if that officer shows up. He might just be content with the fact you are out of pocket for nothing. In the event he is a no show, ask for dismissal. If he shows ask for a postponement, that you are trying to retain counsel. I used Poinnts in Brampton for a serious charge of 135 over. Two years later it was finalized at 49 over. The rep went to court 4 times. I paid him one fee up front, so he did work hard for me. As mentioned, write everything down to fine detail. You can get the officers notes as well, as I did in my case. I was only charged with speeding but it could have been careless or dangerous driving. My license was at stake.

Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

Good luck Buddy, please keep us posted as things progress. I'm thinking a good lawyer can get you off this one.